1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oh woe is me, coasters galore

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by linuxman, Dec 2, 2004.

1. linuxman

linuxman Member

I went down to best buy yesterday and bought me a new 99.00 cyberhome 12x dvd burner. Got me some memorex printable dvd's coded I 09:45:54 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: CMC MAG-E01-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x). Well as the post title indicates, out of the 25 in the box I have 16 coasters thus far. I have went to the cyberhome usa website and upgraded the firmware. Any comments about either the drive or the media?

Linuxman

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah buy different media. I am not a really big stickler when it comes to the media, but Memorex is the worst! If you search around ao AD you will find I am not alone on this. I have used all kinds of media to many to mention, and I never really had any problems with any exsept for Memorex so I stay as far away from them as possible. Check out this sight it will help you understand media a little better (as far as what is good and what is not) http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

V/R,
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. nick26897

nick26897 Member

I use the Verbatim Digital Movie DVD-Rs from Best Buy and they work great burning at 4x. I have also tried Memorex and I can only get a good copy when I burn at 2x. Anything faster than that and it's a coaster. Try burning at the slowest speed possible if using Memorex discs.

4. linuxman

linuxman Member

I ran out to the local Wally world store and grabbed me a 15 pack of Maxell DVD-R's and plugged them in to the drive and bam, I now have a backup of Shreck 2, so we can officially rule out the drive as the problem. I just ordered 100 GO4's from Supermedia, I hope they work in this drive.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Maxells are one of the best media you can buy. How much were they? What is the ID on those disks?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  6. linuxman

linuxman Member

They are TYG01 made by Taio Yuden. A 15 pack cost me like 17 bucks

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004