1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off Air Antenna Problems please HELP

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by mdr999, Mar 22, 2007.

1. mdr999

mdr999 Member

I have an off air antenna that was working fine for a while, then for no reason it stopped working, no signal. I checked all connections and they are fine. It now works at times and not at all other times. I have changed its direction and it had no effect. Please help me.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Do you have a converter connected to the antenna that may have failed. The connector converts 300 ohm to 75 ohm so it's compatible with a round cable not flat antenna wire. Normally an antenna can't fail. It's got to be the converter or the wire itself or the cable connectors (what you screw into TV or the Converter on roof) not making contact.

3. mdr999

mdr999 Member

Hmm, not sure. Not sure even how to test that. I guess I should change the coax wire first, based on what you said that may be the problem. will try that tomorrow. will post sfter. thanks!

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

At least before you change any wires check the connections at TV and antenna. May require someone to help, if you're on roof, to check signal.