1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok im prob stupid

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by imjusttim, Mar 16, 2004.

1. imjusttim

imjusttim Member

Im just now starting to learn to put games on my hard drive so I dont have to use the disk. Im using alchol 120. I just need some generic info. Image making Im think means to make the image from the disk and put it on your hard drive. Image burning would be i think to take the image from the puter to put on the disk. Once you put the image on your puter is whear I am also lost. I think you have to install the game itself the make the vcd then use the icon to access the vcd?? Or is it possible to make the vcd strait from the disk and get a shortcut to use it. Im completley new to all this and forgive a newbie to doing this dumb questions. Or provide a link that would break all this down for a completley newbie?? I am sorry I just dont have the time to look for hours to find the info I need. Thank you all tons in advance.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

To play a game off of your hard drive you will make an image of the game on your hard drive with Alcohol as you said and then use a utility called Daemon Tools to "mount" the image. Here's a link for Daemon Tools:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/daemon_tools.cfm

You totally lost me with the rest of your post so if you need more help please explain a little more precisely what you want :)