1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. engage16

engage16 Regular member

I can't believe my grandma drank my pot...

Your bed is a race car. Yeah but its a fricking sweet race car...

2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I watched Idiocracy over this past weekend. That movie made me think about some of the new posters here on the forums.

9/10

3. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Indeed, check out my new sig. :/

Saw the Dark Knight, it pretty much sucked. No, just kidding, but I can't wait to go see it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2008
  4. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

Just about to pull out a knife and poke holes in you.

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I saw "Shutter"- I didn't. "The Sound of Music" was scarier. I think I've watched my last Japanese "horror flick" they need got go back to 1950s Godzilla.

6. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

I would have to assume you are talking about the 2008 version.
    This one in much better
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shutter/

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Icanbe

Yeah it was the 2008 version. I pass on the older Thai version too. Sounds like the one I already squirmed thru. LOL It might have been funnier if the sound track had been a little off.

8. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

A co-worker went and saw The Dark Night last night. Here's how a part of the convo went via AIM.

goodswipe: dark night was bad ass or what?
    mike the dike: zzzzzzzzzooooooommmmmmmgggggg
    mike the dike: <3<3<3
    goodswipe: that good?
    goodswipe: so you gave it three hearts?
    goodswipe: i take it you LOVED the movie?
    mike the dike: you sir
    mike the dike: are correct
    mike the dike: i f**king loved it
    goodswipe: sweet, cant wait to see it

Anyone else going to see it? Or are you guys gong to wait until all the hype dies down.

9. Lillith88

Lillith88 Regular member

Dude why wait? It's gonna be awesome!!

10. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Every showing in town for The Dark Knight is already sold out. Even last night, 1 theater had 7 screens sold out, and the other theater had 5 showings sold out.

11. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I went to see Wanted last night, starring Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy.

I have to say I really enjoyed it, there was lots of action, great special effects and plenty of blood and violence. For what it is meant to be, I thought it definitely achieved that.

The people I went with though, one of them thought it was awful and the other one thought it was only okay, so I think you'll have to make your own minds up about it. The guy that said it was awful said he thought the story line was too farfetched and that there was too much special effects.

Anyway, i'd be interested to get another opinion on it. :)

12. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Evastar, your just the kind of person I think I would love to watch movies with, I can't stand the yuppie type who start nit picking and analysing, just enjoy the damn thing and stop the cry baby whining.

Tell those friends of yours next time to go to an art show, and stare at the pictures some nitwit scribbled, I'll bet there the kind that would really enjoy that.

13. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Okay, i saw Dark Knight last night.

Let me start off by saying that the movie was fantastic. I will buy it when it comes out. I thought it was a great movie that certainly satisfied my curiosity and my expectations.

I also want to add that i was not a big Heath Ledger fan at all. Don't get me wrong, i think his death was sad and stupid. But, i never liked his style as an actor.

He was absolutely incredible as the Joker. He blew my mind with this role and i was one of the nay-sayers when i heard they picked him to play such an intricate role. I can't say enough about how well he played the Joker and how creepy and believable he was. If my vote counted an award would be due to the late Heath Ledger.

If you haven't seen it, GO.

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i went and seen the dark night at the drivein saturdaynight...it was a good movie, but there was to much that had to deal with the joker.there allready was a batman movie that dealt with the joker..bring on a new villian. plus with ledger kicking the bucket there is just to much hype around it.... just my opinion..... plus there is way to many people in this one that knows who batman really is...and thats all ill say about it. dont wanna ruin it for anyone.

the second movie was journey to the center of the earth... i thought that was gonna be so silly id fall asleep before it was over. but it was good as can be. wish i could have seen it in the theater just for the 3D effects. my oldest son seen it in the theater and he said it was the best movie he seen. mostly cause of the 3D effects.

15. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I've always liked Heath Ledger, but i haven't seen any of the Batman movies. So should i go to see Dark Knight or not?

Or if i do, do i need to watch the other Batman movies on dvd first?

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Even in 2008 Doctor Who still features the Daleks, and primarily because it's so much better a program than when they used to appear, I have no problem with that, same goes for the Dark Knight, it's a modernisation of an existing bad guy.

17. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

So I take it you didn't enjoy Broke Back Mountain?

18. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Had a friends dad tell me Jake Gylenhall was more believable as a gay cowboy than as a Marine!!

19. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Didn't even watch it. If i wanna see some gay cowboys there's a country bar 20 miles away...and they're not acting.

20. varnull

varnull Guest

So I take it he is an expert in the field?

I KNEW you and goody were getting it from somewhere.. what price is a Miller Lite there then?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2008