1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Spanglish Thread

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jerry746, Apr 5, 2005.

1. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

It did. No problems with this one using AnyDVD and shrinker/burner of choice.

2. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Yes but if you are not using the absolute latest version of anydvd it does not work.

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

It should go without saying that one always uses the latest updates of all programs if they want continued success....:)

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@nohelpme, i havn't purchased it yet (only used couple of times on trial), but you'd be entitled to updates, no big deal, just dload the updates i guess, no different to say virus checkers updates or other software...

@edit - i knew bilbo65 would beat me to it lol :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  5. DawnKing

DawnKing Member

Success! I made a backup copy of Spanglish.

A bit of a challenge and one DVD blank casualty.

DVD Decyrpter > DVD Shrink for recoding and then to Nero but something happened (error) between DVD Shrink and Nero. An error message I had never seen before. I should have copied the info down to share here but I was anxious to solve this puzzle.

With the files from DVD shrink on my harddrive I tried Nero again but the burn failed about 10-15% into it.

As an experiement I went to a little used program of mine called Pinnacle InstantCopy which had no problem in producing the copy from DVD Shrink created movie files.

Tested and works perfectly on my home DVD player. Main movie and all the English sound files and subtitles copied only.

6. creaky

@DawnKing - if you wanted to see the last section of your Nero log, its appended to. It's in c:\program files\ahead\nero\nerohistory.txt

7. conradw

conradw Member

Decrypter and Shrink worked perfect for my backup and no coasters. But I did notice a glitch during playback. My backup froze for about two seconds halfway through the main feature. It really isn't a problem because you miss ~1 sec of dialog and it continues to play through to the end without further glitches. Has anyone else experienced this? Just wondering if this has to do with how Decrypter deals with dummy sectors...

8. DawnKing

DawnKing Member

This is the errors around the time of Spanglish DVD Shrink-to-Nero:

1:03:32 PM #32 CDR -1047 File SessionUtils.cpp, Line 49
    Illegal mode for this track

1:03:32 PM #33 Text 0 File BurnAtOnceRecorder.cpp, Line 712
    Failed to release fragment at 592

1:03:32 PM #34 Text 0 File BurnAtOnceRecorder.cpp, Line 2588
    Failed to release fragment at 592

1:03:32 PM #35 Phase 179 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276
    Writing file to disc failed

1:03:32 PM #36 Text 0 File BurnAtOnceRecorder.cpp, Line 3625
    Disc info:
    Partitions: 2
    #0: Start: 0, Size: 576
    #1: Start: 592, Size: 48

Not skilled enough to understand what happened there but thankfully InstantCopy saved the day for me. ( :

I sure do enjoy learning more about DVD Authoring. There is so much that can be learned! Some really smart people frequenting this forum too.

9. creaky

10. DawnKing

DawnKing Member

Thanks for pointing me to a possible helpful resource, creaky.

The one interesting sentence I read was "As it turns out I needed to uncheck the burn at once option in the burn properties on the last page using Nero Vision Express 3."

I am currentl backing up another DVD title of mine and the transition from DVD Shrink to Nero as it has up until the Spanglish glitch came along. (At least that is when it happened.)

11. Linette97

Linette97 Member

12. DawnKing

DawnKing Member

NICE visual guide there, Linette97! Thank you for sharing the link.

The person that made that understands how to best make help guides. I wish I could finds guides like that consistently on the web. I wonder if anyone has a web site dedicated to multiple types of guides just like this one.

13. fastman

fastman Member

Finally success with Spanglish/Little Black Book/The Forgotton all from Columbia Pictures I think they have the RCE encoding issues that have been problamatic for some out there. My solution was with DVD43 ( free ware)@ www.dvd43.com with DVDClonerII and it worked flawless. The only caviat is that before copying: 1-Close the DVD43>insert movie and play it for 1 minute>then close the movie, 2-Start the DVD43 and let it do its think, 3- start your DVD copy software. If you still get and encrupted DVD error, reboot and start the process again.
    Hope this helps some of you out there!

14. creaky

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  15. mle56

mle56 Member

I picked up Spanglish at the rental store and used AnyDVD and CloneDVD. It seemed to play fine until Chap. 12 when it started to hang and stop playing. After Chap 12 it seems to play well. I rented another copy of it and I cannot burn it at all. The message "cyclic redundancy error" keeps coming up. I tried CloneDVD, 1 ClickDVD, Decrypter and Shrink. The result is all the same; it will not burn. Is this the bad press issue you guys have been talking about?
    mle56

16. tomreid

tomreid Member

No Spanglish problem here - had to use latest version of Decrypter then to Shrink - would not play on expensive DVD player but no problem on cheaper players!

17. trublue01

trublue01 Member

im with tomreid

anyone have any suggestions. or do i need to buy a cheap dvd player as well for the bigscreen???

18. djlen

djlen Regular member

I have a relatively expensive DVD player and it played Spanglish perfectly on it. Unless you have lousy media, you should be able to play it on any player, no matter what the cost.
    Rip it with DVD Decrypter in the 'file' mode. Then take all the files you've created and insert them into DVD Shrink. Re-author for 'main title'(should give you 100%). Then take the file that that creates and burn it in the ISO mode with Decrypter.
    I had no problem with Spanglish using that system.

Len

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  19. brobear

brobear Guest

djlen
    Can't agree with you there. You can have quality media and it can still have compatibility problems with some players. I've run into the situation personally.

When a backup will play good on one player, that means the source (original DVD) was good enough to record. If that backup will play on some DVD players and not others, that's simply a compatibility problem with media and equipment. Crappy media does cause a lot of problems though. There are a number of reasons and those have been covered numerous times on other threads.

The "Cyclic Redundancy" error has been covered many times as well. It usually signifies a bad source or equipment failure. If your PC is working with other DVDs, then you can bet money you have an error on the source. Check it out with the free DVDInfoPro or similar program. DVDs that will play on a standalone won't always record on a PC. Standalones will accept worse errors and continue to play.

Media problems, source problems, equipment problems, user problems... Sounds like a lot of the run of the mill problems and nothing unusual in the encryption.

20. fastman

fastman Member

Regarding mle56's question- redundency and dropping off chapters, this seems to happen mainly with DVD's that are from the Columbia/Sony Studios. My recommendations is to download DVD43( free) and take note of their instructions entitled "If You Get Errors Using DVD43"
    If you follow that and then use any of the Paid versions of your Software to Copy you should be fine.
    Frankly I did not have success with DVDshrink with this combo. I am not sure why. I spent hours with it, and it just lead to frustrations.
    I use DVD43 with DVDCloner Version 2.40 and no problems whatsoever.
    Good Luck!