1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

lol, Dirty Dancing, man that's an old one! Totally 80's! I almost died laughing when I saw that they released it on Blu-ray. I guess people can't get enough of it.

2. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Session9

Boondock Saints is my alltime favorite flick...i have most of it memorized!

I freakin' love that movie. When i first joined aD, part of their prayer was my sig!

3. Session9

Session9 Member

Yes! Someone else who loves the Saints! Most people have never heard of it, but I can't wait until they bring out the second one..

Dirty Dancing's a classic!

Watched Hocus Pocus last night too teehee...stupid movie

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

30 Days of Night was pretty good if you like vampire flicks...excellent idea.

5. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

I'll take your word for it LOCOENG. I'll snag it this weekend.

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

aanyone watched Poor Boys Game ?

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I started on "skinwalkers" yesterday and made 20 mins before watching something else. I have "30days of night" and will watch that tonite, Loco.

8. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Err, it was alright. Like you said, if you're into vampire flicks, this may be the movie for you.

It had a cheezy ending I thought. But then again, almost every movie that has come out in the last three months has had a cheezy ending in my book.

9. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I enjoyed the hell out of this one. Granted, Hollywood has seemingly long forgotten the art of a decent ending. But the rest of the movie was great.

10. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea, don't get me wrong, I did like the movie. The premise behind the movie was great. A bunch of people stuck in some little Alaskan town, with NO CELL PHONES, hiding from blood thirsty vampies, was just a classic idea.

Like I said, I just didn't care for the ending.

I'm going to be watching Michael Clayton tonight, anyone have any thoughts on that?

11. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

I finally picked up Michael Clayton. I'm watching it tonight...

12. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea, I got it last night as well. I had been to the bar with my girlfriend and a couple friends so by the time we made it home, well, I wasn't really capable of watching it. I got a little lost in the movie, I'm definitely watching it again - this time a little more sober! :)

13. quene63

quene63 Guest

Juno...soooo good! <3 the soundtrack too

14. Session9

Session9 Member

Major Payne!

I saw Juno a while ago at the cinemas, found it funny, but just like 30 Days Of Night I thought the ending wasn't the best.

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah the end of 30 days of night was pretty lame.

16. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I watched Juno the other day after work and thought it was pretty good. I also agree the ending was lacking a bit, I'd like to have seen where Jason Bateman's character ended up. Same goes for the 30 days of Night ending, but the rest was entertaining enough that it didn't bother me too much.

17. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

As I've said before, I'm sick of all these movies coming out of Hollywood these days with their terrible endings.

On that note...

If you're like me, you either hated I Am Legend or you loved it. I thought the movie was awesome! But, I hated the ending. What kind of cop out shit was that? He could have still tried to save everyone without doing what he did(don't want to spoil it if you have yet to see it)!

Anyways, I've been awaiting the release of I Am Legend on HD DVD, which is suppose to drop on April 08. It's suppose to have a Alternative Theatrical Version with a Controversial Ending and I can't wait to see what happens!!

[​IMG]

What do you think?

18. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Micheal Clayton.... great movie and the ending was well thought out!! Bravo...Bravo!!

19. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I second that...Clayton was a good film. I'm not a huge Clooney fan, unless he's offing vampires after robbing gas stations...but that was a really good movie.

I'm sure they'll ruin I am Legend...a literary classic in my opinion.

20. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea, it was originally a book, am I correct 7th?

Have you not seen it yet? I liked it, just not the ending.

Oh man, Robert Kurtzman and Quentin Tarantino's From Dusk Till Dawn, has to be one of the best movies ever made!! You just don't get quality movies like that anymore. MMM, can anyone say Salma Hayek? Wow, what a great scene! Cheech Marin's introduction of the whore house/bar was just awesome!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2008