Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Glad u liked it, its been a fav of mine for a long time!! Bet the Turks don't like it though! LOL!

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LOL True enough!

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Departed is Badass!!! a must see

4. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

departed is ok. movie 300!!!!

5. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

personally I thought that The Departed was long & booring. I suppose it was slightly clever but other than that mediocre @ best, certainly not worth all the hype that seems to go with it!

6. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

what difference does that make? my favourite performance by him is in True Romance and hes only in that for little segments.

and one of,if not THE finest performance by him is in Twelve Monkeys and hes in that for less than a half hour as well.if it hadn't of been for Willis' fantastic performance in that film overshadowing it,he'd be more appreciated for that role.hes a very underrated actor.

The Departed is decent but its very overrated.i prefer the original.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  7. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I just watched DOA dead or alive. that movie sucked. But you should watch it cause of girls. They are hot!!! that's purple chick is so freaking hot!!!!!

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

9. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

An awesome movie!

Pan's Labyrinth (El Laberinto Del Fauno)

"Pan's Labyrinth" is the story of a young girl who travels with her pregnant mother to live with her mother's new husband in a rural area up North in Spain, 1944, after Franco's victory. The girl lives in an imaginary world of her own creation and faces the real world with much chagrin. Fascist repression towards the end of World War II (1944) is at its height in rural Spain and the girl must come to terms with that through a fable of her own. Written by Ben McIntosh

ITS OUT EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!! (not malasia, banned)

10. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

wow 1950. 57 year old movie. I bet it's black and white. I think some old movies are good like 80s. But that movie is ancient. Unless they have super hot chicks.

EDIT: someone need to fix the "quote".

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  11. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

so youre willing to feed hollywoods latest 'heres some tits so gimme some money' film DOA but you wont watch anything black and white or before 1980? wow,youre missing out on some of the best films by limiting yourself like that

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  12. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

ok ok, what a film is blood diamond, i watched it last night and it was great.
    i wana hear some otha ppls view on the film as i thought it was really good!

13. Nephilim

The only difference between the movies of yesteryear and those of today is that Hollywood has gained color and special effects at the expense of killer storylines and true creativity. Half the movies Hollywood cranks out nowadays are lame ripoffs of really good old and/or foreign films.

The 1950 DOA follows Frank Bigelow as he tries to find the guy who slipped him a time relesed poison. Basically he's trying to find his murderer while he's still alive. How cool is that? How many murder mystery movies feature the victim finding his killer?

I'm not trying to be mean here but anyone who who bags the oldies really needs to sit down and enjoy them before passing judgment. I nominate three of the top Noir films that any doubter should check out - DOA (1950), Les Diabolique (1955) and Double Indemnity (1944). These three have more lurid twists, scary turns and double-crossings than Hollywood knows how to put in 20 films nowadays. And talking about hotties - Barbara Stanwyk, VĂ©ra Clouzot, Simone Signoret and Pamela Britton are all as hot as they come back in their day!

Have fun all :)

14. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

actually 70's and 80's films r the best. even tho they are cheesy, and have actors like bruce willis,stallone,norris etc, they still make good films and i think everyone agrees tht films r not made like they used 2. that is why lots of films r being reinvented, e.g. die hard,rocky,rambo,indiana jones, etc etc.

15. Nephilim

i wulnt say that ne era haz da best filmz but da 70s n 80s are gud.

- or -

I wouldn't go so far as to say that any era has the "best" films but yes, the 70's and 80's have some stellar offerings.

I'm not trying to be too hard but this isn't instant messaging - we're a forum where not only can you use proper spelling and grammar but it's also appreciated.

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

gotta add The Fifth Element Bruce Wills also in that bunch

17. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I love some of the 70's and 80's films. Most of the time,the remakes of them sucks a**.

I've got 1 of those that I have to watch every year,and it was just on last weekend. The who's rock opera, Tommy.

Ann Margret in 1977? Shwiiiiiing!!!! She was so hot. When she goes to the holiday camp and gets in the best legs competition,you can see her CamelToe!!!!!!!!!!!! A very good closeup indeed!!!

Throw in:
    The deer hunter
    Deliverance
    Apocalyse Now
    Mrs Robinson
    and most horror flicks from that era.

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

is Departed that was released a couple weeks ago a remake?

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

saugmon

you forgot Taxi Driver in your list lol

20. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Gotta agree with "The Deer Hunter" a very poweful movie, I would "add" The Blues Brothers, Gregory's Girl, Local Hero & The Terminator movies. Then going back futher things like Clockwork Orange that was banned for many years in the Uk.