1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oem to nero ultra 6 to nero 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by vmaxdad, Nov 5, 2005.

1. vmaxdad

vmaxdad Member

I bought a new system that had the OEM Nero 6. I researched the upgrade options and saw that they offer a free download of Nero 7 Ultra if I upgraded to the full version of Nero 6 Ultra before Nov. 30th. I purchased my serial # last night and didn't have the serial # until today. I entered the new serial # and went to Nero's site to get the free Nero 7 download and serial #. I go through their steps on the site and it keeps coming up with an upgrade for $55. I have emailed them with no response. There customer service really seems to lack. Does anyone know what hoops I need to jump through to get me "free" upgrade to 7?

2. JRoDDz

JRoDDz Member

You have to register your copy of Nero 6 with them. Then you can request the upgrade to Nero 7.

3. vmaxdad

vmaxdad Member

Howdy,
    Thanks for the response. I did register, then it bought me to a page saying it was $55.81 for the upgrade to Nero 7. I have tried numerous times. First I go here from clicking nero.com on the start smart console it takes me to this page: http://ww2.nero.com/enu/index.html
    I have clicked both "upgrade" and register upgrade takes me here:
    http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero_7_Premium_Upgrade.html and click "upgrade now"
    That takes me here where I submit the serial number they emailed me:
    http://www.nero.com/enu/Upgrade_InfoPage.php
    When I click "submit" it gives me this page:
    http://www.nero.com/enu/Upgrade_Previous.html?NeroSID=1df727e2080c33dbd1a93ee49cedebb6
    It says $51.99 for the upgrade.... no mention of the free serial for Nero 7. Seems misleading.

4. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi,
    Have seen similar where Nero 6 was bought on special offer. On trying to upgrade to Nero 7 for free (which was what they were led to believe was an entitlement), the person concerned was told that free upgrade did not apply as their Nero 6 was a special offer & didn't qualify. Suggest you try d/l Nero 7 Demo, running setup & then inserting serial. Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005
  5. vmaxdad

vmaxdad Member

Howdy,
    Thanks... I'll try that. One of the pages listed in my previous post clearly states that the Nero 7 is free with the special online upgrade price to Nero Ultra 6 if made before the end of November.

6. hopper393

hopper393 Member

have same issue...same sitution and just bought my upgrade on the 19th of oct....down loading the trail ad then useing your serial they sent you for the ultra 6 will not take it out of demo mode...I started trying to email them on the first ...and the only response i recieved was from the on line store..the ones that sent me my downlaodable serial key...and their email was lame...didn't answer my questions...nor explain why the online store said I didnt quilify for the free upgrade...and that i could run the trail version for 30 days...didnt tell me why my purchase of the upgrade to my oem to ultra 6 and the free upgrade that is advertised when you upgrade...
    basically a song and dance...and also faxed copies of the email giveing me my serial key plus copies of the invoice...the link in the email when they sent you your key...by the way that fax number is 213-221-2255 in case you want to try that... to be honest I am at the point of going to the bank where credit card was used and fileing fraud on the company NERO...if your not aware most credit cards do have a fraud set up and they do love to get internet fraud ...the way I am seeing it not only was the nero web site praticeing fraud ..but also false advertiseing on top of that...

what really bits is I like there software....sure hate to have to go back to roxio...been looking for other set ups.....as seriously thinking of stopping payment and turnning the bank lose on a fraud case .....as 6 days with out a response from support@nero.com or the nero ag and only one from the online store and was a song and dance routine...

just an old highway tramp
    ---Bill---

7. vmaxdad

vmaxdad Member

Thanks Bill,
    Looks like bait and trap to me.... I have always liked Nero too but their lack of responses is making me feel mislead and ripped off. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow I will also file a fraud report with the federal trade commission along with contacting my bank. This stinks!!!

8. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi
    Re: Special free upgrade offer
    All customers who have purchased a full version (not an OEM version) of Nero 6 Reloaded BETWEEN September 1st, 2005 and November 30th, 2005 for the regular price will receive a free upgrade serial number for Nero 7 Premium
    Still does see
    http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/register.html
    The only thing to do is take a screenshot & along with reciept email them. There must be legal redress regardless of which country your in.

9. hopper393

hopper393 Member

it not only read like that to us....I have had a couple old timers around this forum you know the ones labeled addicts...go to the nero site and go through the motions and read ....and they both tell me that ....that there is no doubt that they way the web site reads we are supose to get the free upgrade....

---Bill---

10. hopper393

hopper393 Member

Zebadee
    there is also a part there that says if you upgrade your oem to the ultra you are also intilted to the nero 7....

---Bill---

11. vmaxdad

vmaxdad Member

I just copied this from the deceptive page:
    Online Customers

Customers who purchased a downloadable serial number from Nero, either at Regular price ($79.99) or at Special Upgrade Price between September 1, 2005 and November 30, 2005 will receive a FREE upgrade serial number for Nero 7 Ultra Edition.*

I used the special upgrade price.

12. hopper393

hopper393 Member

and here it is straight from nero...with a link for you to go look yourself

http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero_7_Premium_Upgrade.html

Online Customers

Customers who purchased a downloadable serial number from Nero, either at Regular price ($79.99) or at Special Upgrade Price between September 1, 2005 and November 30, 2005 will receive a FREE upgrade serial number for Nero 7 Ultra Edition.*

Customers who purchased a downloadable serial number from Nero either at Regular price $79.99 or at Special Upgrade Price before September 1, 2005 will receive a discount upgrade offer towards Nero 7 Ultra Edition.*

now wouldn't upgradeing your oem be that special upgrade price....

---Bill---

13. hopper393

hopper393 Member

14. hopper393

hopper393 Member

try one more time

http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/enu/Nero_7_Premium_Upgrade.html

what i noticed about the other links is if youll copy and paste all then go you will hit thwe first page then drop the drop down on your address bar and bring up the next one it will put you on the page...

---Bill---

15. vmaxdad

vmaxdad Member

Yup Bill... that's the way it was with me. There was an icon on my desktop that said online upgrade that disappeared after I upgraded too.

16. hopper393

hopper393 Member

thing i am trying righ now is to get it copied on a printer....but even went to landscape and that is even cutting ofsome of the lines on the right side of the page....dont want them changing up the web page on me so they can claim something else was on the page ....

---Bill---

17. vmaxdad

vmaxdad Member

I was wondering if the PrtScrnSysRq key would help copy the page... I am not very experienced and have no clue.... anyone out there know a way to copy a webpage to save for reference? I still haven't heard a word from Nero. Also when I go to the page where it asks for an upload of the invoice it says denied or something like that. wuta hassle.... I d/l Nero 7 trial and the serial I bought doesn't work with it either.... it was worth a try anyway. I'm bummin' over this.

18. hopper393

hopper393 Member

I still havent heard anything either....and like you don't know how to take a screen shot....although I did get it on a printed page...plus off my tool bar on explorer got a save as....unplugged from the dsl to make sure it was in file and not a jump link....but the thing there it copied all the print as it is on the page...just not any of the graphics....just text.....so yea wish someone would step up in here and give us a little help on learning to take a full screen shot of a web page......

----Bill---

19. ronmcd

ronmcd Member

You will all be happy to know that my Nero User page today showed a change of status to my application for the free ug that we have been waithing for.
    My status now reads:" You will receive your serial number per e-mail at November 10th "
    Chec your nero user page for the news Good / bad
    Ron

20. hopper393

hopper393 Member

Thanks fr the tip....but my nero page only changed to open ...but atleast its not saying denied.....but i did get an email saying that they will be mailing the serials out on the 10th...for people with the full versions....

Dear valued customer,

thank you for your E-Mail.

All customers who have purchased a full version (not an OEM version) of
    Nero 6 BETWEEN September 1st, 2005 and November 30th, 2005 for the
    regular price will receive a free upgrade serial number for Nero 7 Premium.
    Please register your Nero version on our website www.nero.com in order
    to receive your free Nero 7 upgrade serial number.

All customers who own a previous version of Nero or Nero 6 will get a
    special upgrade offer for Nero 7.

We had to fix a date and it´s not possible to make any exceptions.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    The Nero 7 upgrade serial number can be purchased in our webshop
    www.nero.com from 2nd of November.

Should you have any other request, please don't hesitate to contact us
    again.

Best regards,

Jasmina Post
    Webshop

Nero AG
    Im Stoeckmaedle 18
    76307 Karlsbad
    Germany
    Fax : ++49 (0)7248 928 499
    http://www.nero.com

so looks like that maybe they are.... going to do what they supose to do....finaly

---Bill---