1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I think the liquid he poured on the steps was something like ammonia. Something to kill his scent so the Dark Stalkers couldn't track him. The Dark Stalkers probably set the trap with Fred. Some of them may still have been capable of intelligent actions. The Robert Neville in the book figured this out.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY disappointed with AVP Requiem. They did the same stupid thing as the first AVP by spending an obnoxious amount of time with stupid subplots about people. This one had a bunch of retarded Nickelodeonesque teenager love triangle crap that had zero to do with Aliens or Predators. The only thing I want to see people doing in these movies is DIE! What Alien/Predator action there was was pretty good but there were pitifully few scenes of that nature. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put all the people subplots in this movie should be drug out and shot.

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Well thanks for spoiling it for me, now I won't bother...LOL

It is a shame as the Alien movies are my favorite in the horror genre and Predator ranks pretty high too.

The Invasion was very good IMHO. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. A must see if you like the "bodysnatchers" type of thing.

4. Nephilim

I luv you Loco. Kissy kissy!

5. LOCOENG

Smooches back atcha

6. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Has anyone seen no country for old men? I don't quite get the ending. So the wife is dead, and the police is retired, and is the guy with money alive or what?

7. LOCOENG

Life goes on....except for those that are dead, is the way I saw it.

Excellent movie BTW.

8. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I thought the killer was still going after him? I didn't think the movie was great at all.

EDIT: i just watched blade runner for the first time beucase it was 8 out of 10 at IMDB. It wasn't good at all. Maby that movie should just stay in the 80s

I watched statdust yesterday with my famiy. Really a great family film. I enjoyed it quite well.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  9. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

i was not a fan of saw 4, they tried to hard to give it the same twisted ending as the others that it really didnt make too much sense.
    and i am legend was okay, the trailer makes it look so much better than it really was though, needed more action and more interaction with the mutants, i thought....and i think it was the leader of the mutant night walker things that set up the trap, he seemed to begin to evolve and learn over the time, from what i gathered from the movie...
    i really liked juno, i love dry humor, and she did a great job....
    and the brave one is worth checking out if your into vigilante movies, i love them, i hate jodi foster but she actually pulled this one off very well... death sentence was another decent vigilante movie. not a big fan of kevin bacon tho...
    i just got gone baby gone, gonna watch it tonight looks really good.

10. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

anyone seen we own the night yet? saw in the shrink forum that someone there was a big fan, i have it at home but havent watched it yet...i hate mark wallberg, hes a horrible actor who acts the exact same in every movie, kinda like keanu reaves, but i like phoenix...so it could go either way for me

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

went and seen untraceable last weekend. now that was a wild movie. made me actually think of this site to be honest...lol thats all im gonna say about itnot gonna ruin anything.

Juno was a cool movie too. she should win all the awards this year hands down...

Neph....good to see you again.
    your right they made AVP so it could be shown on Nick at night...lol
    my 9yo loved it...lol

12. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

i really wanted to see untracable last weekend, but the friends didnt... planning to see it next weekend it looks really good, and i really like diane lane

13. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

juno was boring movie, not even laugh once, i guess if you think some loser high school girl thinking she's cool or something go watch it. but i wouldn't waste my time on it.

14. Nephilim

Good to see you too cincyrob!

15. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

gone baby gone was excellent! a few good twists...
    did anyone watch cloverfield yet? it was okay, i would had liked it a lot more i think if it hadnt made me so sick!! the camera movement with everything else moving in the film, did not mix well with me...nothing for your eyes to focus one, i had to cover my eyes for half of the movie just so wouldnt get sick! a few pre-movie drinks~ not a good idea for this one...

16. Nephilim

I watched "Smokin' Aces" a couple weeks back and loved it. I think that was Jason Bateman's best performance ever.

I also picked up the three disc special edition of Park Chan Wook's "Oldboy" which is one of the best taboo-pushing, twisted and thoroughly enjoyable flicks I've seen in ages. The hallway fight with the hammer is simply the best!!!!

17. Rustbuket

Rustbuket Member

The jerky cam motions in Cloverfield weren't as bad as all that but just when the movie was FINALLY getting good.. It ended.. Wish they would have added an ending to it!!
    Just saw 30 Days and Nights Pretty ok i guess.. Another disappointment for me was AVP Requiem I agree with the guy who said it had too much human BS stuff that nothing to do with Aliens or Predators.. Now Hitman, Was pretty darn good if you ask me!

18. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

@ Neph

Yeah Oldboy is friggin' awesome.Have you seen the other 2 in the trilogy?

Not quite sure what to make of No Country For Old Men.I'll need to watch it again i think.The tension is intense though.I was digging my fingernails into my leg until it hurt.

19. rav009

rav009 Active member

boosbaby, I am Legend was far from OK. Adding gaudy mutants and action wouldn't solve its problems, the story did have depth; but was far too rushed and Hollywoody. A poor film, in my opinion. :-(

I'm going to see Cloverfield soon, not expecting it to live up to the viral marketing circulation, but am always up for seeing experiments in audience manipulation. Should be fun!

20. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

do not watch meet the spartan. I sure wish i didn't