1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. N. Revolution

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by solargame, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burn_89

Burn_89 Member

hello maams, might i inquire what all the talk about this crap is? Why dont we all wait till the systems come out then bitch about which is better then? Burn out!

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Because, people just like to make meaningless posts.

3. theLogue

theLogue Guest

I have read tons and tons of stuff people are writing on these forums but no one is really saying anything. The Playstation people were all about gameplay is more important than numbers but now they change their minds when they MIGHT have better numbers( If its not way over exaggerated like the crap-tastic emotion engine was). Make up your mind...is it about how fun the games are...or the numbers. The gap between the ps2 and xbox was a much wider gap than the 360 and ps3 gap. Microsoft has a MUCH better marketing strategy..they are covering all the bases and i guarantee that the whole Tflop bullsh*t will never amount to anything...the original xbox has still not used up all its potential..by the time either system comes anywhere near pushing 1 tflop of performance it will be time for ps4 and whatever microsoft puts together.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2005
  4. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

I agree, let's just all hope there is anough of a gap between the two system launches to be able to afford both!

5. theLogue

theLogue Guest

None of this really makes any sense at all. Microsoft is full of sh*t for saying their machine will push 1 teraflop and SONY is completely f*cking retarded for claiming they can do 2. Yeah they are both alot faster than the previous generation but the whole floating point performance thing isnt all that valid its just a sketchy measure to make the systems look good. Im sure that Microsoft could have put all new Barely tested crap in there machine and then measured it however they wanted to. They could have said that it operates at 9 teraflops and everyone would have been sayin PS3 is crap. The Cell isnt practical at all. The fact that they use blu-ray discs isnt even impressive.How long would it take to make a game that consists of 50 GB's of media..( will they have time to include a couple of those giant games before PS4)Thats a ridiculous addition to their system. I dont know about anyone else but ive never been sitting around playing games and thought " i wish i could see this on two tv's at once" I REALLY REALLY have to give props to Microsoft for having common sense..making a system as powerful as it needs to be..and not trying to slap together a bunch of experimental bullshit to win people over with numbers...remember the ps2..the emotion engine wasn't anywhere near what they said. MGS 2 didnt look nearly as good as it did at that years E3 either.

6. cmmnsense

cmmnsense Guest

I'm getting both, that's for sure. Don't rip on blu-ray because games aren't going to be that big. You will be able to buy blank ones and burn music movies pictures etc to them. I'd like to put ten full size movies on one disc and put it in. For those who fileshare and have amassed a 40GB ipod worth of MP3s the blu-ray discs are perfect. I don't want to argue with you anymore because it's dumb, but L2 cache, in my mind anyhow, became less significant when 256MB of the 512MB run at 3.2GHz(yeah it's prob still quicker I know). That's just me though, to each his own and to all, both systems on their launches.

7. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

The point is, unless you don't enjoy playing games (which is wierd because why are you playing games at all?), it all comes down to the quality, "funness", and basically which game library you'll like better. While right now, the XBOX360 titles are more well-developed in terms of media coverage, the PS3 titles look stunning. As in drop dead gorgeous. You can tell a clear difference between PS3 screenshots and XBOX360 screenshots, unlike PS2 and XBOX right now. But whatever, right?

Let me put it this way. The only next real step up on the PS3 graphics that I can see is photorealistic graphics. While graphics do not make a game great... those are some GREAT looking games and from the trailers I've seen, that is some GREAT looking gameplay. =) When I first saw the Killzone II trailer, I thought: "Wow, they're actually making a CGI movie in a first person perspective for a change."

When I learnt it was in-game graphics, I thought: "*insert a mass of multiple diverse swearwords*, THAT IS *insert swearword* GODDAMN *insert swearword* AMAZING!!!!!!! *insert excessive exclamation marks*"

If you haven't seen the trailers by now, which you OBVIOUSLY have done before replying to this thread, you better see them now. n_n

8. theLogue

theLogue Guest

The new killzone trailer is not actual gameplay footage...the fusking camera doesnt even follow the player most of the time..and there is no hud at all(i doubt they its not gonna have any kind of ammo/health gauge)...It is a CINEMATIC..yes its most likely gonna look really good but not quite that good. Sony talks a big game but they have piss poor execution..Honestly a dreamcast could play that same Movie..because thats all it is..a movie. Dont tell me that sony claims its actual gameplay because they are full of shit.

9. section8

section8 Member

lol Sony presented all their crap on a thrown-together powerpoint presentation. Ahhh, how I love Microsoft and all of their imperialistic glory. Anyway, half of the time I couldn't understand anyone in the Sony conference and also their speakers weren't very good. Reggie is da best! :p

10. theLogue

theLogue Guest

Im sorry but the sad fact is that 40-60% of sonys entire business is wrapped up in playstation. They cant afford to have a playstation product start to decline. Microsoft could introduce the xbox blow-up doll for a new version of doa beach volleyball(and watch it tank horribly) just for shits and giggles. They have money to try new things and not take that big of a hit. They are the richest company around with the riches man in the world. How the hell do you think he got to where he is. The mother fusker knows how to do business. BOTTOM LINE..When money is not an issue you can take crazy risks and crazy risks = crazy rewards!!!if microsoft is worried about ps3 supposedly being such beast then they would just add to their system...if they think that its fine how it is..i believe them and im gonna look forward to having the superior system next round XBOX muthafuggin 360. Have fun with your batarangs ill be playin FFXI on live.

11. theLogue

theLogue Guest

"Don't rip on blu-ray because games aren't going to be that big. You will be able to buy blank ones and burn music movies pictures etc to them. I'd like to put ten full size movies on one disc and put it in. For those who fileshare and have amassed a 40GB ipod worth of MP3s the blu-ray discs are perfect." -Cmmnsense

Ok how do you know that blank blu-ray discs will be available fairly soon..i doubt that the ps3 will support any kind of blu-ray disc that isnt specifically made for ps3 games. I dont even wanna think about how much a Blu-ray burning drive will cost.

12. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Im of the opinion that no matter how powerful the systems will be, we will never see its full potential. Every system made to date clout all of these specs, but never reach full potential because the next gen consoles are alway released. It happend with NES, SNES, N64, Xbox, PS2, PSone, and it will happen with the xbox 360 and the PS3. what going to end up happening is that the games are going to feel pretty much the same on both systems and run about the same speed (360 is touting 60fps Locked!) and by the time the game devolpers fiqure these damn systems out the PS4 and the Xbox 420 will be released.

13. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Actually I seen on SONYS website before them saying they will charge for online play on the next gen system...It was a while back but I do remember seeing it! This also blows! I cannot receive DSL or CABLE in my area and PS3 will only have ETHERNET plugin! So no online for me anyway

14. cmmnsense

cmmnsense Guest

PS3 has a b/g card in it ethernet ports. Thelogue is a fusking retard, blu-ray is sony's replacement for DVD, of course they are going to have BD recorders dumbass. I also never said anything about a BD recorder being avail. "soon". In the specs under disc media...

"Disc Media
    CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
    DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
    Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE"

What the fusk do you think a BD-R is tard. It's a FRIGGIN Blu-ray Disc Recordable you dumbfuck. WHY would sony have it read BD-R if the only thing that you think blu-ray will support is PS3 games. Are you so stupid you think they want us to pirate their games, and that's all they will let the PS3 do, is read copied PS3 games? Your just so poor you can't afford both, much less the PS3, you have to buy the Xbox 360. Move out of your parent's basement, and get your GED dumbfuck.

15. cmmnsense

cmmnsense Guest

...and ethernet ports, not a b/g card in the ports, excuse me.

16. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Dude Man, Chill. No need to flame here. lets face it, its all numbers until we see the games run on beta systems at the very least.

17. theLogue

theLogue Guest

Haha someone wants to make sweet love to a blu ray disc..No matter how much media it can hold it still doesnt hold up against the fact that the 360 can stream media from a computer. ..OH man this really isnt fun any more. Its so god damn obvious which system is gonna be better..but then again it was soo damn obvious who should have been the next president and look how bad that got fucked up. Whatever Im out. Spend more on less. Yeah yeah 2 teraflops..call me when it reaches those numbers. Killzone rocks because we all know thats REAL gameplay footage and not a cinematic..you fuckin shiteaters yeah right..

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2005
  18. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

In their press conference, they said that "Yes, all this footage is in game footage." and blah blah blah blah, and then they showed Killzone II. So either they were lying, or you are wrong.

I knew this thread would turn into a bunch of pointless posts sooner or later. Flame all you want, but keep in mind that no one really cares what you think.

19. Zinn

Zinn Guest

I'm gonna tell u all the truth...I'm not saying that xbox sucks, and i'm saying that the PS3 is all that great but..........Xbox wins.
    I'm sorry that's just the way it is. The Xbox will be $300 coming out in November. The PS3 will be $600 coming out spring 2006. So not only do u have to wait longer, but u also have to pay $300 more.

20. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

I think i'll stick with the pc. Unless you can go on the net and onto afterdawn that would be a wicked console.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.