1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. N. Revolution

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by solargame, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Is it my comp or the pics. Coz i cant c the last 4 ps3 pics.

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

maybe your pc because I can see them.

3. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Is the PS3 really gonna have free online play so that whenever you can log on you can find someone or is there gonna be some kind of mile range if you're not paying...

4. pmaknelho

pmaknelho Regular member

Does anyone know if the PS3 will support backups of PS2 games without some type of mod?

5. dominator

dominator Regular member

6. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

That's the PS3?

LOL

Looks like auto-erotica apparatus!

Get real guys, Xbox owns in the online department...and what the hell does system specs have anything to do with it?

According to you Sony fanboys, specs don't matter (at least that's what you said about the PS2 when the Xbox wiped the walls with it), but that's all you have on the PS3...specs. You say it's the game library that matters, and you have no idea what games are gonna come out yet.

Prove it.

Ha, you can't.

Dorks.

7. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

LOL

And by the way, I wouldn't be caught dead with that gay ass conroller in my hand!

8. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

ive modded my ps3 already!

http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=ps3grill.1.JPG

and stop getting arsey because you should be glad we have 2 kick arse systems coming out that can almost match a pc system!

ive got both an xbox and a ps2, and im sorry to say xbox owns the online market, but you have to pay! but i dnt mind coz im sick of goin online with the ps2 and there be no one on it to play

both machines look good so we will have to see which one wins the game manufacturers over

Last edited: May 17, 2005
  9. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Sweet mod! LOL

Oh I agree, paying for online, sucks...but at least we know people are being paid around the clock to make sure the servers are up and running...how long can a free online game stay up and running 24/7, especially after as sequel has launched.
    You get what you pay for, in the long run.

And Xbox live is worth every penny.

10. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

yeah that mod is wicked and i would like to call it the "grill" top lol!

AtariBorn is right, i had fifa 2004, tried to play online and there were like 4 people

so i went out and bought 2005 and there were alot more plus ea's 2004 server was always breaking!

11. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

I hate it when people talk about game catalogs like it is the end all of what a system is. who cares how many games there are, all I care about how good the games are, not how many there are. Anyways there are no way anyone is going to purchase all the games in a catalog. Plus, A game could look real cool, but if it doesnt play well, who cares?

12. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

by the way, have you seen the Nintendo Revolution. It looks better than I though and it looks real small.

[​IMG]

13. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

i saw the pics and it does look cool

but has anyone seen a spec list? nintendo are keeping tight lipped on it i think

i would like to see a spec list though

14. luther1

luther1 Guest

I dont know too much about the PS3 but I know enough to calculate that XB360 will be better overall. Sony can not make up for performance by producing more games. I dont know many people who would by a PS2 over an xbox because of PS2 has 20 different versions of Crash Bandicoot.

Removed

This better explains the capabilities and functions of the XB360. It is in torrent form. This may change some minds.

-Luther

No direct links - flip218

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2005
  15. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

There are really aren't very much on it out yet, but nintendo says it wont be as powerful as the 360 and the ps3. They did say it is going to be about 4-5 more powerful than the gamecube, it is going to be teh worlds smallest home gaming console ever built. It is going to be wireless out of the box and through the new nintendo online service you will be able to download game roms from all of their older systems (NES, S-NES, N64) and will be able to play the gamecube games as well. It is also going to be priced way cheaper than 360 and ps3, but no price point has been set because the other systems prices havent been released yet either. Experts have been thinking it will be priced sub-$200.

16. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

I've been watch G4TechTv at the E3 conferences and wow the Graphics of the PS3 just blow the Xbox 360 out of the water.. Believe it or not....

G4techtv.com may have info from the conference on the website..... Check it out.... but from the Demos of games and proposed games that I've seen for both systems the PS3 RULES Supreme.... but with these cosoles not set to be released until next year Microsoft has a chance to catch up and make inprovements...

17. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

the graphic output are about the same, but the cpu power of the ps3 is better.

18. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

19. Xian

Xian Regular member

The look of the PS2 contorller was a surprise, I am sitting here looking at one almost identically boomerang shaped - the original Microsoft Sidewinder PC gamepad. To be honest, the Sidewinder was a lot more comfortable to hold than the Xbox controller, even with the unusual shape. I will reserve judgement until I actually get to play with one, I am sure that Sony has did plenty of usability tests on it.

As I said in the 2nd post in this topic, I think it will come down to what titles are available for what system. I usually avoid the fan boy wars and if I can afford it I will get both systems. I had an Amiga and Atari ST, N64 and PS1, and PS2 and Gamecube. Online play isn't a selling point for me because most of the online games I have seen are shooters and sports games, neither of which I am into. I would rather play World of Warcraft or another MMORPG on the PC if I want online play.

Both machines have impressive specs so it looks like there will be good times to be had no matter which system you go with. I am most interested in seeing the title lineups than anything else.

20. cmmnsense

cmmnsense Guest

The specs are out tards. The Xbox 360 has nothing on the PS3. The processors provide the greatest example. The Xbox has a three core processor at 3.2 GHz apiece. The PS3 has a 8 SPE processor, 7 of which are used, one less reserved for “redundancy”, each SPE operates at the same rate as the Xbox’s cores, 3.2Ghz the SPE or “cell” performs just like another core, and I will consider them cores myself.

Next is the graphics card. Xbox graphic’s card is 500MHz w/ 10MB embedded DRAM (the system 512MB (700 MHz) supports it too, slow compared to 256 at 3.2GHz+256 at 700MHz). The PS3 has a 550MHz graphics processor w/256MB of GDDR3 VRAM running at 700MHz. Don’t forget the PS3 has 100 billion shaders on the Xbox 360’s 48 billion. The Xbox 360 doesn’t even support the high def format 1080p of the near future, PS3 has two outputs 1080p, Xbox is only 1080i.

PS3 supports 7 controllers Bluetooth Xbox 360 only supports four. Blueray discs are far larger than hd-dvd discs, i.e. Twice as big. The list goes on and will become even larger when Xbox finally will release some in-depth specs like the ones PS3 already has. The PS3 packs an overall 512MB RAM, 256 at 3.2GHz and another 256MB at 700MHz the Xbox has 512 at 700MHz.

The PS3 has the Xbox beat everywhere except small things like the L2 cache size. Some websites are calling the PS3 a single core 3.2GHz processor, that’s crap; the 7 SPE’s at 3.2GHz are twice as powerful as Xbox’s piece of junk processor. The PS3 has more Rj-45 connectors one input, two output (that’s a router ass), USB, it even has memory stick slots! The PS3 is hands down going to rape the meager Xbox 360. Atariborn, how can you possibly base your argument off the old system battle and a controller. It takes one serious dumbass to go for a system with 1 TFLOP overall system floating point performance versus the PS3's 2 TFLOP overall system floating point performance. PS3 is twice the machine and I guarantee it won't be near twice the price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.