1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

White haired hunter - you mean Samuel L!

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yup! A friend saw them filming the scene near his house. They were there for two days getting that scene shot.

3. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Right on, that's cool. I'll need to go back and watch that scene again, but it seemed like it was all CGI. So that was actually filmed on location? Where at?

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Port Vincent, Louisiana a sleepy little community 10 mi SSE of Baton Rouge on the Amite River which enters Lake Maurepas that ultimately enters Lake Pontchartrain and the Gulf. Pontchartrain did in New Orleans during Katrina. LaSalle explored up the Amite to finally enter the Mississippi River just south of Baton Rouge. Now impossible because of the levies. He passed about 100 feet from where I work. LOL

5. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

Just watched "High Tension", French slasher flick, starts off with a disturbing scene, Really good plot twist in the end.

Also watched "The Orphanage", I loved it, well done, Takes a little while to get going though, but after that it is totaly engrosing film.

6. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Sweet, I haven't got to watch it yet. I ended up watching the premiere of Weeds season 4 last night - two thumbs way up!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2008
  7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Beware The Orphanage is in Spanish-no English audio. But entertaining none the less. Be sure to get those English subtitles. LOL

8. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

I find it much better to listen to a movie in it's native language anyway, most english dubs are terrible, "The Host" comes to mind.
    What a horrible butcher job that was.
    Takes away from the emotion of the movie.

9. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea I've seen Pans Labyrinth, so I was expecting that. I got a bit drunk last night after watching the Celtics put an ass whooping on the Lakers, then tried to watch that movie - bad idea! I'm going to have to try again later tonight.

10. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

A bit drunk? Geeezzzz I could hear you screaming up here in Ontario.
    LOL

11. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Funny you say that, I was being a bit loud! I'm really glad they shut those idiots up over in LA. Everyone on that team should try out for day time soap opera's - they are really good at acting!

Basketball aside, my girlfriend wants me to watch Fool's Gold. Any good??

12. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

13. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Oh man, The Orphanage, what else can I say? That movie was just freaken great, I highly recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it. If you love a really good, creepy ghost movie, then this is the one for you. Most scary movies that come out these days, just plain out suck - this one doesn't.

I had a creepy feeling inside me for about an hour after watching this movie, as if I could feel a bad presence around me - am I taking this too far yet? ;) There were a few things I wished they would have told us about or maybe they did and I didn't catch it. But what was up with the old lady that got smashed by the ambulance - I thought she was a ghost? So she's the one that killed all those kids a long time ago? And why did she come back to the house - to clean up her mess she did years ago?

14. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

The part where the old lady who gets hit really freaked me out and I've seen some of the worst horror films out there, there was something really unsettling about that scene.

I'm going to watch it again, you really have to watch this movie at least twice.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2008
  15. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea, maybe it was the fact that her jaws were basically hanging off her face - lol? That scene really had me laughing though after you see that. At first, her husband is trying to give the old lady cpr, then they zoom back and you see that her jaws are falling off. The hole in her mouth looked like a man hole, how the hell is cpr suppose to work in a situation like that!?

I'm going to have to rent that movie again and watch it.

/redbox FTW!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2008
  16. Marielmx3

Marielmx3 Member

well i think rocky will still kick d shit out of any punk talkin $%^& i remember seein him in d contender n he was the most build up good lookin man ive ever seen
    theres just somethin bout older men. rocky balboa wuz a nic3 mov13
    nywys just saw dont mess wid d zohan it wuz alrit3 i took a world religion class in college n there a lot of bs dat would be REALLY offensive for sum middle easters n dat girl dat cuts hair shes gorgeous got me a lil mad my man couldnt stop lookin at her n me either it wuz d first tim3 in my life dat i would go lesbian for a girl
    n also recomend everybody 2 see harold n kumar 2 escape from guantanamo bay damn dat 1 is much better dan d zohan one will get u some serious laughs aight ppl chekc ya laterz damn i hate dat newbie 3 minute rule

17. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Sorry Marielmx3, but neither I nor Google translator could make out anything you said.

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It took me several minutes to interpret it, but I finally got there.
    English or GTHO.

19. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea, some folks come here and think they are talking via text message on their phone.

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

that's not even text speak though, that's just gibberish.