1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OH my god its making me so mad

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by prutsos, Apr 9, 2007.

1. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

ok I have this usb to ide adapter I am running windows xp the internal hardrive I have for it is full of ps2 games whenever I connect them the hardrive doesnt show up

here is the website

http://www.vantecusa.com/

IDE to usb connector so please help thanx

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Have you tried mannually searching for it?

I know with XP your not supposed to have to restart with the device attached but it might be worth while to try that.

3. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

what mode should my harddrive been in slave mode or master or cable select does it matter that it was formatted by a ps2 and does it matter that its 160 GB I have windows xp service pack 2

4. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

I don't know that much about it so I suggest that you try anything you can think of.

Definitely shouldn't be master.

5. ucfmoe

ucfmoe Regular member

Go into the disk manager and make sure that it's assigned a drive letter.

6. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

If you formatted it with your PS2 you need a partitioning tool like partition magic to erase, and then repartition the drive.
    Unless of course, you just wanted to connect the drive to your pc to add more .iso's, but if that's the case, this thread needs to be moved to a PS2 forum and renamed.

7. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I need to get something straight because I'm not getting lots about this thread...

IDE to USB adapter.. as in some sort of housing/shell?

Does it have a 12v external power supply? (it needs one!) If so is it connected, because the drive should show up as a mass storage device regardless of format (ps2=fat32?)..
    on a usb the jumper doesn't really matter.. either master or slave will do, I prefer master, but whatever.. It isn't looked for down usb, so it should make no difference.

Why not open up your frikkin pc and shove it on a real IDE cable? Then let xp detect it.. A lot of these usb things will run a cd-rom, but baulk at a HDD.. low power issues I think.

(hi there fiendish one.. the heavy mob arrive just in the nick of time)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2007
  8. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

cause Im a retard when it comes to that stuff I need help on that so please help me