1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

rihgt682,how old are you if you dont mind me asking?

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Yo! adrian !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And next Rambo Goes to Pakistan and Kindaps Osama ! Returns to america Runs for President ! Marries The Gabor Triplets ! and Rides off into The sunset On the STuffed & mounted Carcass of Trigger !God I love Hollywood !!!!!!!!!! You just can't Make Stuff like this up anymore ? except for reality show scripts ! LOL! Oh well Back to the Matrix everyone ! CiaO!

3. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

We went & saw Zodiac over the w/end. A rather long film but it was well made etc. Has Robert Downey Jnr & Anthony Edwards in it (from ER) not a bad movie!

4. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

i saw 300 over the weekend, very good movie. lots of violence of course, but the real battle was bloody too, im sure. a very dramatic movie too. there is no fooling around either, there is really no lead in, the movie starts and almost immediately the fighting starts. but it was very good IMO. i would suggest to go see it.

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I heard that 300 was the first movie to have an entirely digitalized background; is that true?

6. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I told you guys 300 was freaking COOL!

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Have any of you guys seen "The Little Shop of Horrors" (the musical version) although the original was Jack Nicholson's first role. Its hysterical....about a man eating plant from outer space lol! The music is also awesome if you have a good sound system especially. Sure isn't your typical musical. If you haven't seen it, rent it. It's so silly and the music so good, I'm sure you'll love it.

8. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

There is not that many good movies coming out. Maby one good movie every 2-3 month. I remember back in the day it was like 3 good movie each month. Time has changed.

9. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

gerry1: The version that had Rick Moranis? I haven't seen that in over 18+ years but I can still remember the main song.

It resembled The Rocky Horror Picture Show,which I liked better.

10. hemby642

hemby642 Regular member

Me and my cous were goin to see 300 but i could not get in b/c im only 14 i could not even sneek in (they had a guy checking ID at the door) I was so pissed i could not get it. I guess I will have to wait till 300 comes out on DVD. Insted i went to see Wild Hogs and surprisingly it was plesently good. Martin Lawrence was hularious and Travolta was great. I recomend seeing it and tell me what yall think.

11. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

You do know there is other ways to go and see the 300.. ;)

12. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

300 ending sucks. everyone agrees

13. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

the whole film sucks

14. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

ive got a geeky friend who has been on about this film being great for ages, and now i have seen this for myself i think its crap. i seen sin city and thought that was pretty boring as well. :(

15. Bobby728

Bobby728 Member

Ghost Rider is the worst film i seen in a long time!!!!!
    Blood Diamond was a really great (TRUE) Film.Best i seen in a long time.The departed was a little disapointing.

The real hyped films aint as good the last few years.Ive noticed the better films,have been flying under the radar,and isnt promoted that much.Weird ha.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  16. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

True to form I often go against the grain when it comes to films - I loved 300 (even the ending) and thought Ghost Rider was pretty good. I basically take a film for what it is - no expectations. If I'm entertained then the film is at the very least good in my book :)

I thought 300 was visually stunning and like the 'bronzed tone' it was filmed with. The film conveyed very well what complete badasses the Spartans were and I liked how it didn't dally too much on the subplots. The comic focused heavily on the battle and the film stayed true to the comic which a always appreciate in comic adaptations.

I also liked Ghost Rider and got a big kick out of it. I'm a fan of the comic from way back and have a big pile of them at home so it was alot of fun to see him on film. As with the first Spiderman much of the film was used to set up characters and their history which means there wasn't as much action as I would've liked but hopefully like the Spiderman series it'll allow the following films to focus more on the good stuff :)

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I want to see 300 too; I hear the effects are awesome and that its the first film with a purely digitilized background. The Spartans were certainly a "badass" society who started training around the age of five and put males to death after puberty if they didn't meet expectations (at birth if handicapped)... a rather tough group. But I don't think it could have been all that true to history without pissing off a lot of people because the spartans were, shall we say, a very "male" society. Keep your eye out for the history channel's special on the spartans which is airing again now that this movie is playing. Its awesome. A serious bunch of badasses, albeit kinky badasses LOL!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2007
  18. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I would tap the queen.

19. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

She had tootsie-roll nipples! :D

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Saugmon...only just saw your post. Yes, I was talking about the one with Rick Moranis ... 18 years huh? Damn I'm getting old LOL! You thought it resembled the Rocky Horror Picture Show? I guess I'll have to see that again! You know, they still show that in Philly with everybody going in costume etc. even after all these years!