1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok straight Forward issue

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by tx3000, Sep 3, 2009.

1. tx3000

tx3000 Guest

Every place I go forum/message board or where ever this exact question is either never addressed. Or there is always way too much excess un-necessary information, that does nothing but cause even more confusion. So I have dumbed down the question to a yes or no answer.

Here is the issue:
    I have a 250GB HDD from a Chipped XBOX that is locked and the EEPROM.bin is long gone and not backed up. The board in the chipped xbox is fried.

Since I had the above situation happen and All I want to know is this:
    Can I just staright up take the 250GB locked HDD from the Chipped XBOX, and put it into a soft modded xbox, and access and or unlock the contents of the locked 250GB from the Chipped xbox, on the soft modded xbox by using Slayer's autoinstaller 2.6?

Yes or No?

2. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Yes and no. Yes you can use the other HDD for the softmodded xbox, but you would have to clone the original with the 250gig one, after you have somehow managed to unlock it. No, because without the eeprom of the chipped xbox, your 250gig hdd will more than likely remain useless for the end of time. The eeprom file of the chipped box will make it so that the hdd will only beable to be unlocked and re-locked with that specific eeprom. There are ways to recover it though, just not sure on exact programs atm. I have read somewhere before, that through the proper contacting, you are able to make a eeprom reader with a simple 5 volt power supply. This way reading the eeprom can be done even with a dead board. Hope this helps you a little.

3. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

No and No

If you have a locked drive and have no way to get the eeprom.bin or hdd key that locked the drive you will have to force unlock it and that will lose all the information on the drive. If you had the board laying around you can build an eeprom reader. With the eeprom reader you can get the old eeprom, unlock the drive then modify the files with xboxhdm and lock the drive with your new correct eeprom.

Simple enough?

here's a link to build the eeprom reader

Link to help you unlock

here's a link to force unlock

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009