1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. N. Revolution

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by solargame, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcanix

arcanix Active member

That revolution looks so crappy. No one has been interested in nintendo since the 8-bit. They're propably going to give it for free so people would buy more of their 2d mariogames (or other marioshit like golf, tennis, kart... you name it we blame it), just like gamecube. Nowadays main character of game must have more than 4 colours in it.

2. ryder101

ryder101 Guest

Let us all say that the PS3 is and looks alot better than that XBOX 360.

3. luther1

luther1 Guest

The thing is, no one will know until they are both out and put up against each other. I know for a fact that performance, spex, etc. themselves (although related,) are nothing compared to the fun factor and user friendliness. I will say that some Atari 2600 games will rival games of the future and win because they are fun to play and easyily operated. Does that mean Atari 2600 is a better machine? Of course not it only means that people will use the machine that they enjoy. We have yet to find out the way that the PS3 will operate, until we all know that, the speed in which it operates is irrelevant. The 360 is a complete user friendly gaming environment. This is a must if we are to believe that the PS3 will triumph over the 360. I had a PS2 long before I had an XBOX and the reason I switched is because the XBOX was simply more fun to me. But I do think a lot of 360's will go up for sale (or up on the shelf) when the PS3 arrives...

LF

4. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Don't try to mind fusk everyone with your techie jargon...you know damn well, that the processor in the Xbox360 is not junk. It's more power than you've ever touch in a console. You can go TFlop yourself, oh and by the way, more proccessors does not = better system. The Sega Saturn had 8 processors in it, and it was way too difficult to program for.

If you're gonna be a fan boy get your facts straight. One fact that everyone here knows, is YOU don't know shit, for all you know, both systems could be cancelled next month due to World War III.

Stop kidding yourself, if YOUR system was so powerful, why would you waste your time writing such a big post, and why get so offended??

Fanboy off!!!

5. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Oh yeah, and since when did the L2 cache become a small thing?

You really are a moron.

6. DuskHrZ

DuskHrZ Member

It's all about the games, Halo 3 will sell a lot of XBOX360s and Metal Gear Solid 4 should sell a lot of PS3s.

I'd say the XBOX beat the PS2 in this generation due to PS2's most popular games being released and vastly improved on the XBOX (GTA3+VC)

XBOX has the best selling game with HALO2
    Nintendo has the best selling console with the DS

It also seems that the Gamecube has the most popular game in Resident Evil 4 which seems to be sold out everywhere in the UK (too bad it came so late) although a PS2 version is said to be on it's way, however with the PS2 not being as good graphically as the Gamecube I can't see RE4 being improved for the PS2, just a basic port it would seem.

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  7. coloboxp

coloboxp Member

AtariBorn:

Yes, we had the titles, and its really obius, even my grandma knows what we will have the same titles, does not exist a reason to doubt that. But now with amazing specs, wow, too much better! it has nothing bad!

And, be reallistic, the xbox comes years later, so obiously it arrived with more powerful specs! Now the consoles are in a contest, the next generation is now and now we could compare they with the same standard. no more advanced console wich arrives later to the market.

8. DuskHrZ

DuskHrZ Member

After watching the XBOX360 conference at E3, the 360 seems to have some crazy software, tune in your tv and record?

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  9. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

LOL. I agree with everything that AtariBorn has said, anywho to be honoust PS3 seems to have huge improvements in their graphics (I know, I know, it's not about just the specs ¬_¬) and the Xbox 360 didnt seem to improve as much (obvious reasons their anyway). And somebody tell me about "The Superchip" Sony was to put in the PS3.

10. hovabyte

hovabyte Guest

What a waste of time. Which ever console you choose you'll never get a game that will show the consoles true potential anyway, The next generation of games you'll only notice subtle differences in graphics with the trained eye. Sony fans are gloating about the ps3 being much more powerful than the 360 but if they where so concerned about power they would have had an xbox and not a ps2.
    As for microsoft, It seems theyve just learnt from the hackers. This new system seems like Evolution X on a Faster console or am i the only way to notice this. (media centre, Video streaming, Custom Dashboard?)
    And as for the games The fact that sony has so many games wont wash. Go Into any game store any you'll see there not much to call between either console these days. each console has its own great titles but so many are multi console. The last couple of months Xbox have had an onslaught of great games while sony have only had a hit with gt4.
    The new consoles are so much cheaper than when there predessesors where realease my advice would be to by both and end this console fan war.
    The true war is against the corparate giants Microsoft and Sony, so as soon as you can.....
    ....GET IT CHIPPED!!

11. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Either way, I'm gonna have some fun. I'll eventually get both.

Game on!

12. Hajduk

Hajduk Member

Yea, it'll support both PS2 and the original PS games. To help clear one thing up, the PS will whip X360 in terms of power, there is absolutely no disagreement on that. Just look at the specs. However, in terms of library, XBOX will probably have more this time around. How about the Nintendo Revolution. That’s sure to be powerful. Its in line to compete with the original XBOX. Good stuff.

13. solargame

solargame Regular member

The thing i like about the revolution is 2 small facts.
    1. backwards compatable to every previous nintendo system.
    2.super smash bros online.
    other that that ps3 is perfect.
    i probably cant get it cuase i have spent almost 400 on my psp so far.
    Fu**, i should have waited.

14. solargame

solargame Regular member

15. stevo4

stevo4 Member

word has it that xbox 360 will have 25-40 games at launch and already has 160 games in development. Things are looking like they might have the upper hand in the games departement especially working with square enix, EA will work with M$ more closely as well as some others. One things is for sure PS3 will not out sell xbox 360 4 to 1 like PS2 did to xbox.

16. section8

section8 Member

Exactly right Stevo. Does it always have to be me that tells fools that no matter how fast a processor is, no matter how fat the memory bandwidth, and no matter how much VRAM a GPU has, it all depends on the software. And let me tell you that the original Xbox still has a ways to go to reach its maximum potential. The Xbox will be far less in price than the PS3. Just go to Gamespot.com/x360/index.html and see for yourself how many great games will be out at launch.

Also, Microsoft already announced that they plan to release Halo 3 in the same WEEK as PS3.

17. section8

section8 Member

** The Xbox 360 will be far less in price **

18. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Far Far less in price... For the people stating what sony had over M$... well let's see everything there putting in this system is never before used.. witch means it's going to be a bigger challange for developers yes it's a good thing to put something new in your system but not everything lol price tag is gonan be huge and there gonna have to take a price cut just to compete w/ 360 witch means that maybe even the game prices will be more... we'll see

19. section8

section8 Member

Also, IBM is having trouble fixing a big overheating problem with the Cell.

20. 2kwic

2kwic Guest

Ok people say "I had a ps2 then i swiched to xbox because the xbox was way better" look ps2 came out in 99 xbox came out in 01 hell yea xbox had to be better than the ps2 or what was the use of making it i had a xbox and it was cool but when i found out that you can burn ps2 games i went in and traded it yea you can do the same with xbox but the ps2 was easier. So i guess im not a true xbox fan i like the ps2 and ps3 better than xbox around this time thats just MY opinion ya can't hate me for that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.