1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

A Clockwork Orange is simply incomparable. Kubrik is a genuis!

What about The Shining? Nicholson gives me the chills everytime I watch it :D

2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

@aabbccdd

yes,its a remake of a 2002 Hong Kong film called Mou gaan dou which translates to Infernal Affairs.its a GREAT film.i highly recommend it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338564/

yeah,theres some great films from the 70's and 80's but theres certainly better examples than Willis,Stallone and Norris.Robert DeNiro was in his prime with such films as Mean Streets,Taxi Driver,Raging Bull and Deer Hunter (him and Scorsese make such a good team).Francis Ford Coppola was also in his prime with the Godfather films and Apocalypse Now.Kubrick also made some great films in that era,namely Barry Lyndon and A Clockwork Orange (sorry Neph.i must be the only person in the world who doesnt dig The Shining) though he peaked in the 60's with Dr Strangelove and 2001 IMO.
    Double Indemnity is fantastic.i havent seen Les Diabolique or DOA but the plot to DOA sounds interesting.i might check it out

some other great noir films:

The Maltese Falcon
    Sunset Blvd.
    M
    The Big Sleep
    The Third Man

and my personal favourite: Notorious

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  3. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

im sorry about the abbreviations and im speak earlier. my bad :(

4. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

anyone seen This Film Is Not Yet Rated? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493459/

its an anti-MPAA documentary so should be very popular amongst AD members.lol.it might provide a lot of information that those who know enough about them to bash them objectively will already be aware of but it makes for very interesting viewing for the general public and its surprisingly funny throughout.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  5. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

i just watched borat. Can anyone tell me if that was fake or real? it was so funny pam running without a shoe. so was that real?

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The pam part was staged but pretty much the rest of the movie was spontaneous. I loved when he brought the hooker to dinner - I laughed myself hoarse. The nude fight scene was incredibly disturbing yet morbidly fascinating.

7. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

you sure the only pam part was staged? cause half of em looks unreal. I thought the american joke part with a guy was funny. "my sister said you can't have this" lol

8. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

Im'a Borat... HI FIVE!!

9. consul

consul Regular member

@ sammo_101

Just watched Blood Diamond, what a powerful story. 44 and had tears in my eyes. cant believe so much death over a little sparkly stone. and as the old guy said near the end God help that country if they ever discover oil. But then again i,m sure Bush will move in if they do

10. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

yes indeed i thought the story was so moving.. As about bush moving in im sure he will be hot on the heels if they do find any! lol

11. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

i finally watched Apocalypse Now Redux today after it has done nothing but gather dust on my shelf for over a year since i never bothered to sit down and watch it after hearing all the negativity.it does ruin the pace of the film a little and kills the tension where it should have gradually built up but i liked the extra scenes.i just wish i could have watched them as deleted scenes in the extras section of the dvd though.oh well,ill stick to the original i think.

12. Shardel

Shardel Guest

Most of the movies here are for adults. I'd like to make a comment
    on one for kids-since I watch everything before I let my grandchildren. The movie Barnyard was absolutely ridiculous. The
    guys that made that movie have obviously never been in a barnyard
    in their life. If they had they would know that the star shouldn't
    have a bag-only heifers do. Aside from that their depiction of the
    farmer was a total slap in the face to all farmers. I also didn't
    like the fact that the hero felt free to party hardy while driving
    and to deal with less that savory characters when it suited him. What
    kid of message is this movie sending to impressionable children-especially children raised in the city that haven't been to a farm.

13. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

eragon is good, It's just like harry potter, They skip a lot. Need to be longer.

watched children of men. I thought it was pointless crap movie.

14. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

You guys won't belive this. DIE hard 4

It's called live free or die hard. It's going to be sweet. Coming in summer.

15. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Saw Wild Hogs over the weekend, real funny movie, hightly recomended!

16. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

I cant wait for die hard 4 thats going to be great! no wonder they are bringing back the great films of the 80's, its cause they are just so good.
    Also, ive heard that they are bringing out Evan Almighty; as in bruce almighty! i didnt think the first was that good and i dont really know why they are reinventing this film.

17. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

bruce almighty was good but the second will SUCK. no jim carry. Die hard 4 is going to be very good.
    My friend already saw 300 and he said that movie was freaking cool.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  18. sammo_101

sammo_101 Guest

i have heard that the new film with Eddie Murphy in- Norbit- is terrible and have just seen it and thought it was absolute trash. i would clean my shoes with that rubbish film

19. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Yeah, I agree. All those Eddie Murphy flicks are the same.

20. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

watched rocky baloda. It was crap.