1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Went and saw Knocked Up & as expected its a pretty funny movie, it would be a good movie for a teen to go & see as it does show the seriousness etc of the whole thing, highly recomended!

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Wow, just got done watching "The Hills Have Eyes"

Not amazingly scary but a nice way to spend the afternoon.

I was having thoughts about the possibilities of that movie. What if some wicked bad ass was there instead of the main characters? It would be cool to see the Jupiter Clan on the receiving end of the nightmare.

Opening lines:

Badass: You guys picked the wrong man to hunt. You'll get no rush out of me.

Lizard(totally out of character): You don't understand, we're not killin' for the thrill. It's for the pleasure

Badass: No, you don't understand. I'm giving you till the count of three to get as far away as possible before I get up. I'm going to make every second you live a second you will want to die. You will PRAY for the sweet release of death. Compared to me, even your darkest nightmares will be a sanctuary.

Totally cool torture sequence that leaves Lizard a raw skinless lump of meat. You can hear his rasps and gurgles as he dangles from a meat hook by his jaw.

(I'm kinda twisted)

I figured to get some flavor in this sparse thread.

3. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Was this the original or the recent follow up?

4. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

The more recent one(2005 I believe)

It was cool. But I heard the original is way better.

5. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

I did not think that either were "bad" movies BUT I must say that I was expecting "more" than I got from the original. It was supposed to be SO BAD and I would not say that it was not any more gory than many of the movies I have seen (Zombies, Dawn Of The Dead) for example. It will be interesting to see if another comes out!

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I'm watching an old movie called "War Games"; it's really a dumb movie. I don't know why I get suck a kick out it. Perhaps it reminds me of me lol!

7. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

"Lets play global thermonuclear war" I remember that one!!

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

An old and really stupid movie, but I always get a kick out of it!

9. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Kinda makes an interesting point though!

10. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

just watched norbit....it was allright pretty funny but i wouldnt buy it...i would rent or borrow from friend maybe

11. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Saw Mr Brooks on Saturday was not a bad movie, was quite clever, don't expect a great deal of action but it was pretty good,it will be interesting to see if they make a sequal.

Saw Oceans 13 the next day that was a good movie, have not seen the other two (yet!).

12. tennisboy

tennisboy Guest

my favorite movie is definitly battle royale an asian movie about 42 kids put on an island to kill each other try to find it and watch it.

13. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

Battle Royale is great.love that film.have you seen Chan Wook Park's trilogy? Sympathy For Mr Vengeance,Oldboy and Sympathy For Lady Vengeance.if Battle Royale is your favourite film,you'd really dig them

14. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

15. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

live free or die hard was great, as was 1408 and disturbia...highly recommended.

16. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

watched 4 good movies this weekend

Shooter
    Pride
    Black Snake Moan
    Dead Silence

all great

Black Snake Moan was outstanding

17. DrKePhRiM

DrKePhRiM Member

I liked Live Free or Die Hard too. I liked the whole computer hacker theme.

Any one seen transformers?

18. GaMeZrUlE

GaMeZrUlE Guest

Transformers was THE $#!T. I watched lock,stock and two smoking barrels, transformers, freedom writers and shooter and they are were phenomenal

19. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

Transformers was an awesome movie, they did the story justice, they didnt screw up the movie like they do so many other older cartoons/comics. cant wait to go see it again.

20. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

also went to see harry potter when it came out last week. twasnt a bad movie, but they left out some of the parts that were more fun in the book.