1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.ogm/.mkv subtitles don't work anymore after installing programs

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by aone, Apr 18, 2007.

1. aone

aone Member

okay, so i know for a fact that the subtitles worked on the .ogm/.mkv files BEFORE installing:

LameACM
    VirtualDubMod
    Alltoavi 3.0.0 R2
    VobSub 2.23

as you see I was trying to convert them into avi w/subtitles so i could burn them. i had succeeded in splitting a file into .srt and .avi but i hadn't yet figured out how to hardcode them so i could burn them.

but there are also files that i didn't plan on burning. and now when the video plays back i no longer have subtitles on any of the .ogm or .mkv files.

my question is, which, if any, of the programs is causing this? and how do i make the subtitles work again?

i tried uninstalling the programs but nothing works.

any help appreciated. thanks.

on a side note, is there anyway easier to do that .ogm to avi conversion and add subtitles? the process i'm trying now is so tedious...*sigh and the syncing is slightly off in alltoavi. yea, i know, there are plenty of threads here addressing that.

and i do have the CCCP installed, but that's never given me problems before anyway.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  2. aone

aone Member

*sigh, thanks for all the help everyone lol. anyway, i finally tried uninstalling and reinstalling cccp and thankfully, my subtitles have started working again.