1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I didn't see king kong either on my disc of Scary Movie 4. Funny flick though!!!

I can't wait to see Silent Hill.

2. tylerm712

tylerm712 Member

Scary Movie 4 was not nearly as funny as the other three.

3. Emzaid

Emzaid Guest

ive seen silent hill im actually a fan of the games but the movie just didint seem right the ending was not great, okay plot could have been better but you never knoe the dvd might include better things

4. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

i hated Scary Movie 4.i wasnt gonna watch it after the train wreck that was number 3 but decided to give it a chance.i couldnt even bring myself to finish watching it.it was painfully bad.im done with the Scary Movies now.i loved the first 2 but they shouldve stopped there.i shan't be watching any more sequels that may come out.

im currently eagerly awaiting the release of Clerks 2.it doesnt come out in the cinemas until Octoberish over here i think.i LOVE Kevin Smith.if you dont know who Kevin Smith is and youre a fan of intelligent comedy,i urge you to check him out.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003620/
    He was just this regular guy with a passion for filmmaking and he wrote a script and maxed out 5 credit cards to film it.it became a huge success and he has since followed it up with Mallrats,Chasing Amy,Dogma,an animated tv version of Clerks,Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back,Jersey Girl and now Clerks 2!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Scary Movie 4 was horrible its been a bad year for movies over all .looks like theres going to be about 10 to 12 new releases a week in sept. but most of them don't look that great

6. Emzaid

Emzaid Guest

anyone heard of the movie castlevania heard there was gonna be a movie on the videogames just wondering?

7. andersg

andersg Regular member

I actually like Scary Movie 4 the best of all of them. Not as a movie that I would buy or anything just as a movie to see in thatres and have agood time at, you know? Most of the time I end up at real horror movies. I like them the best, but have yet to find one that actually made me scared lol

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  8. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Just saw Snakes on a plane, it was pretty funny, b grade stuff, with classic one liners. Up next.. Crank ;)

9. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Crank was poor, way below my expectations.

10. andersg

andersg Regular member

Really? I was really looking forward to seing it.

11. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

yeah me too, guess ill have to save the money and still see it ;)

12. andersg

andersg Regular member

I like how you think lol

13. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

i went to see the movie accepted the other night, was freaking hilarious. hardest ive laughed in a long time. next i want to see the covenant, and man of the year.

14. andersg

andersg Regular member

If you ask me The Covenant looks really bad. Im not into those types of movies.

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

watched [bold] Sentinel [/bold] last night very good movie, i liked it

16. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Was digging through some movies I haven't gotten around to watching yet...Suspec Zero, pretty good. Amityville 2005, excellent remake and so was the hills have eyes. And just for the hell of it Shaun of the Dead, still funny as hell.

17. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

18. andersg

andersg Regular member

I saw both the 1st POTC movie and didnt like it at all. I went to the 2nd one hoping it could redeem itself but again, no dice. I dunno if I can bring myself to see the 3rd one. I guess I am not really into those types of movies because they are soo fake and unreal it doesnt interest me.

Im looking forward to seeing The Black Dahlia and The Wicker Man soon. I would have seen the already but I haven't got around to it yet. Anybody else seen these yet?

19. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

@andersg

i would advise you to give Wicker Man a miss and rent the original instead.the original is really good.the remake is terrible.remakes tend to be bad anyway but this one even beats The Omen to the prize of 'just how bad of a remake can we possibly make?'

then again,you liked Scary Movie 4 and i hated it and you didnt like Pirates and i enjoyed it so maybe we have opposing tastes and youll like it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  20. andersg

andersg Regular member

Yeah, true it seems like we have different tastes

I was actually really looking forward to seeing that too. I just didnt get there in time before it was out of theatres.