1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official NFL Chat!!!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by jazo123, Apr 3, 2006.

1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

2. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

I like the niners not because of their skill, just because that's who I've always liked. I hate it when somebody's team is mot doing well so they switch teams. It makes me mad as hell. LOL, But I just stick to the niners, no matter how good or bad they play. All I know is that I'm a
    [​IMG]

3. Joeva

Joeva Regular member

wow lmao lmao, so winning the nfc east championship 3 years in a row means nothing? making it to the nfc title game 3 years means nothing?
    you actually dont think mcnabb is an accurate thrower for someone who moves as much as he does, watch his games and watch how many of his passes are thrown of his backfoot and are still accurate. watch his foot work, and control and composure in the pocket. u sound like more of a hater than realist.

4. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

I'm not saying that he is not good, as he is, but he is still [bold]way[/bold] overrated. There are sooo much more better passers in the NFL than McNabb. He is good, don't get me wrong, but definantely not hall of fame material.

5. Joeva

Joeva Regular member

fine name a quaterback that combines pocket movement with accuracy like donovan does.

6. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

[bold]Steve Young[/bold]
    [bold]Micheal Vick[/bold] (also overrated, but just as good as McNabb in my eyes)
    [bold]Jeff Garcia[/bold] (when he was in his prime)
    [bold]Daunte Culpepper[/bold]
    [bold]Aaron Brooks[/bold] (not as good as a passer, but is near McNabb)

BTW, when they won the NFC East 3 years in a row, it wasn't all because of McNabb. He is not as dominant as a player as people make him out to be. No offense, just a good debate.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2006
  7. Joeva

Joeva Regular member

omg other than dante you chose horrible choices, vick cant throw for shite for chrissakes.. i said combine pocket movement [bold]and[/bold] accuracy. donovon is incredibly mobile.

8. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

I still agree with you, he is pretty good, just not one of the top in the NFL. If I were to chose the best QB's currently in the league, then I'd chose Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, but definantely not McNabb in the top 5. For this reason, I don't mention his as a great player.

9. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Hey Guys, again, I'm from Philly so of course I'm an Eagle fan, I havent missed a Eagle game in decades, Donavan dont forget was mobile, when he was he was above average, after the first time he got hurt he lost his cohonies, he was never mobile after that, than came TO and that made Donavon look better, but now he will have a bunch of no names to throw to, and this is when you will really see what a quarteback is made off, but I'm sorry to say say this will be Donavans worse year.

10. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

I agree with that totally. This will be one of his first years without a half-decent WR for him to throw to. Maybe they should bring Jerry Rice back into the NFL! :p

11. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You are correct. TO is a mental case. I am a Minnesota Vikings fan, but I really like Donovan.

I also like Randy Moss, and think he had the POTENTIAL to be the best wide receiver to ever play the game. He has all of Jerry Rice's records broken for the time period in the league, but Moss has head problems, although he is not a mental case like TO.

The Vikings made a great move by getting rid of Daunte (can't read the field) Culpepper. Randy Moss made Daunte look good, but Culpepper was never any good. He could never read the field. He had tunnel vision.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  12. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

I also like Randy Moss, but I don't think that he should ever be compared to Jerry Rice.

13. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I don't either. Randy Moss is far more talented than Jerry Rice was, but he has no personality. Jerry Rice does, and will always be the greatest in my book.

14. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

Yep, same here. He was an all-around awesome player, deserves hall of fame no doubt.

15. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Hey Granpa, it's funny after I looked at your responce I noticed you are a V.N. Vet, and I said oh man we are that old now are'nt we, wow, anyway, I was there to in 68, 69, and came on in Mar. of 70, welcome home brother.

16. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Hung out with the Khmers in Cambodia ... fall 72 - spring 74 ...

17. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Welcome home to you too, FredBun, and to you too, Catfreak. I came back to the "world" on May 24, 1971. My son was almost 9 months old, when I first saw him.

Now, the irony of that is, on May 24, 1999, my wife and I traveled to California, and it was on that day, I first saw my grandson, who was about 2 months old. I made note of that when I video taped the events that day. :)

18. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Grandkids certainly ave a humbling effect on a person ... I just talked to my youngest (who lives East of San Diego) last night ..

19. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

Is Terrel Owens gonna be on the same team as Keyshawn Johnson or am I mistaken? If so, then that whole Cowbows team is gonna be a mess. Great players, but both have cocky, self-centered attitudes. They think that the whole game revolves around them.

20. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Meshawn Johnson was cut from the Cowboys, and signed with the Carolina Panthers.
    I dont think they had a locker room big enough for both of those ego's ;)