1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oh my.. please help..i'm really at wits end

Discussion in 'General audio discussion' started by yandao87, Mar 20, 2007.

1. yandao87

yandao87 Member

hi,

i've read tonnes of guide & researched numerous websites for .ogm files, and i come to this conclusion, if wrong , please correct me.

.ogm is a media container.

to play it,

i'll need a splitter/directshow filter(qn:are they the same thing???) to recognise the container first,
    EITHER illuminable ogg codecs for windows at http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/
    OR OGM DS Package at http://www.afterdawn.com/software/v..._directshow.cfm

next, i'll need the correct codec to play the file
    e.g. xvid, divx, etc

now, i meet up with a problem. i've installed illimnable's ogg codecs, but i can't play .ogm video files, but i can play .ogg audio files. my ogm file has mp3 audio and divx video. i have both codecs.

is it because i don't vobsub installed?

and, for matroska video, is gabest's splitter or haali's splitter better? i heard that haali supports ogm container also?? and after installing the splitter, do i still need to install vobsub/vsfilter to read subtitiles??
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    secondly, i've a big problem i'm unable to solve.

1) i switch on the cpu as normal
    2) win98se loading screen shows up
    3) before i enter windows, black background screen with those loading processes show up
    4) screen turns blank.
    5) i switch off the cpu and on again.
    6) only short beeping sounds are heard. nothing shows up on the screen
    7) i tried remove 2 of the sdrams one by one - nothing changes

i guess its video issue/motherboard?? my mother board(k7sem with 900mhz duron) has a built in video. anyone can help me???? :<

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

your first question is software related, so you would be better to ask in another thread for a deffinative answer on that one.

as for your hardware question, how many beeps? the number will tell you cause of the issue. there will of been a table in the mobos manual which says 2 beeps means... 3 beeps means.. and so on. if you dont have it any more check the website of the manufactor for the details.

3. yandao87

yandao87 Member

hey thanks a lot for replying..

anyware i posted my thread in pc hardware. don't know how it ended here.

the beep is continuous. never stops. hope someone can help me...