1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. N. Revolution

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by solargame, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zinn

Zinn Guest

2. philipman

philipman Regular member

I like the xbox the best because you can mod it way better than the ps2.

3. theLogue

theLogue Guest

Ok guys my bad..i shouldnt get all foamin at the mouth its really not worth it..yeah they are both pretty good..both companies are stretching the truth..its gonna be a really close race. Something that really sold me on the xbox is that it seems like they put a whole lot of focus on the community aspect with Live and that sounds really cool..i wanna have friends and strangers all just ready to line up to get a beat down. J allards seems to have good common sense about what he wants to do with the next gen and it just really suits me and it sounds like the game system that i would like to have.

4. Zinn

Zinn Guest

Yea, that's the reason want the 360, u get xbox live free on weekends

5. solargame

solargame Regular member

hey zinn, it sounds like you work for microsoft or something, cuase you keep triple replying and sayin 360 is better. and stop with the CHEAPER BS. the xbox was nearly 2x more expensive that the ps3 at launch. and btw. the point that xbox will have 40 games at releas, big woop, a good game takes a year or 2 to make, not all slopply put together in 6 months,thats why most of sonys games always get delayed for a month or 2.GT$ was sent out almost a 3 months later that the original due date. that is becuase sony wanted to add more cars,AND THEY DID!!!
    microsof will just slop it together and sent it out.
    besides, what is holding bungie back from selling the halo series to the ps2 and ps3. think of the profits they could make. just like how rockstar sold GTA away, microsoft should be fair and sell Halo away.

6. solargame

solargame Regular member

hey guys i found out something funny, do a search on anything then it will have a second search option which is for user names. in the search user name type in zinn and tell me what you see.LOL this zinn kid makes me laugh with all his lies.

7. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Thanks man! at least one person is listening! LOL

Yeah, that is very wierd. Then I started thinking about it, bluetooth is such a dumb technology. it isnt very relible, but whatever, Im sure $ony threw in Bluetooth for the simple fact that it sounds good to newbies and common folk. Im sure if they wanted to they could had made it possible for 8 wireless controllers.

Not true. M$ said they will have 16 games on the launch date (just like the original xbox), but will have 40 within the first couple months. The also said they will have well over 100 titles within a year, including Halo 3 (which Im sure everyone knows will be released at the same time the PS3 comes out).

I love this fight M$ and $ony are having, they have to push each other for tech supremcy and we just benifit with great consoles, so no matter what we all win!

not true, XBL-Silver free all the time, XBL-Gold (the pay verison) free on the weekends.

WHAT! where in the hell did you read that! completely false. how would you even play a DS game anyway, there is no touch screen.

Very, Very True! I mean the thing that sold me was that it was, "expandable for the future!!!!" WOW, you can install a hdd that is good for only, what, 1 stinking game! Big Woop! Leave it to modders to make the expandable hdd have any use! That is why I like the modding scene!

BTW, I know everyone was bitching about how ugly the new PS3 controller is, but the fact is that $ony lost a lawsuit over the dual shock controller and are not allowed to produce it anymore (they can still sell the already produced ones how ever). They had to come up with a new original design, so that is why we have that boomerang design.

Hey I just though about something, maybe that design was made so if you get mad and throw the controller while playing it will fly right back to you because it IS a boomerang! WOW, now that is what I call inovated!

Last edited: May 22, 2005
  8. Zinn

Zinn Guest

What did say that was so funny, and I make since as well, deezp1 isn't the only person who knows what he's talking about so get off his jock. anyway, the xbox is said to be raised to $400, and the ps is going to be raised to $450.

9. Zinn

Zinn Guest

Ok, i lied about the ds to make sound better but you can download psp, and gameboy games. look at the press conference at ign.com

10. WVengence

WVengence Member

Zinn: The reason for 7 controllers is that that is the maximum number of Blue Tooth systems that can connect at once. Personally, I don't think more than 4 controllers is useful, but I'm sure Sony wanted a number greater that MS, so 7 it is.

Solargame: Hate to burst your bubble, but the Xbox was the same price at the PS2 when it launched. Sony didn't lower the price of the PS2 until they were forced to by MS lowering the price of the Xbox (almost 2 years after the PS2 launched). I guess they wanted to rape you for every $ they could...

11. solargame

solargame Regular member

i agree, deezp1 does know what hes talking about.
    aww, but you zinn, i dont think you do. just yesturday you said the 360 will be 300, now the next day you say 400. and that joka about searching your name is true. nearly all of your post have the word xbox in the thread.

12. solargame

solargame Regular member

and about the 7 controllers thing, maybe because its 1 controller for each proceesor so it doesnt get overloaded. and how do you play with 7 people on screen any way. imagine how the split screen will look like. i think only sports games like football games will support 7 players cuase those games dont need split screens.
    [bold]IM A PS3 FAN, DONT THINK IM WITH 360[/bold]

13. Zinn

Zinn Guest

On the ps3 press conference when ken kutaragi introduced jim kell, if you look at jim kells eyes he was reading words.... It looks like everyone on that press conference is, but you can really tell with jim kell.

Got to http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615091/vids_1.html to see the press conference

ps: GTA isn't a launch for ps3

14. Zinn

Zinn Guest

WVengence, i was talking about the xbox 360 and the ps3

15. 2kwic

2kwic Guest

First of all im getting both but ps3 rules...Naw just let me get to the point i mean every body act like they know what there are talking about maybe some people do but tell me [bold]Who in here owns a 360 or PS3?[/bold] im guessing ummm no one. So really we can't judge them untill they both come out so [bold]Zinn[/bold] write all you want sayin xbox the best system really you don't know nobody does so just wait.Im not tryin to get on anybody ass im just sayin Who Knows huh ?

16. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Look here: http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1686

That I'm pretty sure is in game footage.

Doesn't look too different from: http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1668

Anyway, this is disappointing. I mean how can Sony tell a bunch of lies and then plaster their CGI movies all across the screen, and act like 'tis nothing? It's like saying "PS3 is going to be $99.00", and then when it's released, they will make an excuse saying "Oh sorry, we forgot the extra 9."

17. lajr1980

lajr1980 Guest

how much are these games gonna co$t??

18. Xian

Xian Regular member

The 7 controllers is a Bluetooth Piconet limitation. It only has a 3 bit address space, 4+2+1, so you can only have 7 devices and 1 master.

19. solargame

solargame Regular member

@ larj
    i heard from sony saying that most games will be 60 at realease and after a month or two will drop to forty or fifty. i wonder if the GREATEST HITS GAMES will still be 20 bucks?

20. velascoj2

velascoj2 Member

Well there is a lot of talk about the difference in specs between the 360 and the ps3. Both systems have had a great jump over the previous generation consoles based on sheer power. at this point both system can run games based on the Doom 3 engine at real time (Gears of war ps3 demo). That making them equal as far making games based on that game engine. That engine should be surpassed soon due to the superior capabilities of the new consoles over the engine of Doom 3 which was created for pc cards specs. Pc had the edge over console for a while now and rightly so but like always consoles new generation always surpass them when released due to the lifespan they have to endure. Pc will catch up and surpass them some time after the systems have been released but that just the never ending evolution of technology. Now Technically speaking, games shown on the demo of Sony like Killzone are very shocking due to the clarity of textures, polygon count, amount of characters camera work particle effects to mention some. “Gears or War” environments look good and into certain degree almost the same as Killzone, however the environments although well design doesn’t exude the exciting art direction put on Killzone. Most of the environments are very dark while Killzone are lighter the afternoon that giving them the ability of using more interesting color scheme, depth of field to the overall environment allowing them to put more detail on the scenery also adding constant camera work with the energetic side characters adding an overall dynamic feel that Gears of War lacked. However put the level of graphics already developed of Gears of wars and make the same sequence on that graphic engine and the overall look and feel of the game will be close and comparable to killzone. Rather than claustrophobic feel that Doom and Gears of war has shown.
    Technically speaking the ps3 has a minor superiority over the 360. Its seems that a lot of people don’t seem to understand that the 360 its not just 3 cores on the processor but that each core has 2 cores that giving them roughly 6 cores performance, yet to be seen. However it also depends on how those cores work together that goes for both processors. The cell has 8 spe’s which people tend to consider them like cores. The 360 has 1meg of L2 cache and the cell 512k adding 256k to each spe’s that giving them roughly 2.5 megs of overall cache to the processor (to my knowledge). At the end the difference in power based on specs alone its not that drastic. And the rest well its has been stated. Ps3 has more shaders (100 billion vs. 48) , dot point (51 million both cpu and gpu vs. 33.6 both cpu and gpu), teraflops applications (2 vs. 1) the Ps3 polygon count has not yet been revealed to my knowledge but xbox pushing 500 million and ps3 ?. Which it will rise an interesting question due to the amount of characters and vehicles shown in the demo of Killzone technically the ps3 should boast more that 500 million polygons if want to be able to keep that level of graphical prowess adding lighting , text mapping at 1080p and at 60fps its indeed an huge undertaking. Ps3 also has not disclosed the amount of vertex graphical pipelines either since that is new technology ATI has developed with 48 shared pipelines in total. There are some assumptions that Sony can’t beat those stats and that is why they where omitted on the press released, but time will tell.

To my conclusion everything leads me to believe that both machines are monsters and will satisfy the consumer that buys it. All been shown will be first generation software and as new maverick studios start developing there new graphic engines based on that technology we all going to see far prettier looking graphics yet seen at this point. And still since so far the Doom 3 engines is the most advanced engine released until Killzone if they manage to convert the movie cgi graphics into a real game engine. Both system will be boasting very similar graphical achievements.

Excuse my grammar

My two cents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.