1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

wow.This Is England was superb.i think thats the first time ive ever watched a film and known instantly that in 20 years time its gonna be considered a classic.in fact,it captured the 80's so perfectly that i felt like i was watching a classic from the 80's rather than a future classic set in the 80s.

go see it.its brilliant

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  2. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

heard spider man 3 was good.

3. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Went to see a new movie Lucky You that has Drew Barrymore in it. Its about her "relationship" with a pro poker player. Well it looked good in the previews but was a bit of a let down. There was a lot of poker playing scenes and bearing in mind I neither now how or understand the game much of these scenes were meaningless. It was a shame really as we were both expecting a real nice movie like "Music & Lyrics" so a bit of a let down really.

4. pstamer

pstamer Guest

I happened to be one of the priveledged to receive a pass to a private screening for Spiderman 3. I thought it was a great movie. The fact that I saw it in Imax was even sweeter. The special effects are amazing, great plot twist, insane action. What more could one want?

5. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

6. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

ive heard too many bad things about Spiderman 3 to bother watching it at all.time to boycott the series i think.

7. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Spider man 3 was the best one.

8. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

i doubt that very much

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  9. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

No one can decide movies for you. Just cause everyone says the movie is good doesn't mean you'll like the movie. Just because everyone says movie suck doesn't mean it'll suck for you. So be a loser and listen to other people. I like to make my own judgement and in my opinion it was better than 1,2.

10. pstamer

pstamer Guest

I must say that I found 3 to be the best in the series. I really think part 3 was geared towards the fans this time around. Can't wait for the next one.

11. 88craze

88craze Member

Just thought I'd try this thread out and see how it goes.
    Put out a movie line and someone has to reply with movie it came from.
    Kickin it off...

"You know Matty? I hung out with him last night. This guy's the tits!"

while you're at it, why not guess the movie line in my signature.

-ass.

12. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

@ rihgt682

i have no time for films that get critically panned and are hated by people whos opinions on film i trust.theres never a guarantee that i'll hate them,but its not very likely that i won't.i'm not gonna watch a bunch of films on the off chance that i might.the world doesn't revolve around whats being released that week.theres more films out there to enjoy than anyone can possibly watch in a lifetime.i'm not missing out by not watching any one film coming out that i might well have enjoyed.theres always something else to watch instead.it just doesn't matter.so i'll continue to be a loser and watch things that recieve praise or are recommended to me by people whos opinions i value resulting in me being satisfied 9 times out of 10 and you can continue to do the comendable thing and be disappointed half the time by watching anything and everything despite its reception

i watched Dancer In The Dark the other day.a beautiful film and a stunning performance from Bjork http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0168629/

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  13. ZeroHour

ZeroHour Guest

spiderman 3 was bad thank god half way through the power went out in the theatre. i want to take my date to bug on tuesday.

14. mikec32

mikec32 Guest

Dont trust anyones opinion try it for yourself as their are a lot of great films out there hat get a thumbs down by critics or people because they dont like the genre of film or the director or actors in a film so they form a biased opinion and pass that opinion on to the unsuspecting punter who will almost stay away from the cinema.

In the UK we have a programme called Film 2007 and the presenter Jonathon Ross and before him Barry Norman would either slate a film or say a film is superb and yet on many occassions I had to disagree wih them and thier taste just like a reviewer in a magazine they are usually biased, so go watch a film regardless of what people say and you may enjoy it.

15. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

Went and saw pirates of the carribean last night. was a good movie, i little long, almost three hours, but still good. lots of fighting and things blowing up, and lots going on in the movie too. i would highly recomend it for those who like the series, and anyone else for that matter.

16. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Polyarny...how have you been buddy? I'll definitely check it out. I've only seen the first but I really got a laugh out of it.

17. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

ive been good gerry, bout you. yeah i would definately check it out, its funny too.

18. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Hello all. I watched 28 Weeks Later and I must say that it's lightyears better than its predecessor. Check it out; you won't be disappointed. Btw I liked Spiderman 3; it had some killer fx. Laters.

19. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

20. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

yeah,they showed the trailer to Knocked Up before the showing of Magicans.it looked good.Magicians i didnt like.but i was really drunk so i might give it another watch.

i watched Belle De Jour yesterday.i really enjoyed it.

oh and i saw In The Mood For Love a few days ago.great film.its the film that inspired Lost In Translation which i also love.