1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. N. Revolution

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by solargame, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 00Gravity

00Gravity Member

See. i'm not siding with either system, all you will here from me is that one is better than the other.I don't hate any of the companies, and i'm a huge fan of all three of them. i'm probably more of a nintendo fan, but they blew it with the game cube. so it's all sony and microsoft now, and since i've been hearing bad rumors about the ps3. i'm looking foward to the 360. don't get me wrong though, the ps3 and nr shall be great systems.

and it happens 2kwic. just deal with it. don't let your love for sony blind you from the truth like my friend kevin. why would sony talk about how much money they have, it's called an interview. why does the newspaper talk about our country going to war, i don't know. fine, i'll admit it. i don't know why things happen, i just read and report, that's all. so don't get mad at me if i tell you something you don't want to here, don't read anything i reply, fine. i don't care. i don't know everything

But i do have all the 360 info, just tell me if you want it ALL!!!!!!

Last edited: May 25, 2005
  2. T4spartan

T4spartan Regular member

Well, well, well, looks like I also decided to throw in my two cents in the disscussion. All I can say is Im a die hard xbox man and a fan of the Halo series so in my opinion Ill get an xbox 360. I love all the features such as the free xbox live and video chat but then again that killzone 2 trailer seemed off the hook(almost had a heart attack watching it). "once you go xbox 360 you never go Ps3" (Yeah, Im assuming that in some alien language that rymes).

Me personaly, I would preffer an xbox 360!

Peace out!

3. 00Gravity

00Gravity Member

well brace ya self, here's all the 360 info i have and could find

The Xbox 360™ is the future of entertainment. With the most stunning games, powerful technology, and intelligent services, Xbox 360 puts you at the center of your entertainment experience.

Play the most compelling games. Watch DVD movies. Enjoy digital music, photos, and videos in an integrated entertainment system.
    Xbox 360 also opens the door to incredible new high-definition entertainment. Experience Xbox 360 games in HD. Stream HD television and movies straight from your Windows Media Center Edition PC to your Xbox 360.

The System:

Break out of linear and limited gaming. Demand ground-breaking entertainment that is always connected, always personalized, and always in high-definition. Accept nothing less than the most powerful next-generation platform, with cutting-edge technology and service innovations that deliver the future of entertainment today. A meticulous merger of form and function. A technically superior interior wrapped in a sophisticated exterior.The Xbox 360 will launch globally this 2005 holiday season in North America, Europe, and Japan and in calendar year 2006 in Asia Pacific and Latin America.

Xbox Live :

Enter a world where gamers across the globe come to play anyone and everyone, anytime … anywhere. Xbox Live™ is the next evolution, the future of gaming and entertainment.
    • Plug your Xbox 360 into your broadband connection, and you're on. Always.

• Build your profile, your gamer card. Show your face … or don't.
    • Talk to friends across the globe through voice or video.
    • Download character skins, premium levels, and more in the Xbox Live Marketplace.

• Play who you want with Intelligent Matchmaking.
    • Tune into spectator mode to see your friends in action.
    Games. Entertainment. Community. Information. Innovation. The best just got better.

Xbox Live is where gaming and entertainment come alive. Get connected and join the revolution.
    The best online gaming community is about to get even better. Check out what's on the way with Xbox 360.
    Voice and Video Chat:

Building on its popular voice communication feature, Xbox Live™ will enhance communication with the introduction of Party Chat to all paying Xbox Live members. This means you can talk to your friends anytime, anywhere on Xbox 360™ online. Requires Xbox 360 Compatible Headset for Voice Chat and Xbox 360 Compatible Camera for Video Chat.
    Message Center:

All of your notifications, voice and video messages, and even system- and service-based communications will be stored in one location.
    Enhanced Friends List:

Not only will you be able to review a prospective friend's gamer card to help determine whether or not to add them to your Friends List, but you'll also be able to see your friends' Friends Lists.
    Marketplace:

Using the Marketplace, find and download demos and trailers along with new game levels, maps, weapons, vehicles, skins, community-created content, and more.
    Exclusive Programming:

Xbox Live is "always on"—something's always happening. The exclusive Prime Time Calendar is your destination for all information about events on Xbox Live. Play your favorite Xbox Live titles against real-world celebrity gamers through programs like Game with Fame and Mystery Gamer, and participate in unique promotions like "Play and Win."

Enhanced Matchmaking:

Multiplayer gaming is now truly as easy or as challenging as you want it to be. Several new features, like gamer cards, Gamer Profiles, and Gamer Zones, make meeting up with friends and competitors at your skill level easier than ever before!
    Tournaments and Competitions:

Xbox Live-sponsored tournaments will continue across a multitude of different titles and genres. More and more games will also support gamer-created tournaments on Xbox Live for Xbox 360.
    Spectator Mode:

This is the "virtual arcade," a chance for you to watch other gamers compete in supported titles. Games that support this feature will give you the ability to participate online without having to compete. Learn tips and tricks, or just sit back and enjoy the show.
    Sourced from MICROSOFT.

Xbox 360 Specifications

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU • Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each

• Two hardware threads per core; six hardware threads total
    • VMX-128 vector unit per core; three total
    • 128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
    • 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance • 9 billion dot product operations per second
    Custom ATI Graphics Processor • 10 MB of embedded DRAM
    • 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines

• Unified shader architecture

Polygon Performance • 500 million triangles per second
    Pixel Fill Rate • 16 gigasamples per second fill rate using 4x MSAA
    Shader Performance • 48 billion shader operations per second
    Memory • 512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 RAM
    • Unified memory architecture
    Memory Bandwidth • 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth

• 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
    • 21.6 GB/s front-side bus
    Overall System Floating-Point Performance • 1 teraflop
    Storage • Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive
    • 12x dual-layer DVD-ROM
    • Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB
    I/O • Support for up to four wireless game controllers
    • Three USB 2.0 ports
    • Two memory unit slots

Optimized for Online • Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies, or listening to music

• Built-in Ethernet port
    • Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g
    • Video camera ready
    Digital Media Support • Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD • Ability to stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras and Windows XP-based PCs

• Ability to rip music to the Xbox 360 hard drive
    • Custom playlists in every game
    • Built-in Media Center Extender for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
    • Interactive, full-screen 3-D visualizers
    High-Definition Game Support • All games supported at 16:9, 720p, and 1080i, anti-aliasing
    • Standard-definition and high-definition video output supported

Audio • Multi-channel surround sound output
    • Supports 48KHz 16-bit audio
    • 320 independent decompression channels
    • 32-bit audio processing
    • Over 256 audio channels
    System Orientation • Stands vertically or horizontally
    Customizable Face Plates • Interchangeable to personalize the console

The Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system places you at the center of the experience. Available this holiday season in Europe, Japan, and North America, Xbox 360 ignites a new era of digital entertainment that is always connected, always personalized, and always in high definition.

Xbox 360 gives you access to the games you want to play, the people you want to play with, and the experiences you crave—when and where you want them.

Key Highlights:
    Hardware, software, and services: Unveiled to the world on MTV on Thursday, May 12, 2005, Xbox 360 represents a dramatic leap forward in high-definition gaming and entertainment experiences. Fusing powerful hardware, software, and services, Xbox 360 fully engages you in a gaming experience that is more expansive, dramatic, and lifelike, where the possibilities are limitless and your imagination knows no boundaries. The next generation is here.

Industrial design: A merger of form and function, Xbox 360 wraps powerful technology in a sophisticated exterior. Two of the most innovative design firms in the world—San Francisco-based Astro Studios and Osaka, Japan-based Hers Experimental Design Laboratory Inc.—came together to craft a sleek, stylish system that conveys the very essence of Xbox 360.

Xbox Gamer Guide: The Xbox Gamer Guide is an entertainment gateway that instantly connects you to your games, friends, music, movies, and downloadable content. Available at a touch of the Xbox Guide Button, the Xbox Gamer Guide gives you instant access to the experiences and content you want, from the gamer card of the player that just invited you to play online to new downloadable content for the game currently running.

Personalized interface: Xbox 360 lets you create your own unique system and experience. With interchangeable Xbox 360 Faces, it's easy and fun to change the appearance of your console. Switch on your system and customize the look and feel of the Xbox Gamer Guide and Xbox System Guide with unique "skins." From sleek and sophisticated to fun and funky, pick the Faces and skins that show your personality.

Ring of Light and Xbox Guide Button: Divided into four quadrants, the glowing Ring of Light and Xbox® Guide Button visually connect you to your games, digital media, and the world of Xbox Live™, the first global, unified online console games service. Featured on both the wireless and wired controllers, the Xbox Guide Button puts you in control of your experience. In addition to bringing up the Xbox Gamer Guide and the Xbox System Guide, the Xbox Guide Button lets you turn the system on and off without ever leaving the couch.
    Xbox Live: Xbox Live is where games and entertainment come alive, the only unified place where you can play with anyone, anytime, anywhere. And the best just got better. Connect your Xbox 360 to your broadband connection and get instant access to Xbox Live Silver. Express your digital identity through your Gamertag and gamer card, talk with others using voice chat, and access Xbox Live Marketplace—all right out of the box, at no extra cost. Upgrade to Xbox Live Gold and enter the exciting world of multiplayer online gaming. With intelligent matchmaking, access to all your achievements and statistics, video chat and video messaging, and an enormous selection of games, Xbox Live Gold delivers your competition, on your terms.

Xbox Live Marketplace: Keep your favorite games fresh with instant access to new content. Xbox Live Marketplace is a one-stop shop to download new game trailers, demos, and episodic content, plus new game levels, maps, weapons, vehicles, skins, and more. Accessible to everyone who establishes a broadband connection with their Xbox 360, Xbox Live Marketplace lets you personalize and extend your experience, on demand.

Games: Xbox 360 redefines what games look like, sound like, feel like, and play like to engage you like never before. With Xbox 360, epic worlds are alive with detail, from thunderous skies rumbling over a mountain range to tiny blades of grass rustling together in the breeze. Vibrant characters display depth of emotion to evoke more dramatic responses, immersing you in the experience like never before. You’ll see all Xbox 360 titles at 720p resolution in 16:9 widescreen, with anti-aliasing for smooth, movie-like graphics and multi-channel surround sound.

Digital entertainment: Amplify your music, photos, video, and TV. Watch progressive-scan DVD movies right out of the box. Rip music to the Xbox 360 hard drive and share your latest digital pictures with friends. Make the connection, and Xbox 360 instantly streams the digital media stored on your MP3 player, digital camera, Media Center PC, or any Microsoft® Windows® XP-based PC.
    Developed by the creators of the Xbox® video game system, Microsoft® Corporation's new line of Xbox 360™ system peripherals extend your digital entertainment experience on Xbox 360.
    Unlike any console before, Xbox 360 puts gamers at the center and gives you the freedom to personalize your gaming experience however you see fit. Xbox 360 Faces make it easy and fun to change the face of your console. Change your Faces whenever you like to match your personality, your mood, or your wild side. So flip it, switch it, or leave it be, and express your unique sense of style.
    Interchangeable faceplates allow you to express yourself and create a one-of-a-kind system.
    Find cool, customizable, cutting-edge designs that are fun to change.
    Faces are highly versatile, with multiple designs to choose from.
    Faces are designed for easy switching.
    Maintain full functionality of your system, regardless of which Face you choose.
    Pick up copies of the collectable limited-edition Faces.

Memory Unit:
    Further enhancing the gaming experience, Xbox 360 Memory Units allow you to save your in-game achievements and unique gamer profiles. The Memory Units are easily portable and enable quick and easy access to previously established benchmarks, putting you in control of your games and your lifestyle. You can save your games, your Xbox Live™ profile, and more with Xbox 360 Memory Units.
    Transport your Memory Unit in the portable carrying case that fits on your keychain.
    The Memory Unit (64 MB) requires no setup. Just plug it in, and you can save your favorite games.
    Xbox 360 holds up to two Memory Units, so you can easily upgrade to more storage space.

Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote :
    The Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote was engineered to serve as your integrated control center for the entire Xbox 360 experience. Enter a new world of digital entertainment with the touch of a single button. Play DVD movies and music, plus control your TV and your Media Center PC with one controller. The centralized, glowing Xbox Guide Button gives you quick access to your digital movies, music, and games library, and backlit buttons make the keypad easy to see in a darkened home theater. So kick back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
    Power your Xbox 360 system on or off without leaving the couch.
    The Xbox Guide Button allows for easy navigation of the Xbox Gamer Guide.
    The Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote includes control buttons for your music, pictures, and more.
    The Xbox 360 supports progressive-scan for DVD playback functionality, including a control for opening and closing the tray.
    The remote supports universal TV and console functionality, including volume and mute buttons and up-and-down channel changing.
    Windows® XP Media Center Edition Button and Media Center Edition functionality are featured.
    A, B, X, and Y buttons are included for basic control of your Xbox 360 system, even without a controller.
    Numbered and backlight keypad gives you full functionality, even in the dark.

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller :
    High-performance wireless gaming is here! Using optimized technology, the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller lets you enjoy a 30-foot range and up to 40 hours of life on two AA batteries—and when they run low, you're given ample warning so you can connect a Play & Charge cable for uninterrupted play. Plug the Xbox 360 Headset into the controller for full duplex voice communication: a wireless first. With quick access to Xbox 360 features including DVDs, music, pictures, and more, along with the ability to support four wireless controllers simultaneously, gamers can experience wireless freedom, precision, high quality, and performance for endless gameplay.
    It's cordless—no cables to plug in—with a 30-foot wireless range.
    The controller features integrated 2.4GHz high-performance wireless technology.
    New and improved ergonomic design enables maximum comfort and endless gameplay.
    New left and right shoulder buttons are designed for ease of use.
    Two analog pressure-point triggers, two vibration feedback motors, and one eight-way directional pad are included.
    Experience an unprecedented level of Rumble Control. Set the Rumble Control to Full, Medium, Low, or Off to match your personal preference.
    The Xbox Guide Button at the center of the controller gives you quick access to all your favorite Xbox 360 system activities, such as watching movies, listening to music, contacting friends on Xbox Live, and customizing your gaming experiences. Easily jump to the Xbox Gamer Guide or Xbox Live Marketplace.

Xbox 360 Controller:
    Based on the acclaimed design of the Xbox Controller S, the Xbox 360 Controller features an extended nine-foot cable and an improved ergonomic design. The centralized, glowing Xbox Guide Button grants you quick access to your digital movie, music, and games libraries. The ultimate in gamer flexibility, precision, control, quality, and comfort are all yours.
    New and improved ergonomic design enables maximum comfort and endless gameplay.
    New left and right shoulder buttons are designed for ease of use.
    Two analog pressure-point triggers, two vibration feedback motors, and one eight-way directional pad are included.
    The controller includes a nine-foot (nearly three-meter) break-away controller cable.
    Experience an unprecedented level of Rumble Control. Set the Rumble Control to Full, Medium, Low, or Off to match your personal preference.
    A port for your Xbox 360 Headset is included.
    The Xbox Guide Button at the center of the controller gives you quick access to all your favorite Xbox 360 system activities, such as watching movies, listening to music, contacting friends on Xbox Live, and customizing your gaming experiences. Easily jump to the Xbox Gamer Guide or Xbox Live Marketplace.

Xbox Live Camera :
    The Xbox Live Camera for Xbox 360 opens up a new world of gaming and entertainment on Xbox Live, the world’s premier online video games service. With the Xbox Live Camera, video chat and video messaging with your friends becomes more than just a feature set; it is an integrated part of the Xbox Live experience. Connect and communicate while playing the same or different games, watching movies, listening to music, and more.
    The Xbox Live Camera also takes personalization to a whole new level and allows you to customize your gaming experience by putting your face on characters in your games, all while being able to video chat with your friends as you play online. And with next-generation online motion-detection-enabled games, the Xbox Live Camera puts you entirely in the game and in control of the on-screen characters over Xbox Live.
    High-end online camera supports up to VGA 640x480 video at 30 frames per second and takes 1.3-megapixel still photos.
    The camera includes a microphone that connects to the controller, so everyone in the room can chat online with their friends.
    The camera supports built-in video chat and video messaging on Xbox Live.
    Your face can be imported into games and can also be placed next to your name on leader boards for even more recognition or fame.
    Chat with your friends while you play online in Xbox 360 games as well as in the Xbox Live Arcade.

Xbox 360 Headset :
    The Xbox 360 Headset heightens the experience of the unprecedented online gaming community, Xbox Live, allowing you to strategize with teammates, trash-talk opponents or just chat with friends while playing your favorite games. You can record and leave short voice messages for friends or family through the free Xbox Live Message Service or connect with buddies online using the headset in place of the phone. Turn it up or turn it down, and experience the most intense gaming experience possible.
    Boom microphone can be adjusted for optimal sound quality.
    In-line volume control and mute switch let users adjust the headset volume or switch mute on and off easily.
    Noise-canceling microphone improves game response to voice commands, and provides crisp and clear voice communication.
    Lightweight, over-the-head design enables comfortable use.
    The headset plugs directly into either the Xbox 360 Controller or Xbox Wireless Controller for easy use.

Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter:
    Designed for versatility and ease, the Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter enhances your Xbox 360 experience in the digital home, seamlessly synchronizing with the Xbox 360 system. You can easily transfer videos and music to your Xbox 360 system from your Media Center PC, chat with your friends, play games via Xbox Live, and more—all without the clutter of wires.
    The Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter is highly versatile and supports 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11a.
    The Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter is powered seamlessly by your Xbox 360 gaming console, so there's no external power adapter to plug in.
    You can transfer high-definition video and CD-quality music from your Media Center PC to your Xbox 360 via 802.11a wireless media support.
    Xbox 360™ is an integrated music, picture, games, and movie center.
    Use the camera to video chat or send video messages to friends across the globe via Xbox Live™.
    Stream recorded television, videos, movies, music, and photos from your Windows® XP Media Center PC straight to your Xbox 360. Enjoy all your digital entertainment on demand throughout your home with one integrated system.
    Play progressive-scan DVD movies right out of the box.
    Connect your portable music device to enjoy your favorite music while playing a game or chatting with friends online.
    Listen to FM and Internet radio.
    Receive game invites from friends while playing games, watching movies, or listening to music.
    Enjoy and share your digital photos with friends and family.
    Keep in touch with instant messaging via Windows Messenger and Xbox Live.
    Get one-button access to the Xbox Guide, an entertainment gateway that instantly connects players to the Xbox 360 experience: your games, your friends, your music.

Xbox 360 Game Publishers:
    2K Games
    Activision, Inc.
    Atari®
    Bandai Co. Ltd.
    Bethesda Softworks
    Buena Vista Games
    Capcom
    Codemasters
    Eidos
    Electronic Arts FromSoftware Inc.
    KOEI
    Konami Digital Entertainment
    Majesco Games
    Microsoft Game Studios
    Midway Games, Inc.
    Namco Hometek Inc.
    Phantagram Ltd.
    Rockstar Games
    SEGA®
    Tecmo®
    THQ®
    Ubisoft
    Vivendi Universal Games
    Webzen
    Xbox 360 Software :
    2 Days to Vegas
    Publisher: TBD
    Developer: Steel Monkeys
    Genre: Third-Person Action
    Alan Wake
    Publisher: TBD
    Developer: Remedy
    Genre: Action
    Blue Dragon
    Publisher: Microsoft
    Developer: Mistwalker
    Genre: RPG
    Call of Duty 2
    Publisher: Activision
    Developer: Infinity Ward
    Genre: First-Person Shooter
    Condemned
    Publisher: SEGA
    Developer: Monolith Productions
    Dark Sector
    Publisher: TBA
    Developer: Digital Extremes
    The Darkness
    Publisher: Majesco
    Developer: Starbreeze AB
    Demonik
    Publisher: Magesco
    Developer: Terminal Reality
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Publisher: Bethesda Softworks/ 2K Games
    Developer: Bethesda Softworks
    Genre: RPG
    Frame City Killer
    Developer: Namco
    Publisher: Namco
    Genre: Action-Adventure
    Gears of War
    Developer: Epic Games
    Genre: Third-person shooter
    Ghost Recon 3
    Publisher: Ubisoft
    Developer: Ubisoft
    Genre: Shooter
    The Godfather
    Publisher: Electronic Arts
    Developer: Electronic Arts
    Genre: Action-Adventrue
    Kameo: Elements of Power
    Developer: Rare
    Genre: Third-Person Adventure
    King Kong
    Publisher: Ubisoft
    Developer: Ubisoft
    Genre: Action-First-person shooter
    Lost Odyssey
    Developer: Mistwalker
    Madden 06
    Developer:
    Genre:
    NBA 2K6
    Publisher: 2K Games
    Developer: Visual Concepts
    Genre: Sports
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    Developer: EA Canada
    Genre: Racing
    Ninety-Nine Nights
    Developer: Q Entertainment
    Perfect Dark Zero
    Developer: Rare
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    Developer: Bizarre Creations
    Quake IV
    Developer: id Software
    Test Drive Unlimited
    Publisher: Atari
    Developer: Eden Games
    Tiger Woods 06
    Publisher: EA Sports
    Developer: EA Sports
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
    Developer: Neversoft
    Tomb Raider Legend
    Publisher: Eidos
    Developer: Crystal Dynamics
    Genre: Adventure
    Saint's Row
    Publisher: THQ
    Developer: THQ
    Genre: Third-Person Action
    Unreal Tournament 2007
    Publisher: Midway
    Developer: Epic

http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/xbox2/xbox-360.html

4. T4spartan

T4spartan Regular member

So yeah thats exactly why Im getting an xbox 360.

Hey 00Gravity you sound as if you work for microsoft with all that info you put. By the way you also sound like someone here at afterdawn who got banned out(no offence). There was some guy named Zinn going around afterdawn posting up a whole bunch of info trying to convince sony fans to get xbox 360. Well he use to do that until he got banned a couple of days ago. Althogh I also love the Ps3 I say "Go Xbox 360"!

Well Peace Out!...hmm...*thinks for a while* (no they cant be the same person)

5. 00Gravity

00Gravity Member

none taken, i guess i do kinda sound like him. except i don't care who gets what, until sony comes up with something to prove that the 360 is lying about something, i'm with microsoft. plus zinn seemed a little crazy sometimes, like he didn't always knew what he was talking about. he sounded like he was trying to take over the world.

but anyway, when you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance. The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment.

However, hardware performance, while important, is only a third of the puzzle. Xbox 360 is a fusion of hardware, software and services. Without the software and services to power it, even the most powerful hardware becomes inconsequential. Xbox 360 games—by leveraging cutting-edge hardware, software, and services—will outperform the PlayStation 3.

go to http://www.majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-1-of-4/ to see the charts

6. shola

shola Guest

To tell you the truth i just came on this thread and i been reading it and im sorry to say that yea 00Gravity you do sound like Zinn it's not that i care but damn it's likie he came from the grave of Inactive lol im just sayin i found a Zinn post just like yours please i don't think anybody would care if you re- registered i mean alot of people do it. So what do your thing man. Ok ok back to the game situation im going to have to go with both of them i don't care about all this stuff there putting up i mean im going to have the money to get both so who cares if somebody like ps3 or xbox more than the other im not a MS fanboy or a PS3 fanboy im all about the games i know there going to have diff. ones and also some same for each system so ill get both. And let me say this you can't convince a PS3 lover to buy a xbox and the same goes for the PS3. Really get what you want or what you can afford. But also let me say this don't get me wrong there might be someone that's new to all this so yea i guess this thread is ok. But to tell the truth WHO really Cares???

7. 00Gravity

00Gravity Member

That's what i've been tryin' to say, that's why i'm not like that zinn guy. he's more commpulsive.

me, i'm an immpuslive thinker. the ps3 still have titles such as tekken, and GTA. the games evrybody love. I have never in my life met someone who dislikes GTA. This is why i'm getting the ps3. don't get me wrong though, i'm still getting the 360, it's just that since the ps has been out longer, i already know what to expect from them. and they promises some of the greatest titles ever. hopefully ms will do the same, but if not. i'll have the ps3 too so it won't matter. once nintendo reveals more i might get that as well ;).

*thinking* ( i can't believe they think i'm someone else, are we that much a like?.......)

8. 2kwic

2kwic Guest

Damn Shola you took the words right out of my mouth.But the only difference is that i love playstation more. yea xbox might be cheaper but i don't care im going to get the PS3 no matter what and i think people got there mind pretty much made up so there no need to get mad. The only thing i don't like it when people think they know everything. not talking to you 00g so don't even reply to me. come on peole already know that when you have comp. of course your going to say your better MS say it better than PS3 and the PS3 would say it's better than MS so you really don't know what to believe.

9. dammsaint

dammsaint Member

As i see all of you are spending your time because in video games what you see is dont what you get. we have to wait the launch of both consoles and play many games.

i allready have the 3 consoles, and i like halo, halo 2, ninja gaiden (the best of all games for me), those games are for xbox only. i like mario kart, resident evil 4, zelda ww, those games are only for nintendo. god of war! uffff exelent game, final fantasy X, ect.

the point is just have fun, each conse have diferent games and use, all consoles are great.

here i see pleople writing things without now anything, i read this on the first page :

"Xbox 360 only has three 32-bit cores at 3.2Ghz. The cell processor coming on the workstations from IBM is said (by sony) to use the same processor. This processor is a four core 9 cell cpu operating at ">4Ghz", the ninth cell is 64-bit, sweet, but a single 64-bit compatible cell may have no place on the PS3"

thats no true, the xbox has 3 procesors, they called cores, the ps3 have 1 procesor with 7 cores, cores as the pentium 4 hipertreading technology (2 cores). ps3 has an advantage as far as floating points talks about, but the xbox has more processing power. (I am not defending to neither single I am clarifying).

wait for the launching and you enjoy all!!!

10. 00Gravity

00Gravity Member

well put 2kwic and dammsaint, i believe we have no choice but to wait and see as well. my plan is to just get the 360 for christmas, and do something constructive during the summer to buy the ps3 when it comes out.

ps: does anyone knows the release date on the revolution
    do i really sound like zinn, i mean come on.... how bizzare is that

11. velascoj2

velascoj2 Member

As far " Thefacts" previous explanation: Well I do agree with most of it. However If I'm think correctly his facts on the cell processor are not correct( I could be wrong) True that cell was mostly design to push huge amounts of floating point and conjunction of the gpu to be able to process more sheders than xbox on graphics texture equations. However His explanation of rsx using the Ultra 6800 as a base for hypothesis on rsx final performance seem real enough. But there is a discrepancy that his math seem good when adding the cpu and gpu bandwidth to an overall performance of 48gb. But sony claim to reach instead 35gbs ( doesn't add up doesn’t it). Sony had also claimed that the 6800 not be used as comparison since the generation of the rsx gpu is very drastically different that 6800 that negating the validity of the assumption previously stated. The gpu was strictly custom design to compensate for the short coming of cell and that utilizing the cpu as what it does best( Sound all good but all of it can also be bull by Sony). The fact that does not seem correct is that the cell 8 spe's 1 of the 8 for redundancy, all have their individual 256k l2 cache adding extra 512k cache to double the amount of cache the xbox has( Kuturagi did show a diagram of the cell showing the individual ram placement on the processor, but I could be wrong). True that sony messed up with ps2 but they did Deliver what they promised with the psx. Every company over hypes, so does Microsoft, Nintendo, Sega it's call marketing) I admit that did not know that the gpu of the xbox has 330 M transistors, from what I read it only had 150M transistors ( I may have to look back on that one).

It is true how is the ps3 gpu get a performance of 2 teraflops, honestly I do not know, But at this point no one knows since the info on the gpu is ulimately inconclusive( Maybe Sony knows that the rest of the numbers are indeed of lower spec to xbox, but still speculation). Ati graphic card does have more info revealed though.
    k on the most efficient developer friendly as possible

12. velascoj2

velascoj2 Member

apologize for my english grammar on previous post, but I rushed through it.
    cheers

13. 00Gravity

00Gravity Member

So what you're saying is noone but sony knows how powerful the ps3 truly is.

14. rap4life

rap4life Guest

So what you're saying is noone but sony knows how powerful the ps3 truly is.
    will the new xbox have a RPG game out buy its release date?

15. Strazza

Strazza Guest

wat do you think about the next gen controllers. in my opinion the ps3 ones look really uncomfortable and probably wouldnt be very good for fps games (my favourite game type). on the other hand the 360s controllers look perfect for pretty much anything as far as i can tell. just my opinion.
    ps. i think that the xbox 360 will end up being the top console

16. rap4life

rap4life Guest

That's what i've been tryin' to say, that's why i'm not like that zinn guy. he's more commpulsive.

me, i'm an immpuslive thinker. the ps3 still have titles such as tekken, and GTA. the games evrybody love. I have never in my life met someone who dislikes GTA. This is why i'm getting the ps3. don't get me wrong though, i'm still getting the 360, it's just that since the ps has been out longer, i already know what to expect from them. and they promises some of the greatest titles ever. hopefully ms will do the same, but if not. i'll have the ps3 too so it won't matter. once nintendo reveals more i might get that as well ;).
    I have Halo, got it late and it had demos, if u get a game later it could be better.

17. rap4life

rap4life Guest

wat do you think about the next gen controllers. in my opinion the ps3 ones look really uncomfortable and probably wouldnt be very good for fps games (my favourite game type). on the other hand the 360s controllers look perfect for pretty much anything as far as i can tell. just my opinion.
    ps. i think that the xbox 360 will end up being the top console
    i like the white and black buttons.

18. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Like I said before, Sony was put in a real bind because the one real strength of the PS2 was the dual-shock controller, but they had to change the design becasue they were sued. So low and behold they came out with the boomerang design that looks unconfortable, but Im sure sony is not stupid and it should be very confortable , also, it does not look very compact.

the 360 controller on the other hand looks very well thought out. The put the white and black button where it should be, but keept the trigger buttons (which will be awesome for FPS games). The 360 button is awesome and I like the idea you can power the machine through the 360 button. my only gripe is the start and back buttons. I liked the S-Controller design, but this controller is supposed to be smaller (and Lighter) than the S-Controller so Im assuming it wont be uncomfortable to hit those buttons.

The real wildcard here is the Revolution controller. I know there are no pics as of yet, but because the ability to download all of the NES - N64 games, it is going to be interesting on its design.

19. velascoj2

velascoj2 Member

I personaly never liked the ps controller. xbox is not very good either. But I do like the look of the 360 (the system does look better as well) over the ps3(looks to be unconfortable.

cheers

20. kanum

kanum Member

subscribing to thisa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.