1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

I just saw "The Bourne Ultimatum." It was great and packed with non-stop action down to the wire.

2. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

yea, the departed kinda blew me away........i was routing for damon the whole time.

3. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Just seen "Hitman" real good movie (& I have never played the game) it was kick ass, go see it if its yr kinda thing!!

4. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

really????
    the "critics" (whom i never heed to) really bashed it...
    i'll still watch nevertheless.....heck, i sat through the bloodrayne movie, this 1 couldn't be so bad......(too chilly 2 go out though)

5. rav009

rav009 Active member

Views on American Gangster, people?

6. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Not really my kind of movie but I have heard its supposed to be good. The next big one I want to see is "I Am Legend" with Will Smith that looks as if it could be a good one!

7. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

High probability of christian bale starring (as the connor kid) in next terminator movie..hopefully "governator" will make a cameo...http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist/11-27-07_4?gt1=7701

And, Cate blanchette (Elizabette) will starr as one 6 versions of Bob dylan..:0 http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=1750900

8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

American Gangster was excellent, Denzel delivered as did Crowe...as ruthless as Frank Lucas was in real life I expected the movie to be a little more "in your face", but it was still good without all the extra blood and guts.

9. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

just saw Superbad.Excellent film.Hysterical and brutally honest to the point where it almost becomes uncomfortable to watch in parts.The best teen film in a long time

Ive also been making my way through Wes Andersons flicks thanks to Bill Murray who I'm a huge fan of especially now that he's really come into his own as a serious actor.Rushmore,The Royal Tenenbaums and Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou were all brilliant.Can't wait for the new one,The Darjeeling Limited

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

97bullock and now it's too wide...

Superbad was excellent....throwback to the Porky's days.

11. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

Ahh forget it.I give up.I had a few uploaded to imageshack,some bigger than others (both filesize and width/length wise) and ive got them mixed up as to which is which.Sorry about that

Believe it or not i actually haven't seen any of the Porky's films.Shocking i know

Went to see the new Ian Curtis (lead singer of Joy Division) biopic Control today.It was very good.Sam Riley gave a good performance as Curtis.Samantha Morton,who plays his wife,almost stole the film from him though.She was fantastic.I was mesmerised by her.It managed to have some nice camerawork and black and white cinematography without being too arty thus affecting it's accessibility (ala Gus Van Sants Kurt Cobain biopic Last Days which is a VERY divisive film that usually renders a reaction of either "an absolutely beautiful and poetic portrayal" or "slow boring pointless crap")

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  12. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

97bullock. here use this one it within specs without quality lose.

[​IMG]

13. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

cheers ZosoIV

14. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

cool glad you like it

just watched "Superbad" its ok not great by any means

15. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Superbad was the most appropriately named movie of the decade....

16. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I'm going to watch The Golden Compass tomorrow. Hope it is as good as the book.

17. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Saw "I Am Legend" Will Smith's new movie which was kinda interesting!! Some wonderful CGI's of Manhatten, anyone else seen it?

18. Crazygame

Crazygame Guest

Haven't seen "I Am Legend" yet...but is anyone a fan of the "Saw" movies...I watched part 1,2,and 3 the other day. I saw part 4 in the theaters when it came out...it was so so. I think they tried to make it TOO much of a puzzle. but anyways my favorite one was part 1 and 3. 2 wasn't that good.

19. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

Yeah I saw I am legend. It's ok. Another remake. At least it wasn't changed to much. I still liked the first remake better, The Omega Man.

20. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I have a question about "I am Legend" what was that liquid that he was spraying onto his steps and jacket and what does it do? and how did "FRED" get to that location and set a trap? was it the "Dark Stalkers or wlakers" that set the trap?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008