1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old tv remote functions are wrong.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by xboxdvl2, Feb 27, 2014.

1. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

I have a crt tv from mid 90's and its a samsung think a 51` cm tv.Basically the buttons on the universal remote don't do the right thing, i thought the old universal remote was faulty ( i knocked the remote off a shelf and it landed in a dogs water bowl). The new remote doesn't seem to function properly either.
    would it be the remote or tv itself???also noticed tv doesn't have red,white,yellow inputs it only has red and white but red is video (which should be yellow).
    will put a pic of the tv,sorry in advance if this is wrong section i seen television section but none for crt tvs.

[​IMG]

2. DanyPerez

DanyPerez Member

I bet the problem is in the remote control. Look for conductive dirt (e. g. beverages residues) that confuse the keypress signals going into the IC, or broken copper/graphite traces. TV set is less subject to handling misuse and so it is unsuspicious, unless some EPROM is losing memory.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

i'd suspect the remote not because its broken just the programming at factory more than likely hasn't included your model tv ,an example would be my own crt tv where one code i input gets only partial function another is completely wrong another does nothing & the one that works is sorta ok unless you can buy another new uni remote with right of return then ebay would be a better bet & get the original

the rca color thing is odd i spose & only one sound input obviously means the tv has only 1 speaker

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i guess your probably right,could mess around with the remote and try different codes.
    I don't need a fancy remote with a hundred features,the new 1 i got was $1.99 i think, don't think i would get much better on ebay .
    The colour thing i'm thinking might of been 1 of the sockets replaced before we got the tv or just a mistake when it was being made.