1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by cool4cats, Apr 14, 2011.

1. cool4cats

cool4cats Member

HI all,

I have an old Sony DCR TRV 130E handycam and I have been trying to connect it to my computer with a firewire(4 pin to USB)But the computer tells me that it doesn't recognize the new hardware.There are no instructions with the instruction manual and I am wondering if it is even possible to down load onto a computer,or do I need drivers.Any help appreciated
    Gill

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

does the computer see new hardware at all? firewire does not have usb on it so what are you using, firewire or usb? does the manual say to use firewire or usb to computer?

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Your computer doesn't have a firewire port? That handycam has a firewire output port, and the only way you can connect it to your computer, to get good quality video capture, is via firewire.

If your computer doesn't have a firewire input port, your can get a firewire card, and install it in your PC. That is, if your computer isn't a laptop.

4. cool4cats

cool4cats Member

Hi all,

Thankyou for your replies I have taken Granpa's advice and have sent away for a Firewire Card(only 5.50) Hoping that works,I will let you all know.

Thanks agian
    Gill