1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Hey Cyp. How are ya buddy?

I'm going to have to watch Pineapple Express after reading what ya'll are saying about it. Gonna have to check it out.

Watched Wall*E with my son. All it did for me is make me want to watch Short Circuit again. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  2. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Watched a movie called 'Balls of Fury' last night, thought it was really funny - i think it's a couple of years old, it's about a ping pong player going undercover for the fbi to try and catch an evil crimelord!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfR62ijVnmU

3. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

Yea 7th, WALL-E reminded me of that as well.

@ EVA

I've got that movie on HD DVD. It was ok, but it did have it's funny moments.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

Boring disney stuff.. Ratatouille was a far better story..

Anybody seen Max Payne yet? I think it's pretty good, a bit disjointed sometimes and the flashbacks don't help. As a nobrainer film it has it's moments, and well.. I think it killed 2 hours quite well.

5. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

Ratatouille was a good movie, but how could you not like WALL-E? Too much robot romance for you? It was done by the same people that brought you Ratatouille.

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Hey 7thS,
    Been okay, just lots of work, school and stuff(away for a summer job during which time wasn't much on the net).
    Pineapple Express was funny, although not something you'd watch with your children.
    I also watched Max Payne. I think I went in with too big of an expectation, so I was a bit disappointed. Didn't care for the flashbacks either.

7. varnull

varnull Guest

How could I not like WALL-E ??.. simple.. it was purile drivel. Over sentimental sugary trash. No redeeming features.

I enjoyed Taken last night.. One excellent film.. wouldn't want to cross that dude eh?

8. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

"Over sentimental sugary trash"- haha, funny. Just curious,did you like "Titanic"?
    Taken was a good movie indeed, reminded me of the "Bourne" series.

9. varnull

varnull Guest

Titanic.. crap.. Predicted the ending when I saw the title.. It sinks.. people drown.. end. Could have saved myself a few hours.. oh wait.. I did.. about half way through :)

I haven't managed to get into the Bourne series.. I read the books and Ludlam is always too long winded and boring for me. I tried watching the first one when it was on tv a few weeks ago.. Reruns of top gear won after about 40 minutes. XD

10. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

:), I thought you'd say that about "Titanic". How about "Love Actually" if you have seen that one?

11. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol

For a girl you sure don't like the girly movies haha.

12. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I like movies like Blade, Underworld, the Patriot, Lord of the Rings, that kind of thing. Are they girly enough for you? ;)

13. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

EDIT - Sick below means awesome in case you were wondering :p

Blade
    Sick
    Underworld Series
    Just as Sick if not more
    the Patriot
    Is that the old one with mel gibson?? saw it a long time ago
    Lord of the Rings
    Sicker than the SICKEST!!! - The extended editions are aomong the best movies ever made IMHO

Very girly I think, especially Blade LOL XD

I have yet to see Kung Fu Panda or Wall-E, waiting to get some DVDs so I can burn them and watch them on the telly with my younger brother (5 years old)

I also recently saw
    How to lose friends and alienate people Decent Flick
    Get Smart - Not too bad, alright I guess
    Tropic Thunder - V funny but I did go WTF at time
    I'm The dude playing the dude disguised as another dude
    HAHAAAAA I was cracking up at that, and Simple jack - full retard :D

I plan on watching Taken tonight

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Never go full retard...

15. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

We watched Hancock and Wanted last night. Both were good, Hancock was obviously better as a lot of the action in Wanted was pretty unbelievable for "real" people with no super powers. All in all, I'd watch both of them again.

The Patriot is one of my all time favorites and it was shot here near where I live.

16. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I love the Patriot too, one of the best movies ever made!

Hancock and Wanted were both quite good, i think maybe we expect too much from movies these days!

I saw Wanted in the cinema and really enjoyed it but the people i saw it with said the special effects were unbelievable and farfetched and didn't enjoy the movie because of that! I mean, come on, it's a movie guys!

How to Lose Friends isn't bad it isn't Simon Pegg's best movie.

I can't wait for Underworld 3 to come out, although i found Blade 3 very disappointing.

17. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Inspired by watching Wall*E i sat down to a classic last night. Watched Short Circuit again. Wow, i forgot how much funny stuff was in that flick.

The Patriot is indeed a great flick. One of the few i have on BluRay.

Hancock was pretty cool. I giggle at the idea of a drunken, pist off, somewhat socially inept super-hero.

18. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

Yea, IMO video game movies always SUCK. Only exception being the first Resident Evil. Other then that, I can't think of any other one that was good.

Anyone care to chime in?

19. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

The first Lara Croft movie wasn't bad. That was a video game first, wasn't it?

20. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

Yes it was. I tried watching it the other day when I was bored. I just couldn't get into it. Maybe that was my ADHD playing a role there. Angelina Jolie is HAWT though. ;)