1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OGG/AVI files to VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Royskie, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Royskie

Royskie Member

Hello,

I'm new to video encoding/editing/burning. I have a couple of OGG/AVI files (250 MB+) that I would like to burn into cdrs as VCD movies. I tried using Nero, okay...go ahead and laugh, but I hated the quality. Any suggestions on this please?

And if I had a DVD RW drive and would like to burn the same ogg/avi files as DVD movies what are the best tools I can use to preserve the quality of the video files?

Thanks.

Royskie

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

I think you should use either TMPEG encoder or Cucusoft Video Converter to convert you movies to a files type that goes on either a dvd or vcd.

You may also want to play with the burn speed. Some writers burn better video on a slow speed and others on a high speed.

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

More than that, on TMPGenc you'd better use Settings ---> Video ---> Motion Search Precision = Highest Quality (very slow).
    Also, many DVD players cannot read well CDs written at high speed, so please don't use a speed greater than 4X.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004