1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ok, now i need help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by steimy, Dec 2, 2004.

1. steimy

steimy Active member

Before my now enlightened burning stage i made back up copies of a few movies (Bittorrents). But i could never get them to play on the PS2. I was using the .Bin file to play them so i figured that was what i needed to burn, well of course that was wrong and i should have burned the .Cue file.
    Long story short i have a bunch of movies that i can play on the computer but not on the PS2 becuse i only burned the .Bin files
    Is there a way to take the .Bin file off the disc, create a .Cue file and re-burn it so that it will play on the PS2?

2. maraya

maraya Member

try to add the video tS folder and the audio folder too, that should help you out...

-maraya

3. steimy

steimy Active member

all i have is the Bin file, no other files.
    I deleted the rest off the hard drive after i burned the bin file to a disk.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Check out this post. It explains how to make a CUE file's.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/7976
    .CUE can be made with just Notepad. A typical Playstation(One or 2) .CUE file looks like this:

FILE "image-name.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 1 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 1 00:00:00

A typical PC CD-ROM .CUE looks like this:

FILE "image-name.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

"image-name.BIN" being the name of the image file (IWDII.BIN, CIV3.BIN and so on...)

Notice the difference of the track mode - PC-ROMs being Mode 1, Playstations CDs Mode 2 and (Super)Video CDs are also MODE2/2352.

Good luck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Burners Nec 2500A
    Pioneer DVR 105

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  5. steimy

steimy Active member

Thanks bbmayo, i'll give it a try and see if it will work.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Well i created the .cue file as you have it above and it doesn't seem to be working. if i play the bin file with my VLC player it works fine, but when i try to play the cue file i created all i get is static sound and no picture. Could i be doing something wrong. here is what i wrote in notepad to create it.
    FILE^"troy1-fezvcd.BIN"^BINARY
    TRACK^1^MODE2/2352
    INDEX^01^00:00:00
    I put the ^ in there just to show you where there are spaces between what i wrote, i did not actually put those on the cue sheet.
    Is that right?
    And how should it be saved? as a text file or as troy1.cue, and there is a drop down box when i try to save it that has options about encoding, the default is ANSI, they also have Unicode, Unicode bigendian, and UTF-8. which is right?
    now the actual file name was troy1-fezvcd it did not say troy1-fezvcd.bin but i added that part because thet is how it was written in the post.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

To tell the truth I am not really sure on how to do that. That is why I provided a link in my post above to where the pro's are talking about this. Just click on that link, and It looks like there is more than enough info there for you. :)

I hope this helps you find what you are looking for

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Burners Nec 2500A
    Pioneer DVR 105

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004