1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Bullock97,

I've seen the other two and enjoyed them very much but neither of them, I felt, were as good as Oldboy :)

2. aldan

aldan Active member

the bucket list with morgan freeman and jack nicholson.i was ready for a movie like this.if sean hayes doesnt get a best supporting actor nomination for this something is wrong with the system.

3. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

Yeah Oldboy left the biggest mark on me as well.I didn't care for Mr Vengeance too much.Perhaps because i'd seen Oldboy first so the pace seemed really slow.I'll probably revisit it someday though.I LOVE Lady Vengeance though.But yeah Oldboy is probably my favourite too.

Saw Juno yesterday which was very annoying at first with all that stupid hipster talk and then it settled down after a while and i was enjoying it until they started to lay on the pop-culture references a bit too hard.The music discussions and horror film discussions worked well and they should have kept it like that if they were so desperate to reference everything under the sun but then they got so forced.I cringed at the Spinal Tap reference.Great ending though and a good performance from Ellen Page.A nice little story overall.It won best screenplay at the Baftas last night though and is nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars.WHAT?? These award shows love to overhype these nice little indie films don't they? *cough*Little Miss Sunshine*cough*

4. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Anyone else here agree with me that the last 30 mins of 3:10 to Yuma was pretty damn lame?

Thank god for those Redbox DVD rentals, as the movie was only a dollar.

5. rav009

rav009 Active member

Had anyone reviewed There Will Be Blood or No Country For Old Men?

6. Rustbuket

Rustbuket Member

3:10 to Yuma wasn't too bad and I got it from RedBox also. For a buck it's alright. RedBox needs to shuffle out what i've seen and bring in some that i haven't seen yet lol. for awhile i was bringing home 3 movies a night! Ran out of good titles now. Blockbuster can kiss my a$$!

7. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea, Redbox is a pretty cool rental service. They just updated the FW on the boxes in my town and they now offer the option to buy used DVD's.

8. Rustbuket

Rustbuket Member

Been like that for months here, $7.00 to buy. Have you ever seen the redbox screen while someone online is updating the settings in it? The program it has in it is complex as hell and the online guy doing it was moving the mouse from box to box, changing values of settings and stuff. Then he finished, the redbox displayed the boot screen and said to wait or sing a tune while the machine was warming up.. lol 3 or 4 minutes later the main screen was up and i could return my dvd.. Pretty interesting stuff but my wife was unimpressed lol.

I wanted to add, Be careful renting older movies because i've got a couple that were so scratched up that they wouldnt even play.. Re-Rented Rattatoulie and it was unplayable, Called redbox and told them and the girl quickly emailed me codes for 3 free rentals.. Pretty cool of them!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  9. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea, if they are HP systems he was probably iLO'd in - basically the same as Virtual Desktop. Yea, I don't think I'd ever purchase a movie from Redbox, unless they were going for 2-4 bucks. I've rented several movies from there that were scratched to hell, wouldn't even play, I can't imagine how bad the used movies are!

10. Nephilim

You got that right!

11. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Hi pookie!

12. Nephilim

Hi there cupcake :D

13. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

i thought 3:10 to yuma was extremely boring! but im not a fan of western type films either...

14. Rustbuket

Rustbuket Member

Anybody into Zombie Movies? Flight of the Living Dead, The title says it all, Zombies on a plane.. I've been on a horror movie mood for a couple of weeks. I have but haven't watched yet Land of the Dead, Also have the Re-Animator Trilogy still to watch..

15. rav009

rav009 Active member

Not really, Rustbucket, but to be fair I haven't seen many.

In other news: will try to watch No Country For Old Men today.

16. LOCOENG

Excellent movie, one of my recent favorites.

One of the best quotes from the movie...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Across the Universe Best movie I've done this year. Musical at that Nothing but Beatles songs and if you're a Baby boomer this is your life.

18. LOCOENG

Love the Beatles, may have to watch that one.

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Loco you'll enjoy the movie. Watch it with your wife she will too. I'm going to buy sound track today. Lot of sneaky references in the movie to Beatle's songs. Almost convinced Paul's in one of bar scene near the very end.

20. Session9

Session9 Member

Just finished watching Dirty Dancing again...loves it...

Watched my favourite movie again last night too, The Boondock Saints.

And has anyone seen Dead & Breakfast? Sorry if it's been mentioned in this thread before now, I didn't want to read that many pages of replies.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0350774/

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008