1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oem to nero ultra 6 to nero 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by vmaxdad, Nov 5, 2005.

1. hopper393

hopper393 Member

Just wanted to let you know MY Nero web page just changed to approved ....email serial on the 10th......

just an old highway tramp
    ---Bill---

2. don259

don259 Member

Reference the upgrade for Nero 7. if you hav already Register your version of nero 6. Log-in using the username and pasword you created during the registration setup. you will have a message telling you when you will recieve your serial number for Nero 7. In my case I was told 10 Nov 05. Checked today and it was there. Copy and pasted the serial number. Nero 7 Demo is now Nero 7 Ultra. You should also get an e-mail with the serial number. I also sent them a e-mail as most of you have requesting the serial number and 24 hours later, the 10 Nov date was there. It worked for me. Good Luck.

3. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

the upgrade is no longer free im sorry to say

due to hackers using illegal versions of nero 7 with illegal keys you are now required to pay for the update

4. hopper393

hopper393 Member

okay but your not quit clear....and I recieved an email today saying that my upgrade to ultra for an oem version and I will get my serial on the 10th.......would you explain a little better...as to weather what your talking about concerns the ones already approved or the ones that aren't....

---Bill---

5. ronmcd

ronmcd Member

My U/G serial number from nero 6.6 to 7.0 has appeared during this day Nov 9 (Eastern Australia). This takes the form of the number appearing on the user page (password protected). I inserted the number into SmartStart an all systems are go!
    It seems that the 10 th occurs earlier in Aus than in Germany.
    Ron

6. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

The reason it is telling you that it's $55.81 to upgrade is because you said you had an OEM version of Nero 6. You have to have bought Nero 6 between Sept.1-Oct.30 from a store which would make it a full retail version.If you have OEM then you cannot upgrade for free.

7. CruzDavid

CruzDavid Regular member

Dont upgrade it man nothing but problems. I had to go back to nero 6 because I couldnt deal with all the problems nero 7 was giving me.

8. vmaxdad

vmaxdad Member

Howdy all,
    I got an email today also saying I will get the serial number for Nero7 tomorrow. Sure wish there site made it easier to see what was going on and easier to get help online.

9. ronmcd

ronmcd Member

vmaxdad
    You are absolutely right. My "Free UG" worked like a charm. However the method of claiming it (no doubt driven by the interest that hackers take in providing Nero etc free even before the release of the final retail build.
    Ron

10. hopper393

hopper393 Member

Hey if you will go to My nero and check ....you might find your nero serial for the 7 already posted....just below your 6 number....
    got mine in and so far so good...already burned a couple with vision express 4 ....

Just an old highway tramp
    ---Bill---

11. vmaxdad

vmaxdad Member

Cool.... they came through..... quite a hassle but hopefully worth it.
    Peace

12. hopper393

hopper393 Member

Yea I know about the hassle...could have made things clearer and easyer huh...

take care and enjoy....kind of likeing mine

---Bill---

13. rnsmithad

rnsmithad Regular member

And I will jump in here also with the same complaint -- except I am finally up and running -- well, almost.

I went from an OEM version to Nero 6 Ultra Edition and just a few days ago, was able to download the upgrade to Nero 7 Ultra Edition (after fooling around on their site for probably 2 hours, at least).

But then the Nero 7 was a trial version. I emailed customer support (they never answer, just the automated response) and I emailed tech support about my problem. One of them must have worked, because a few days later (yesterday I believe), I got an email with a key -- but haven't tried using it yet.

Nero customer service is lousy, awful, worthless, and all the other superlatives you can think of. I emailed them a half dozen times before purchasing the Nero 6 upgrade from my OEM version, trying to confirm I would be eligible for the free upgrade to Nero 7. If it wasn't for my son's allegience to this program AND the existence of this forum, I probably would have given up. Their phone number doesn't/didn't work either.

Let me back up and re-state the above sentence -- I should have just said that "if it wasn't for the existence of this forum, I would not have chosen to purchase the Nero product", period.

Sorry, just ranting/venting -- don't much like those guys and the way they run things.

14. hopper393

hopper393 Member

For some reason I get the immpression that there email support will get a little better in future.....I know its been lousy in past...but i emailed one of the guys on the boards her on afterdawn...and have read quit a few of his threads....and seemslike he is trying to straighten things out...he even gave me a working phone number for the customer service dept...

now i have used my nero vision express and ran into a bug ..weather its my system or in the proggy...but when you go to add files...I have two hard drives and my down load folder from lime wire wouldnt open let me explain...add files...drop down on top...went to my G drive ..then highlight my share folder then click on open....wont open....but drag the share folder to the top drop down and the folder opens...and then will let me load the video file wanting to burn....

and I am sure going to find others too...as it is a new set up...but hope what i just explained to you gives you a head start on that bug ...if the same for you as me....

---Bill---

in my opion nero is one of the best for burnning....not sure about all the rest of tha added fluff ...havent explored scout yet ...but the home looks like might be nice...dont know yet