1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok im New here, be nice.......

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by colin605, Jan 20, 2007.

1. colin605

colin605 Member

Ok 1st of all, thank you to all that have posted helpful ideas in here, they really have helped mewith alot of questions i have had......2nd of all, im new to all this burning movies, iPod stuff, so i have alot of questions..............here we go......

what is the best software to put movies on iPods, i have a 5th gen.
    i currently have videora converter, it take a long time, is there anything faster?

i was reading that alot of people are getting movies ripped from the net b-4 they are released on DVD or even out of the theater, where are you all getting these movies from, ive noticed alot of talk about Saw 3.

now remember in really new to all this stuff, so please dont blast me with anything on the stupid questions im asking.
    Thanks for all!!!!!
    Colin

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi colin605
    I'll be nice :)

For iPod conversion I use Nero Recode Digital. Nero 7 has a setting for iPod and will also transfer directly to it. Not free but does have a 30 day (at least) trial.

Haven't used videora but Nero takes around 30 mins give or take from a compressed back up and maybe an hour from the original (need something like AnyDVD running in the background - or rip 1st w/ the free DVDFab Decrypter)

The Saw 3 threads I think you are talking about are the ones where this movie has like 99 vts files and 40 bad sectors (never seen b/4 on a dvd) so was about the problems backing up this disc. The programs that handle the new copy protections (anydvd, dvdfab decrypter, ripit4me) have all had updates that should handle it.

Will I be able to back it up on Tues - I sure will :)

Some people just are 'in the know' :) and get the originals before the public release date.
    Usually downloads have no copy protection on them.