1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

Anybody see Pan's Labyrinth? I just saw it saw it last night...liked it better than Del Toro's Devil's Backbone (which I also liked). It's pretty dark stuff.

2. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

The cars was pretty good.

3. rav009

rav009 Active member

Saw Rocky Balboa and The Pursuit of Happyness - both 10/10!

Going to see Blood Diamond on Thursday, I'll let you know what I think.

-Rav :)

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LOL! He'll be in a wheelchair and older than God and still making Rocky movies!

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I think in the movie Airplane 2,there was a movie poster on the background wall that said Rocky 60 or something like that. It was a picture of a 70 yr old man with boxing gloves, LOL

God I love those old Airplane movies. Watch them a dozen times and you still run into some background stuff that you missed the previous 11 times, LOL

Anybody ever been in a Turkish Prison, LOL

Rocky Balboa was ok,not the greatest. We ar Marshall was pretty good.

6. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

havent seen Airplane 2.might check it out now though just to spot the poster.

Airplane is fantastic though.so many great lines

There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Surely you can't be serious.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Excuse me, I happened to be passing, and I thought you might like some coffee.
    Oh, that's very nice of you, thank you.
    Cream?
    No, thank you, I take it black, like my men.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

7. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Saw Hannibal Rising this w/e. Not bad, it does explain why he does what he does it will be interesting to see if they make another to 'link' all the movies together.

8. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

9. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Shado:
    In the 1st airplane movie,the stewardess brings a little boy in the cockpit.He sees kareem abjul jabaar in the cockpit.Peter graves asks the little boy a bunch of stupid questions:

Ever been in a turkish prison?
    Ever seen a grown man naked?
    Ever flown an airplane before?
    You now how 1 dog sniffs another dog's butt?
    Do you like gladiator movies?
    Etc,

LMFAO on those flicks.

I'll keep an eye out for midnight express.

I watched the Departed last night, it's a very good flick. Lots of blood,killing,mayhem,and a good "which mole is going to expose the other mole" story..

Edit in the gladiator movies, LOL

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  10. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Oh okay I remember now about Airplane etc. Cannot say that I agree with u though on the Departed, I thought it was way to long with not enough action. Get a copy of Midnight Express it a superb movie!

11. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

zoom sucks real bad!!! Even your kids will hate it. HORRIBLE movie.

12. rav009

rav009 Active member

Saw Blood Diamond earlier, the best film I've seen in a long time! Honestly - go see it..amazing film.

13. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

just found out about Ghost Rider when the trailer played in the cinema.oh dear.

what is it with Nicolas Cage? does he feel like every time he makes a good film he should balance it out with a crap one? hes such a talented actor and he keeps destroying his reputation with all the dross he keeps pumping out.

i feel like im going to be talking about Nicolas Cage in a few years in the same way that i talk about Robert DeNiro now.just as i watch Meet The Fockers and turn and say to the person next to me 'this is the same person that was once Travis Bickle and Jake LaMotta',in a few years i will watch the next piece iof crap that Nic decides to star in and say 'this is the same person that lit up the screen as Charlie Kauffman in Adaptation and thrilled audiences as Sailor Ripley in Wild At Heart'.now look at him.

*sigh*

ok.rant over

14. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

300 looks tight!!!!!

15. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

I SAW GHOST RIDER SUNDAY.

The movie is actually really good, nice effects and violence,

Nicolas Cage doesnt do a crap job either, he portrays Johny Blaze very nicely,

AND TO NEPHILIM:
    Your name appears in the movie, Johny Blaze is reading a page from a biblical book, and the page shows angels descending and causing fear, and at the bottom is

"Nephilim"

16. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Went to the movies twice this weekend and saw Music & Lyrics & Ghost Rider.

Both very good in there own right, the soundtrack to Music & Lyrics is pretty good to. One of the stars of the movie is a girl called Haley Bennett who looks to have a promising future as a pop star in her own right!

17. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I watched Babel,and a very confusing movie. I played my backup,and dvd shrink automatically unticked the subtitles, Doh!

Watched it again today,with sub-titles and I could understand it now, LOL

BTW: The jacket cover on my original says Brad Pitt's finest role.NOT! He's only in it about a half hour. Rest it keeps jumping around from tokyo,Mexico,and back to Morocco.

18. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

i had bebel on my computer for two weeks and i still haven't watched it. I will watch it when i'm bored. Blockbuster shipping is slow!!!

I just checked the movie and i don't have subtitle. How did you get yours? It's not dvd i have it on divx.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  19. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Midnight Express is a really good movie; saw it again just a couple of weeks ago on the tube. It kind of neat once in a while to see a (relatively) low budget movie without any smashing visual effects that you can appreciate simply because its good and well acted.

20. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

forget about subtitle, i just browse through the movie and it seems real boring.