1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

I can't wait for die hard 4. thats gona be the best film of the year for me, im a Willis fan forever!!!

2. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

watched smoking aces. It sucked

3. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

i want to see the movie with dane cook in it. good luck chuck looks freaking sweet.

4. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

5. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

Disturbia? ugh.no thanks.ill stick to Rear Window,the film that Disturbia rips off.

Fractured looks good though.

6. capnJayd

capnJayd Member

Anyone seen Idiocracy? I loved it, and after watching it, felt somewhat dejected, because I can see the future turning out a lot more like that than what we normally see in sci-fi (people becoming more intelligent). Also, I felt that stupid people will be offended by it.

Oh, and has anyone seen Shortbus? It's an...interesting flick. Defintely NOT for conservatives...or, in fact, closed-minded liberals...but it was a good movie, with a good storyline

idiocracy - http://imdb.com/title/tt0387808/
    shortbus - http://imdb.com/title/tt0367027/

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  7. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

This is spartan!!!!!!!!!! Sorry still didn't get over movie 300. Spider man 3 less than a month. Suppose to be the best one.

8. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

i loved Idiocracy.it was interesting looking at the possibility of people getting stupider rather than more intelligent like most sci-fi films do as you say.

i doubt stupid people would be offended though.stupid people usually don't know that they're stupid :p

9. capnJayd

capnJayd Member

Good point, 97. And Luke Wilson was awesome in it, as was Dax Shepard. Has anyone seen Lets Go To Prison?

10. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

10 days till next

11. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

im not usually a fan of Nicholas Cage, but Next looks quite good. Even though i don't like him, he has been in some really good films such as The Rock, and, Face Off. I didn't see Ghost Rider, but i heard it was crap, so i didn't watch it.

12. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Who's watching spider man 3 at the movies? This is the part he turns evil.

13. capnJayd

capnJayd Member

He doesn't turn evil. The suit is a symbiote that fuels his more primal nature. But yes, I will be seeing it on the day it comes out. And if that's not geeky enough, I will be seeing it with my computer club. Whee...

14. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

yes i will be seeing spiderman 3 quite soon after the release. the date for uk rls is 4 may, what is the date in america?
    also do you really belong to a computer club and let me guess you live in america because they don't do them sort of things in england.

15. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

may 4 in the U.S also. I can't belive shrek 3 is coming out.

16. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Hello all. So what did you guys think about The Reaping? I thought the twist at the end was nice.

17. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Thought thaat the reaping was pretty cool, can't say that I expected the twist at the end though, which maade it all the better. It will be interesting to see if they make a sequal as it sort of left it that they could (will not give away any more!!)

Went today to see Fracture http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809417118/info which as I expected was damm good!! Nice to see Rosumund Pike again, I was watching the movie and could not remember what I had seen her in but it was James Bond" Die Another Day, she was a babe then & still is! She played Miranda Frost http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1807812168/info

18. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

19. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Just got Back from Disterbia! It is a kick ass movie. All I can say is I am now officially broke! LOL!

20. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

LOL. I gotta check that movie out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!