1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. N. Revolution

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by solargame, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Very Funny, but sad at the same time because sony is know for empty promises.
    Thats right I forgot about that. ;)
    Let me clarify,
    I never really understood what makes Bluetooth So much better than radio Frequency that the 360 is using. Yes I know bluetooth uses a dedicated frequency, but I use wireless controllers for my xbox right now (sometimes 4 at a time) and I have a cordless phone near the xbox and they all run at 2.4ghz and I have never had a problem with connectivity or the frequecies crossing. to me bluetooth is just a weak wireless network, what is the problem with a reqular ol' wireless network. Not to mention my wireless controllers (logitech) are used sometimes about 30 feet away with no problems.

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

You can put a picture by going into your account page http://www.afterdawn.com/users/my_account.cfm and checking out the options there. =) Use the (img) (/img) tags. Replace the brackets with square brackets.

3. Grunt14

Grunt14 Member

Lets get one thing straight and thats, that the whole bluetooth issue won't be one. I mean you guys would have to be idiots if you thought otherewise, and i at least would like to think your not that stupid. Also i was wondering if 7devices and 1master meant 8 all up( please let me no if im wrong)if it does thats pretty on to it!

If thats the case surely you can remember the magazine it was in? if you saw it at all.

4. 00Gravity

00Gravity Member

2kwic,

1. don't call me Zinn Jr.
    2. I feel insulted
    3. Don't ever question me...

anyway, my friend mike said it was on g4, 2kwic, if you truly knew what you were talking about then you would have known that, just because you're a junior member doesn't meen anything just to let you know. I don't know it alll, i just thought people would like to know the info i have. boy, for a junior member you sure are....whooo, almost flamed you there little guy. but anyways, i thought this forum was to have our own opions about the two new next gen consoles, not to question others about the information they know. 2kwic, you're an ms hater aren't you?

Don't take this the wrong way or anything but, your probably just mad because you don't have trustworthy friends, right?

I think you act more like Zinn, insulting others. And Zinn didn't tell lies, If he did he corrected them. Except for one

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  5. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

What I am really saying doesnt really have to do with this topic. I just think bluetooth is a dumb technology that isnt really needed and has already been done in other forms. Its just my opinion. $ony could of just saved some money and just used standard radio frequency.

I just hate it how sony tries to develop their own technologies just to monpolize on the consumer (for example: mini-disk, UMD disk, ARTIC files, etc.). I mean why not conform to the norm and most widely accepted items throughout the world and just make a really good product. If the product is good, it will sell itself. Look at apple, the IPOD is just an mp3 player, but it is so good it has majority of the mp3 player market.

OK Im done with my rant!

6. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

True it is, but having bad information leads to people question the integrity of the person, which in turn makes people not care about their opinion. That is why it is good to have the right info. The better the wealth of information you have the more respected you are no matter what you status is.

7. 2kwic

2kwic Guest

Little guy didn't you just say that you were 13yr old ha boy i can be your step dad. but im not going to go there with a real little guy. And no im not a MS hater i had both systems but i liked ps2 more so i sold it to my cousin.And don't call you Zinn jr look at you your all on him I though you was about to call him daddy.

I had to put that up again so you can read it now that's what im trying to say get the right info plus show it to us if you have it. I watch G4 all the time and i didn't hear anything about the power of the systems they didn't show any chart or anything comparing the two and especially xbox being better so don't listen to your boy get the right info and if you have it give it to me so that i wont hurt your little feelings.Theres no need to get all sensitive.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2005
  8. solargame

solargame Regular member

i greatly agree with 2kwick. G4 did not show any sign of the 360's specs. they are not allowed to under a contract.

9. 2kwic

2kwic Guest

And please people correct me if im wrong does this look like an opinion or in your word (opions) or Information this is from your boy 00Gravity

10. solargame

solargame Regular member

neither, it looks like a pile of bullshi*

11. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

No offense to you all, but G4TV is the LAST place I use for information. I watch G4 myself, but not for insider information. They always seem behind the times for me. The only thing that channel is good for is game reviews and filter is OK. Not to mention, Kevin Rose is a Tool.

If you want to good info, the internet is the way to go, but you have to know who is spreading good and bad info though and who is biased.

12. 00Gravity

00Gravity Member

Look, it was in the newspaper, 2kwic, i think people know how to read, and the only thing stoppin' me from flamin' u is the rules..... "LITTLE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!" i'M REALLY TEMPTED TO GUN YOU HORRIBLY IN FRONT OF EVERYBOOODDYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! But i'm not. and sony only has 15 million left, that was also in the paper.

oh solarboy, don't think i've forgotten 'bout u. so please stay off the T-I-P OF 2kwic's DIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

13. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Looks like someone needs a timeout! LOL!

14. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Hopefully knowing that I'm following this thread is also stopping you :)

Now everybody, another reminder ... Be nice and respectful

15. 00Gravity

00Gravity Member

More info on the 360

Firstly, while the GPU and its 10 MB of embedded DRAM are manufactured seperately, they are present on the same physical package. The embedded DRAM clocks in at 2 GHz, and provides 256 GB/s of bandwidth. It is being dubbed "intelligent memory", for it contains 192 parallel pixel processors, allowing the memory to do independant processing of its own, and not compromising the performance of the GPU. Some of this processing includes 4x anti-aliasing at 720p, dynamic shadows, stencil buffer shadows, and occlusion culling.

Since the majority of heat produced is by the GPU/memory I/O, embedded DRAM allows the GPU to be cooled by a passive heatsink, along with the system fans already present in the Xbox 360. The "regular" 512 MB of GDDR3 system/graphics memory operates at 700 MHz.

Microsoft says that through the use of the XNA tools, it takes approximately one week to port PC applications to the Xbox 360, which ought to be a boon to developers.

to find this go to http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/4645/

16. 00Gravity

00Gravity Member

flip, if he says something 2 more times, i'll have to flame him, it's not me, it's him.

Check him

17. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

only 2? lol ...

please don't. I've given another reminder. Hopefully they're smart and will be nice. (hint hint @ 2kwic)

18. 00Gravity

00Gravity Member

Thanks

19. solargame

solargame Regular member

what was with that story on how xbox 360 will have 3 versions, 1 that is like a pc, one thats only got a HD, and the last is the basic version which was the cheapest.

20. velascoj2

velascoj2 Member

Ok just got in, and read the explanation of the embedded ram, and if I'm correct from the material I read. The extra 10 megs are more for the functions of managing the quality output of the system for 1080!. How exactly is that going to work not sure. However that ram still do not decide the overall performance of the system. From ram, gpu, cpu. sure it alleviate certain thing on the system ( every system is different and all depends how the 360 has been design internally). However the internal hardware of ps3 may be substantially different to the xbox, that leading for that extra memory not to be needed on the design of ps3 (relative though). However, The Ps3 has 2 types of ram one is 256 megs gddr3 @700mghz and another 256megs running at 3.2 ghz which is ultimately faster than the 360. The system can unified both 256 to combine it to full 512 ( like xbox) but if developer need to tax either the cpu or gpu at any given time with faster ram to either prossesor , they have an option 360 does not have( this is also relative since there are other factors for graphics which would take too long to explain)). So half of the ram of ps3 is faster than the xbox and since you are talking about bandwidth. The gddr3 700mghz ( main ram for xbox entire system, extra 10 not been used for the same tasks) has a bandwidth of 22+ megs/sec while the ps3 has 256 megs at that same (22+ ghz) bandwidth and the other 256 megs at a bandwidth of 25.6 ghz/sec which in graphical terms in conjunction with the rest of the system specs can make a difference ( But if the developers sucks at making games, then forget the numbers since they become meaningless).

Basically what I'm saying Gravity is that you have not been able to prove your point yet. You could post more of your knowledge and will see if your claims hold water ( and perhaps you maybe right thought, not with info you stated so far). I won’t be easy on you though, but I won't get angry or insult you. However real facts to back up your statement are appreciated and ultimately respected. Since you are thirteen and eager, I'll be patient with you and give you the benefit of the doubt on your claims. But do not reply with " my friend *^&$ told me so" because it is not your own research and hold no water since we do not know who he may be. Some of us have knowledge on the matter and rather not take someone seriously when not giving realist facts. You did give some specs for us to read and that is a good start ( still proves nothing yet). but You can continue to put your case for us to learn and possibly reply with agreeing or disagreeing info.

Remember you are better than to call people names. That is how children react at disagreements and you are not a child. There is a lot of people here who are mature and disserve their respect ( If you want people to respect you have to earn it) , respect other if you want respect in return. And if they insult you, that shows that they are more immature that you, so ignore them and answer the next post that you decide to follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.