1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Spanglish Thread

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jerry746, Apr 5, 2005.

1. brobear

brobear Guest

Another program that AnyDVD gave a new lease on life. DVDXCopy suffers from obsolete decryption software as well as DVD Shrink. However, with XCopy the Browse function only worked with the RF version (no ripper) and Decrypter couldn't be used with the versions through 4.0.3.8, preceding the RF. There are some patches at http://www.dvdripforums.co.uk that will fix the Browse function (gets rid of the nag screens and the 321 backup warning as well). DVDXCopy Platinum is a decent program if you already own it. However, it is only good for DVD5 and with the other programs like DVDCopy3 and CloneDVD2 on the market, it is way over priced in comparison. This is one I'd say is a bit dated, but still useful. Also, a program I wouldn't suggest running out to purchase. So, if you have it and find it useful, there is no reason not to use it.

2. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

bro. i have both versions of dvdxcopy platinum. when the one with the ripper build in can't hadle new encryptions, i use the free ripper version one with dvd43 woking in the background. either way i seems to me that platinum's quality is great even when using high(30%)compression. see i do not always trust shrink as much as must people do.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

You can use the link I supplied. There is a patch to activate the ripper in the RF version. All you have to contend with then is an obsolete ripper. DVD43 is okay in many cases, but that program has proven to be slow in getting updated. While AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter had the newer encryption problems solved, it was a long time before DVD43 got it done and they don't have nearly the success rate as the AnyDVD and Decrypter.

4. djlen

djlen Regular member

The following is a reply I got to my question regarding my inability to burn Spanglish properly:

'Before you waste any more discs, after you have ripped it in FILE mode, not ISO READ mode , play it back from your hdd with powerdvd or media player classis ( free) , and tell us what happens.does the first 3 chapters play properley ( there is a guide for "Playback from HDD" in the guides section, with a link to media player classic as well

ive a feeling this is something to do with nero, which as its a commercial program , im afraid we dont support.
    if you have a RW disc, after you have ripped it in FILE mode , ALL FILES , and ran it thru a PC player, run it thru shrink,and save as an ISO , then close shrink, open DVDD and burn the ISO with DVDDec in ISO WRITE Mode
    NOTE: lets eliminate Nero for the time being.'

I followed VolvoFL10's advice and got a perfect burn from beginning to end.
    He seems to think the problem lies somewhere between this particular movie and Nero. After the perfect burn with Decrypter I have to agree.
    Just wish I knew why.

[EDIT]: That reply came from the Decrypter forum, BTW.

Len

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  5. trublue01

trublue01 Member

the other day i upgraded to the latest version of decrypter. used decrypter, shrik, then decrypter.

well spanglish backup worked in my cheap apex dvd player in the bedroom but in my sony dvdplayer it says cant play disc. any ideas

do i need to make changes to the decrypter set up or jsut ttry a new disc???

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

First thing that comes to mind is a possible media/player compatibility problem. Does the Sony play both formats of burned media(+ & -). Most of the older players played -R media only. Just a guess.

Jerry

7. trublue01

trublue01 Member

its a fairly new dvd player. i use -r. the same discs i have used for all my other backups. dunno if when i upgraded to the latest version of decrypter i needed to change some of the options or somethin.

i have been using verbatim and if they failed TYs. burn at 4x

8. fastman

fastman Member

I have been reading the threads and I don't believe the problem is only a "Spanglish" thing, but rather the format this this DVD came out on. What I have noted in the past is that there are certain DVD's that come out by Columbia/Sony that have this issue.
    I've tried the split disk option with DVDCloneII latest version and as noted by another member with a different program that the DVD starts out blank then you fast forward and it opens at chapter 3.
    The same happens with "The Forgotton".
    I don't thing this issuea of bad disk are true.
    So far to summarize I noted people had success with:
    AnyDVD4.6.3.1+CloneDVD 2.75
    AnyDVD4.6.3.1 + Shrink
    AnyDVD+ CloneDVD2
    DVD43+1ClickDVD
    DVD43=Shrink
    So far the common denominators are: AnyDVD+ Program or DVD43+Program
    Anybody using DVDClonerII with success?
    Any other combos out there?

9. buffy2005

buffy2005 Guest

What program can you use to back up DVD's when AnyDVD trial runs out? I at a loss with Little Black Book, and I want to back up Spangleish. Any other freebies that work? I use DVD Shrink which is a dream!

Kerry

10. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Use DVD Decrypter.

11. brobear

brobear Guest

buffy2005
    DVD Decrypter
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com

What is DVD Decrypter?

DVD Decrypter is a free tool that allows you to decrypt and copy DVDs to your PC's hard disk. From there you can watch them with the likes of WinDVD and PowerDVD, you can write them back to DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD+R / DVD+RW / DVD+R DL / DVD-RAM media or you can convert them to VCD / SVCD / DivX for burning onto CD-R / CD-RW.

DVD Decrypter can write most types of CD / DVD images via its 'ISO Write' mode, and it supports all the latest writers (including booktype / bitsetting on many of the major ones - i.e. BenQ, LiteOn, NEC, Plextor, Sony). You can even use DVD Decrypter to erase / format your rewritable media!

Advanced functionality can be found in context menus that appear when you right click on various bits of the user interface. Can you find them all??!!

The free DVD43 is similar to AnyDVD. But, if you want the functionality and ease of AnyDVD, give up the bucks and purchase it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2005
  12. fastman

fastman Member

I just had success with using DVD43( freeware) + DVDClonerII
    So the common denominator to all of these for success is using> "AnyDVD 4.6.3.1"( purchase) or free trial + Program of choice or.."DVD43"+ Program of choice.
    Hope this helps the Spanglish issues.
    I will let you know how "The Forgotton" works with these combos.

13. rgh

rgh Member

Well I downloaded the new Decrypter and ripped Spanglish, thought I was home free. After I ripped it I had two spanglish files, tried to burn with Decrypter & I picked the wrong file but Decrypter was smarter than I & it got the correct file. Still couldn’t rip as it said not enough space on disc to burn image. Image was twice the size of the disc. Tried using shrink and it previewed Spanglish and all looked good & then burning with decrypter, looked like it worked and burnt the disc but it didn’t.tried again, looked like disc was burning, still no go. Any ideas?

14. brobear

brobear Guest

http://www.dvdshrink.info
    guides for Shrink and DVD Decrypter. There are also guides here at AD and more comprehensive ones at Doom9.org. It sounds as though you did something wrong in the recording process. The best thing to do is rip in the File mode with DVD Decrypter. Then you don't have MDS and ISO files. Open the VIDEO_TS folder (Open Files) with DVD Shrink and transcode (shrink the file) to an ISO Image file; under "Select backup target:" select "ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter". That's the free route. Different selections for CopyToDVD and Nero which are supported burners for Shrink. They burn better from file mode.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2005
  15. djlen

djlen Regular member

Buffy, use the Decrypter/Shrink/Decrypter method I outlined above. It worked for me.
    Rip the movie in the file mode with Decrypter. Then drag and drop ALL THE FILES you created, into Shrink and re-author it to 'main title' only. Then burn the resulting file using Decrypter in the ISO write mode.

I have been using Nero with great success, but for certain movies I've learned that I need to burn with Decrypter.

Len

16. DawnKing

DawnKing Member

I also ran into problems with SPANGLISH using my routine and came here to see what others experience with it were. This really is a cool forum for talking out things and offering advice.

I have been trying out DVD43 3.5.2.113 just to see what its about. (Nomally use DVD decrypter 3.5.4 and DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 and Nero.)

DVD Shrink ran into a wall (with Spanglish) and knew it was time to see what decrypter could do (running it now with fingers crossed 40% done).

(off topic..anyone have an opinion about DVD43?)

17. DawnKing

DawnKing Member

whoop, double post edited out, sorry.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  18. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

AnyDvd & DVD Shrink worked for me no problems....

DVD43 wouldn't work...

19. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Does anyone really know exactly if its a new form of arcoos? It looks like arcoss becuase when it hits the main movie in dvd shrink at around 36%-40% it does. Which means bad sectors...which means arcoss. I thought anydvd took care of this as of februrary???

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

anydvd and decrypter both get round arccos. i guess we'll start seeing different 'strains' of protections while those daft companies try to encrypt thing 'better'. any inference of 'strain' to 'virus' is intentional :)