1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

i was going to recommend requium for a dream but you already saw that one. that is the best in my opinion. followed by trainspotting. SPUN was okay from what i remember, its been a long time since i seen that one tho, dont remember it so much. cant think of any others right now that you didnt already mention.

2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

thats cool.no biggie.i just put it out there just in case you were able to turn me onto a bunch more i hadn't seen.Spun ive heard a bit about but never gotten around to seeing.i'll check it out.cheers

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I've only just now seen "300" and I was really disappointed. The digitalization was cool as was the sound but why go to all the trouble of changing everthing we know about the Spartans when that entire society was just so out there that the real thing is way stranger and wilder than the fiction they came up with. If you ever want your jaw to drop in disbelief, find a little summary of what the Trojans were really like! They were certainly one hell of an ordered and efficient society but not before or since has there been a society so strange and so wild! ...and "kinkier" that anyone could ever dream up on their own! I really didn't like it for that reason.

4. BrksRawrr

BrksRawrr Guest

the guardian was pretty good.
    Ashton Kutcher wasnt too bad in it.

5. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

just blind bought Deconstructing Harry from Woody Allen.AMAZING film.its very similar to Adaptation in ways.its a character study of a writer who gets tangled up in his semi-autobiographical novels.i get the sense that the actual script is semi-autobiographical of Allens life as well.this is up there with Annie Hall and Manhattan as one of Allens best.i absolutely loved it

also saw Finchers new flick Zodiac.brilliant.even better than Se7en.it was weird because it was a serial killer film that wasn't about the serial killer.it really focused on the detectives and the clues and the procedures.really puts you in the place of the detective.great way to do a film.

6. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

The last movie I saw was "Superbad." It was funny, but definitely not wholesome. It was pretty vulgar; not a film you'd want to go take your kids to.

7. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

can't wait to see that one.40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up was great.it should be good

8. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

American Gangster was excellent...the fact that it was based on complete truth makes it even better

9. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

finally got round to watching Platoon today. can't believe how long it took me.now i wish i hadn't bothered at all.it was terrible.whats with all these crap war films becoming so acclaimed and being considered classics? first Deer Hunter,now this

10. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Have you seen Band of Brothers? It was pretty good...

11. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

MR. Brooks was great!!

12. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

no thats actually been on my to-see list for ages since people keep saying how good it is.i'll get around to it eventually

13. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Don't waste your money on "Goodluck Chuck." It was garbage!

14. rav009

rav009 Active member

If that's what you think, I'll see it ASAP.

How many decent gangster films have there been lately?

*Waits for someone to mention the 50 cent film and pmsl*

15. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Just got through watching "Deja Vu." It was pretty good!

16. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

MARK WAHLBERG's set to play MAX PAYNE................personally, im a lil outraged but i've been wrong b4..

17. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

o yeah...and am i the only one thinking johnny knoxville kinda looks like max payne (from the 1st game, not 2nd)...??

18. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

Wahlberg as Max Payne? LOL.sounds like a car crash waiting to happen.there was another Max Payne film in the making a while back and there was a trailer released for it mid-production.not my kind of thing but it looked pretty promising.kinda like Sin City if Cronenberg had directed.i haven't heard anything since though so it may have been cancelled.

watched a few films this past week...

The Constant Gardener.it was very good.great performances,beautifully shot and a very intelligent script (though the credit for that goes to the book).i was expecting it to cop out at the end but luckily it didnt.

The Simpsons Movie.had a few laughs but it was pretty bad overall

Once.lovely little Irish film thats just come out about a struggling musician who is recovering from a break-up who happens to meet a girl who has similar problems and they develop an odd sort of friendship and it goes from there.most of the narration is then told through song.a nice little twist on the genre.a musical thats bearable to watch.who knew?

also rewatched After The Wedding and its still the best film ive seen all year.brilliant.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  19. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

talking of MARK WAHLBERG i watched The Departed for about the fourth time this pass weekend lol. kickass movie

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  20. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

The Departed is an excellent movie and I love Walbergs foul mouthed character. Just watched Mr. Brooks the other night and thought it was excellent. I'm not a Costner fan by a longshot, but I really liked him as a serial killer.

@97bullock

Your sig is over 50 kb, you need to resize it ASAP.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007