1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Dear Lord - What bright Spark made Dela a Mod

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Oriphus, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, some how i dont see dRD seeing the funny side of it lol. I know he has a great sense of hunour, but even still, that would be a bit far.

Going back to the original topic, how you finding the moderating. Same as normal, just able to ban all the twats who come on?

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Dela are you in the US? For some reason I thought your where. What is the drinking age in your country? I don't think we have to worry at least legally for a while about Dela going on a drunk rampage.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Actually Dela and I are both from Ireland, and in Ireland we like to start drinking when we are twelve or so. My first drink was a half bottle each of Scotch whiskey in a barn with my cousin. We both passed out and my cousin pissed his pants when he was asleep (lol - was really me but dont let on ;-) ok).

Oh those were the days. I suppose alchopops were the drink of the times when i was in my teens. Then i went to Jack Daniels and Southern Comfort when i was about 16 - drank that until about 19 years old when i started to get really bad heart burn. Was a heavy Guiness drinker for a year. The past year of my life i have spent drinking Stella Artois mostly, a bit of 1664 and the odd pint of piss (i mean harp). I suppose thats why i end up in hedges with spoons often :-(

Chris

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Thnx for the life story oriphus! lol

The moderating is cool, power power power :)

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

No probs, anyone want to hear about my first day at school?? Anyone?? Anybody at all?? No? :-(

6. ABMone

ABMone Guest

Hellllllllllllll no!

7. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Sure, how was your first day at school?
    Do you mean Kindergarden, grade 1 or first day drinking in school. I think I was drinking in class as early as grade 10, and defently in Grade 12. I still do not remember writing my Grade 12 exams, but I did really well.

8. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I cant remember my first day so fair play to you oriphus if u can!

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - not my drinking days, my actual first day at school.

The teacher was called Mrs Lunny. It was my first day in Primary 1, its after kindergarden i think for those americans. It was a sunny september day and i had on my brand new uniform. I was really looking forward to it since my twin sister and my cousing and two of my mates were in my class. My mum dropped myself and my sister off at the gate and in we trotted with our school bags and lunch boxes. (Incidently, I don't remember what i had for lunch).

We went to our first class with eager anticipation, or whatever the equivalent is to a 4 year old. I remember the teacher was talking at the front of the class, i was still busy talking to people in the class. Then the unexpected happened. Myself, my cousin and my sisters friend were all told to come to the front of the class. We were shouted at for talking over the teacher and we were sent to the headmaster of the school. Imagine that happening on the first day at school. What made it worse was that my sisters friend, Marice, her mother was the teacher, yet she still sent us all to the headmaster. It was a shock and i learnt quickly not to talk out of turn again, well for about a few days anyway.

I can't remember the rest of the school day, but one thing that sticks in my mind very vividly was a conversation i had with my mum when she picked us up at 1pm. Remember that this was my first day at school and that i was used to just playing all day. Well she said to me "Chris, how was your day at school?". My reply was one that i always get reminded about. I said "it was alright, but i dont think ill go back again till next year"

You would believe the shock i was in to find out it didnt work like that. Apparently i couldnt choose when i wanted to go to school. What was i to do. I had just signed away the next 14 years of my life to being stuck in school learning. Oh, i felt so bad about it.

Well, that was the story of my first day at school. That was the short version, if anyone wants the long version ill PM it to you lol

Chris

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Last edited: Jul 27, 2003
  11. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Oriphus, good story I can`t remeber at all my first day of school. I very sure I went though and I am still here in school. but now I can come any time I what and do what ever.

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, and the older you get the more privaleges you get. School sucked big time for me. I did well enough to get passes in everything, but i hated it. University was a good bit better though.

13. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Very true, I am thinking one day I may be able to run the class. Not the sence as I did in high school, but being a prof could be really good. I do have a lot of crazy high school madness, now that I think about it.

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What year are you in and how long you get left till your finshed or you go to uni?

15. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I have finished almost first year of Masters and I am reclassing to Phd. So the Phd, I am hoping will take less than five years total. The departement I am in has about a five year average, with the best time being three years and I have talked to some students that are members of the Decande (already 10years) club. I do not want to join that club. My girlfriend kepts saying, least amount of publishable quantily and then run like hell. She is already in pHD, reclassed this summer.

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Sweet, sounds like a bit of fun. I did my degree in Computing and im going on to do another one is Business IT. I have no intention of doing a Phd anytime soon, thats for sure. lol

17. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

In Computers a Phd does not make much sence. You usually endup writing some odd code that no one cares about. I did my Undergrad in Biochemistry and now I am in Medical Biophysics. But I am more structural than imaging.
    Your combination sounds good. My older brother did Computer Science and a minor in Bussiness. He is now looking at possibly doing an MBA. But now that he has a job again it is hard to say if he will go for MBA. He first started with designing networks, now he mainly works on or with Flash.

18. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Well typically one needs a Doctorate to teach at a university and such, there are professors out there with Masters and such but the norm is a doctorate

19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

True, but i am not one for teaching. I hope to run an IT department for a large company. There is good managerial background in my house with my Dad managing a TV station company and my Dads bst friend running an large Internet Company. I hope to leech my way in to one of those companies sometime lol