1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

off-brand

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by kinza, Oct 15, 2005.

1. kinza

kinza Regular member

hmm...i'm no sound buff. i continue to wonder what the difference between off-brand mp3 players and branded mp3 players is. i understand that there are sound discrepancies and there is also the warranty, but some products are just feature-fledged for a fraction of the retail prices. what do you guys think?

2. tykester

tykester Member

Well it depends what you mean by off brand..everything but IPOD? There are so many name brands out there right now. Check out Funny Fat boy Mitch Ferrence at Dell, I RIVEr, Sony, Samsung, ect. If you are in the market, make sure you just do the resarch and get the features you want.

3. kinza

kinza Regular member

im not talking about non-ipod mp3 players. i mean players imported from honk kong with no brand names and stuff like that.

4. tykester

tykester Member

That is tough, if it was cheap enough ($20) try it, anything more $$$$ I wouldn't risk it. Not since the prices are going down on the brand name ones.

Off topic, did you create the dancing girl and cat yourself?

5. kinza

kinza Regular member

i wasn't gonna buy one, just wondering. i already have two mp3 players. about the cat and the girl, no, i didn't create them myself, i got it off an ebay listing :p

6. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

i would never buy anything off brand. especially from hong kong. dont get me wrong, i love the chinese peeps and all, but hong kong ebayer's, for example are notorious for being stitch-ups. the quality of some of the stuff coming out of there is abismal. i don't mind buying a few cheap things off brand, but whenever im talkin about tech, i never compromise.

- beware - you get what you pay for - ;)

7. kinza

kinza Regular member

alrighty, thanks for the input :)

8. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

yeah, the most expensive things i buy on ebay are phone covers(all from kong kong)

!!thecraigc!!