1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OGG File

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by dgraham77, Jan 8, 2004.

1. dgraham77

dgraham77 Guest

Could someone please tell me what an *.ogg file is. I have *.ogg files on my computer that are supposidely supposed to be Video Files, but I have no idea what is supposed to be done with them. What needs to be done to play or convert these files?

Input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Commissar

Commissar Member

Hi.

The files are audio files. Ogg is better than mp3, if you ask me :). I used it alot before hard drives got dirty cheap, and I started using *.ape (monkeys audio)

You can play them in Winamp 2.8x and above, I beleve. If you do not use winamp, go to www.vorbis.com and get a plugin.

3. dgraham77

dgraham77 Guest

Unfortunately, these files are not audio files. The Files I have are at least a hundred megs in size if not larger, and they are supposed to be video files, and I've also noticed that some have the extension *.ogm. Does that make a difference in the type of media? Also, I use windows media player generally for video files, so how do I go about identifying and playing a file if its not recognized but I do know that the file is infact a video file?

Thank You For Input.

4. stl

stl Member

windows media player plays these .ogm files. right click and choose open with media player

5. oyaji_san

oyaji_san Guest

I have the same problem with the *.ogg and *.ogm files. can anyone tell me what software should i install, please?
    Thanks

6. fifi001

fifi001 Member

If some OGM files are not supported try to rename it to OGG file and try it with windows media!!!!!
    Somes files are ok but some aren't!
    Try it!!!!

7. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

just look on yahoo for the codec- and no they are not audio files- ogg is a container for video (or audio) and functions kind of like a dvds VOB file- its a video file with various streams imbeded in it (like different languages or audio and subtitle streams) if you want to convert this file to dvd use virtual dub mod to demux the streams and you will be left with a divx or xvid avi file and mp3 or ac3 audio files.

8. bryon

bryon Member

I am new to this, can a OGG File be turned into a mp3?
    and how? please
    thank you