1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

trans. was a good movie had some corny lines but its what brought comedy to the movie hope to see it again and again hope for a prt2

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2007
  3. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

ive been meaning to get that for a while but ive been holding off because i heard that all the current releases are of poor quality.is that true?

the same thing happened with Blue Velvet then a decent release came out so it might be worth me waiting

4. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2007
  5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Polyarny...how are you, my young and frequently absent friend?

I'm watching "The Fifth Element" for the tenth or so time. Willis is o.k. but that black guy who plays the talk show host always makes me laugh and I love the voice of that blue opera singer LOL!

6. kateezoo

kateezoo Guest

i just watched Love Actually with Hugh Grant..its very very good! really cute.

7. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

yeah i figured as much.still,plenty more Lynch to enjoy in the meantime.Inland Empire is getting released soon and i still haven't seen Straight Story,Elephant Man or Twin Peaks (tv show AND film).

Wild At Heart is great.love that film.

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

have you seen his new film Zodiac?

9. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

Zodiac is David Fincher not David Lynch.hes the dude that did Fight Club and Se7en.no i havent seen it yet but ive heard good things.im waiting for DVD for it

10. schizo9

schizo9 Guest

Anyone here is excited to see this movie High School Musical 2? The movie is due to premiere this August 17th on the Disney channel. Just bought a copy of tv guide there on the cover!

[​IMG]

Any tv guide reader here too?

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

97bullock, this is why Mulholland Drive is poor quality it was
    shot on a handheld Sony PD150 digital video recorder

12. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

oo you so funny..ha ha ha..
    ehm.......your kidding right???
    anyway, this might be old news but , its been confirmed .....voltron, thor and he-man movies are in the works.........
    http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist/08-14-07_4

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

97bullock, looks like Inland Empire got pushed up till the 28th of this month

14. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Saw rush hour 3 the other day... hilarious :)

15. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

yeah i heard something about that but wasn't too sure.i think Inland Empire was shot with a handheld camcorder as well if i remember right.to be fair though,Mulholland does look great if you take that into consideration.at least comared to the early Blue Velvet prints.

Inland has been moved back AGAIN? grrr.im sick of waiting.its like they dont want me to see it.have you been waiting on it as well?

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yes i have , i called the video store three times this week being it was suppose to be there Tues. then the manager informed me that it was pushed back till the 28th i was disappointed to say the least

17. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

18. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

it didnt get held back.its now officially out.just ordered mine from PLAY http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3229343/Inland-Empire/Product.html

woot!

either the manager was lying,its been changed back again at the last minute or the video store you use isnt stocking it or able to get hold of any copies until the 28th for some reason.give them a ring back

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

great they will probably have it today then

20. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

any luck?

i saw a film called Naked today.its a British film from 1993 with David Thewlis (the guy who plays Professor Lupin in the Harry Potter films) in his first big role and its basically two hours of him going on a big rant about the meaning of life and the like.really funny film but dark and gritty at the same time and with some real food for thought as well.i enjoyed it a lot.

you get a good idea of the random ramblings from the trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WdAPqhnzwQ