1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok softmodding xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by jigglywig, Dec 22, 2009.

1. jigglywig

jigglywig Member

So I have a very old xbox, and I have splintercell and mechassult, the originals.

Now, I have already made a xbox controller to pc. It has a memory card in it, but Windows cannot read it.

I wanted to install FreeBSD but I need cromwell and I read you cannot use Cromwell and play games.

So I just want to install Xebian.

How can I do this though? I have action replay, does it see the xbox memory card in the controller? I mean I have xbcd installed.

Any ideas?

2. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Can really help with the game save hack, as I've never done it. I found the hard drive hot swap method quite easy though so you may want to give that a try.

I'm not too sure about FreeBSD, but there is certainly a linux distro knocking round (dsl linux I think) that can be launched from your new dashboard.

3. scum101

scum101 Guest

gentoo (big and crap) or xebian.. obsolete..

they both look crap ion the standard 640x480 xbox tv resolution output.. if you want a pc with a 700mhz cpu and 64 ram go look in a skip.. loads of them there.