1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK SET IT TO DMA TO RIP/BURN FASTER OK.......

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nyjets323, Aug 21, 2004.

1. oemtech

oemtech Member

Just joined... so I am Junior Member also. But I have 35 years in the computer business and have many years in Tech Support. That being said....nyjets323 you need to change your attitude (been there-done that and din't get me anything but GRIEF)... You ASK you don't DEMAND.

Now as to your problem.... An external drive is in no way fast enough to use for burning CD'd or DVD's - with or without DMA. The I/O is just to slow. I use mine as a achive device.

I just burned the The Last Samurai using DVD Shrink and Nero. It took about 2 hours to rip with compression and burn. Now I am running on an old 500 mhz PIII, 100mhz FSB, 655 meg memory, DMA 33, W2K and LG 4120 Burner. I also shut down everything and so the rip/burn process has all the resource it needs.

Now if you want to speed things up get a new system with loads of memory, 2+ ghz processor, large HD, new 12x burner, some GOOD media and a new operating system. Win 98 is slower that the 2nd Coming..... XP Pro or W2K at a minimum.

2. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

waiting a hour for a dvd to rip to my computer is a joy. Better than waiting 4 hours like before. After doing some research i found out it could be the USB devices causing my computer to show that blue screen. Like i said i reformmated the computer so i guess i deleted something....

3. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

i never said i have a external dvdr burner
    [bold]I HAVE A EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE MAXTOR 3000LS[/bold]

4. ispy

ispy Regular member

nyjets323
    Its worth looking at the Sony DSS Programme I mentioned,normally 20-25 mins to rip,18-23 mins to burn on entire disc 2hr movies.
    ispy

5. oemtech

oemtech Member

Didn't say a thing about an external burner... I said external drive, meaning HD via USB/Firewire. The I/O is just to slow.

Also, don't shout and don't take it personal. Read the replies and TNIK about for awhile before reply.

6. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

jeeze i wasnt shouting im just pointing it out for any other posters. God you people are touchy here.....

7. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

Plus i had everything working perfect until i reformmated so im guessing i have to look around for a driver.

8. michigan

michigan Guest

Everyone take a breath and relax.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]emachines T1862, 1.8mhz, 762 ram, 60gig hdd, 10gig hdd, lite-on multiformat dvd, 1394 IEEE
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2004
  9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

If you don't like it -

Just hit that "report an offensive post" link and report us -

10. michigan

michigan Guest

Uh ohh, now ScubaPete is in the house. Y'all are in deep poo poo now. Hi Pete :)

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Howdy there michigan, how've you been doing my fine friend, seems that there's a bit of "poor attitude" round here - and it's not on your side - (Lol)

Guess some would rather you not answer their questions.

You best be a little more tolerant if you want any help, my little Newbie friend. Not all pple who stop by to help read every word posted before trying to give some advice.

If you have to repeat yourself 15 times, let's do so in a civilized manner. It's you with the problem so, suck it up and be nice.

You always have a choice, answers or not - -

Pete