1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

As it turns out, i was also fairly disappointed with The Happening.

Should've listenend to Garmoon.

2. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

Yea, I was debating whether or not to rent it over the weekend. I remember people saying it was another failure for M. Night Shyamalan. I did like The Sixth Sense and Signs was ok - other then the fact that the previews for Signs, totally made the movie out to be what it was not. So I had a feeling that's how The Happening might turn out. Glad I didn't rent it!

Anyways

If you guys haven't seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall yet, I highly recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008
  3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I was contemplating watching that one tonight.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Haven't seen Sarah yet but everyone is recommending it. Still haven't gotten to Zohan yet.

5. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

No more contemplating! If you liked 40 Year-Old-Virgin and Knocked Up, you will DEFINITELY like this one.

6. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Fine...don't be so freakin' pushy! Lol.
    I'll check it out tonight.

7. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

Sorry man... ;)

8. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Just watched 'Run Fatboy Run' and 'The Promotion' earlier today and I'm watching 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' right now.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  9. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

How was Run Fatboy Run?

I love Simon Pegg

10. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I liked 'Run Fatboy Run'. It's nice to see that Simon Pegg doesn't take himself too seriously, and can still make a funny film. Alot of the film is English humor mixed in with some American humor. Simon Pegg, Thandie Newton, and Hank Azaria made a good mix. I was also surprised that David Schwimmer (formerly of Friends) directed this movie for his first feature film.

There is a blooper interview in the special features, and we find out that Thandie Newton is a big prankster on set and during the press tour. She had replaced all of Simon Pegg's water with vodka. He goes thru a couple of glasses and 4 or 5 bottles of 'water' that she replaced with vodka before he finally gets to one she hadn't tampered with.

11. miltex

miltex Guest

Just saw Indiana Jones Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the worst of the series. Can't recommend :(

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Zohan was really funny.I enjoyed it- give it a 7.

13. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Glad you liked it. I laughed quite a bit myself.

I did watch Sarah Marshall finally. It was pretty funny. I thought 40 Year Old Virgin was funnier, but this certainly had me laughing a few times. Pretty decent flick.

14. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

Ugh what? No way, I thought it was hilarious. What version did you see? I saw the unrated one. Not too sure if it comes any other way, but if it wasn't that version then it wasn't as crazy.

15. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

It was the unrated version. Don't get me wrong, it had me laughing, just not as much as i would've expected.

16. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I thought Forgetting Sarah Marshall was much better than 40 year old virgin...I also didn't mind The Happening, thought it was as good as his others. I know M. Nights stuff isn't for everyone.

17. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

You're not the first person to say the same thing. I don't know if i was just in a bad mood or what. I may have to watch it again. I laughed, but not as much as i did with 40 Year Old Virgin.

I'm a M. Night fan. Most of his stuff i really enjoy. I just found myself being bored with The Happening. The gory stuff was pretty cool. He's a brillant director. I was just disappointed with this one. I'll admit my expectations were high (despite the reviews) with this being his first that carried an R rating.

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

19. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Watched Get Smart tonight and was a little disappointed. It had it's moments though, just wasn't as good as I expected it to be. As for Indiana Jones CS, I thought it was worth a watch and will probably grow on me, but I doubt it will ever live up to the original three. I'll be interested to see if the torch is passed to Shai LeBeouf to keep the series going.

EDIT: Also watched Step Brothers recently and thought it was worthy of a few more viewings :p

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah I like CS but it did seem to borrow from National Treasure II a lot! Especially the end.