1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. N. Revolution

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by solargame, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Despite all this endless bickering and arguing, flaming and the like, do you realise you have accomplished nothing? All of you, all this dicussion of 20 odd pages that will grow and grow, yet you desparately try to protect your "internet ego".

Do you realise that if you are not enjoying this conversation, you are getting nowhere? If you are not enjoying a dicussion, and your sole intent is to flame the opposition, being a "fanatic" as per WVengenance's signature, you have accomplished NOTHING. You have dedicated so much time writing those deliciate worded posts, yet you have accomplished NOTHING.

If you aren't enjoying this conversation you should really stop wasting your time.

Why did I make this post you wonder? What relevance does it have to PS3 and XBOX360? Well, most of you don't seem to be enjoying this argument. And if you're going to flame me, go ahead and waste your time.

2. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

Toiletman, it seems you waste just as much time reading it all.

3. solargame

solargame Regular member

how do you nthink we are not getting anywhere, before i started this thread, i was on sony's side, now im begining to think i should get the 360 which i never thought would happen. but i still need a little more of persuasion to get the 360.

4. Shealthed

Shealthed Member

man toiletman is rite becease wut will u accomplish the fact that u bested sum kid in canada or sum ol dud in florida,and that now ur gona go out and buy both lik really man it doesnt matter.

5. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

It's just that there is so much propaganda out there. Everyone should admit majornelson.com w/microsoft was the worst. That site led people to believe the 350 had 5 times the system bandwidth and 3 times the power. So wrong and misconstrued. Here, in this form we try to get through both sides crap. As much as we can without fanboys drooling rumors and theory in support of their precious 360. I've noticed that the 360 has a lot more newb support. The PS3 hasn't had anyone supporting it really, except for me.

The power of Halo I guess.

6. Shealthed

Shealthed Member

i dont really care i just got the PSP so im gona pis around on it 4 a while b4 i start back up wit this propaganda cause the psp rules and makes the DS go to the bargin bin at best buy lol jk to al;l u nintendo fans.

7. solargame

solargame Regular member

this thread is mainly for people who cant afford both and need to decide, not for people who are filthy rich and can get both, those kinda people can hep psruade others to there opinion.

8. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

I like both and am buying both. I'll be honest, I am all about the PS3 and would encourage that for everyone who can only buy one of the two.

9. WVengence

WVengence Member

Through conflict are we strengthened...

The idea is to have a community were we can state opinions and debate the validity of those opinions. Through debate and exposure to other opinions you might be able to gain a new or better understanding of the topics under debate. I don't think flaming or personal attacks are that great, but can be a side effect of the process. However, the process itself is extremely benficial by allowing the sharing of information and to try and expose rumor and myth through access to information that you might not know.

Reasons: I will have to disagree with you about the worst offenders. I really don't think that either side here is better or worse than the other in the PR game right now. There have been many shots fired by both sides, ALL of them misleading. I do agree that we can get together to cut through the crap, though.

Unfortunately, you are right to say that the 360 has more fanboy support though. Not that it is a good thing...

Toiletteman: You do make a good point that we should enjoy the conversation though. For the most part, I will say that I do enjoy the debate and reparte. I think we could use a little less flaming and a little more decorum and reason though...

10. solargame

solargame Regular member

so, okay does the 360 have a standard hard drive or not, i think ive heard it does and its 20 gb.

11. solargame

solargame Regular member

and this is a dumb question but did the original xbox have a hard drive and how many gigs was it?

12. xboxfool

xboxfool Member

the XB360 does come with a 20g removable hard drive

13. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

It's all about Halo. That is where Xbox really made it's fan support. Rightfully so, it was a hit.

14. solargame

solargame Regular member

well, it was a pretty good game.

15. WVengence

WVengence Member

I'm going to add here (imho) on Halo. I here people all the time say that they played Halo on the PC and it wasn't that great.

I believe that it was a great and revolutionary game for it's time. You had to play it through (again, lots of people say I played it at a friends) to truly appreciate the game and story. When it came out on the PC 3 years later, it was rather dated and didn't compare well to the games that came out with it, but on the Xbox, there was nothing like it at the time.

Sure, it wasn't for everyone, but obviously it was for a great many people, the best game on the xbox (and period, for that matter).

I'll also note that I wasn't a big fan of Halo 2 for the story, but the multiplayer on it is spectacular.

16. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

all i got to say about the xbox 360 is.

[​IMG]

17. dlm

dlm Member

those shots of PGR3 on bizarre creation's website seem to have been updated. they're now better, at least higher res, than the versions previously posted on ign

links:
    http://www.bizarreonline.net/news/images/studioupdate/nyshot2.jpg
    http://www.bizarreonline.net/news/images/studioupdate/nyshotnew.jpg

apparently the game will have a track editor (i.e. being able to set start/finish and checkpoints throughout the city) and cars will be modeled inside and out.

this really does portend well for the next gen consoles (yes both of them even though pgr3 is xbox360 exlusive) as clearly they are both going to be capable of pulling off some great graphics. hopefully innovative gameplay will be part of the deal.

--------------------

on a different topic what are people's thoughts on the controllers? Having big hands I'm a fan of the xbox controller and the 360 controller appears to be just refined version, but keeping the analog triggers and moving the black/white buttons above the triggers(great for driving games). the standard PS controller is a great controller, but seems more focused on digital rather than analog control (positioning of sticks/lack of analog triggers). the boomerang for the ps3 doesn't seem to change this much. I guess it's horses for courses, but the controller is a big part of the console experience and a reason i nowadays prefer console gaming to pc gaming.

18. pulsar

pulsar Active member

@ Toiletman, absolutely spot on! We seem to attract adolescent teenage spooty boys at the moment with this peurile debate. My toy is better than yours, sigh. The thread is filled with complete & absolute bull s**t. Rather like the eminem thread.
    For the love of God, when will the madness end?
    This debate just goes round & round & round & round......
    It does let us "more mature" amongst us see how childish some of these jackasses are.

I will probably get flamed for this. Like I am bothered. HAH!!!!

Bring it on!!!

If you dare

Pulsar

LMFAO!!!!!!

19. dr.cool

dr.cool Guest

seriouly what one will have better graphics

20. pulsar

pulsar Active member

And it just keeps going! I cannot believe it. What a dumb ass question!
    Why don't you wait & see?
    Why is there all this hype?

I am completely amazed at this thread. I am more amazed that I am wasting my time typing.

It's like comparing a Fireblade to a GSX-R 750. All down to personal choice.
    Why are we getting these stupid, stupid comments & even stupider(?) questions.

Crikey, I sound like Toiletman on one of his rants!

Not a bad thing! LOL. PS, no offence Toiletman!

Pulsar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.