1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

watched Requiem For A Dream yesterday and it left me paralysed.its a very dark and surreal film about drugs and the various effects and consequences of them.everyone should see this film.

more details here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0180093/
    click the name for the trailer

2. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Went to see "Blades Of Glory" this afternoon, its a pretty funny movie, even my 17yr old enjoyed it!

3. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

really?i saw the trailer and it looked crap so i gave it a miss.
    ive never really enjoyed Will Ferrell in anything come to think of it.Ben Stiller is much better at that type of comedy than him.
    that other guy was good in Napoleon Dynamite though.
    is it really any good?

i watched Mulholland Drive earlier for the first time.ive had it for such a long time and never gotten round to watching it.i need to be in the right mood to watch a David Lynch film.man,it was a freakshow.i didn't understand it at all.strangely though,it was really good...and i have no idea why
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0166924/

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  4. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

has any of you seen a film called benchwarmers with rob schneider or however you spell his name. that film is really funny and hes got really good actor.

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I don't like Will Ferrell much either but I've seen some snippets of Blades of Glory that were pretty funny, still, I think I'm going to pass.

I know its not a movie but has anyone been watching the mini-series "The Tudors"? Jonathan Ryce Myers is a better actor than I previously thought. (He plays a young Henry VIII). It really is quite good but what I don't like about those series is that fact that you can't watch it all at once but have to wait for the next installment; a good way to get ratings, I guess. They had this outtake where Myers was doing his Elvis role while dressed as Henry VIII; it was quite funny.

6. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

just watched Last Days which is a film by Gus Van Sant about the last days of Kurt Cobains life.his breakdown and his eventual death.it was fantastic.it had a great soundtrack as well.i did a little research and the songs are from the guy who plays Cobain in the film whos in a band called Pagoda.i'm definitely going to check out some of their stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403217/

7. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

[​IMG]

For those who haven't see 300, see it! It is a bad ass movie!

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Shooter kicks butt to!!!

9. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I'll check out shooter when it comes out on dvd. I can't afford $8 ticket at this moment. Movie NEXT sounds good.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  10. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

$8... Lucky, it is $9.50 here in Seattle!

11. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

$9.50!!!!!! who would watch movie there???? Unless it's Imax.

12. mightyed8

mightyed8 Member

$9.50 isn't really that bad. i mean you don't go to a theater everyday and usually they have some nice seating... TMNT was a good movie. I thought that it was going to be a lot worse than what it was

13. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

It is regal. It is the closest theater near me. I am actually in Redmond Wa(M$)

It makes for an expensive night! 20 bucks for the movie 30-35 bucks for dinner, 10 bucks for ice cream.

14. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

taking a girl out must cost a lot!!! Do you work at microsoft?

15. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Hell, I'm 15! LOL! I do know several people who work for Microsoft, Intel, AMD, Apple...

16. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

sorry i didn't know you were 15. Does your dad work at microsoft? Because why would you live in redmond if it wasn't for microsoft?

17. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Blades Of Glory is similar in humour to Anchorman so if u like that one you should like Blades. Personally I liked Blades better but each to there own.

Wento to the movies yesterday & saw "The Reaping"http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1809233452&cf=info which I must say was pretty good. Definately an 8/10 movie,its keeps u guessing right up to the end.

Also watched this Denzel Washington movie http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809275011/info talk abou confusing, not dissiminlar to the matrix, this movie kinda sucks.

18. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Blades Of Glory is similar in humour to Anchorman so if u like that one you should like Blades. Personally I liked Blades better but each to there own.

Wento to the movies yesterday & saw "The Reaping" http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1809233452&cf=info which I must say was pretty good. Definately an 8/10 movie,its keeps u guessing right up to the end.

Also watched this Denzel Washington movie http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809275011/info talk abou confusing, not dissiminlar to the matrix, this movie kinda sucks.

19. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Nope. He works at a Mill, he is the Chief Engineer their. Redmond isn't Just M$ there are several Mills in the area, hat employ more than 60% of the town.

20. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I just saw summer movie trailers. The simpson movie looks funny as he$l.