1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old TV Shows

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lprophet, Feb 15, 2005.

1. lprophet

lprophet Guest

I recently P/U some DVDs of the old RED SLELTON show , at wal-mart . They play fine , but when I try to back them up , there is no sound , during the show itself. (MONO ?) The music plays , before the show starts , but there is no sound during the show.
    Tried several different computers , and burners , with the same result. Also , 4 different red skelton discs.
    Am using the latest versions of Decrypter , and shrink.

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

So you are saying that the original disks that you purchased play fine, and just the copies you made have the problem? If so, I would suspect the media and/or the burn speed. What brand disks are you using and what speed are you burning at? How many shows/disk and how much did they need to be shrunk(compressed)?

Whitfield

3. lprophet

lprophet Guest

Hi ! Thanks for the reply. 3 different media , H-P 8X , Phillips 8X , Khypermedia 4X. Burn speeds of 2X , 4X , and 8X. Origional discs were about 5.3 Gig. , + or - about .2 gig.
    Thanks !

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

I definately suspect the media- Do you use the (+) or the (-)? I have better luck with the (+)-There is a free program available here called DVD Identifier--Will tell you exactly who made the disks--keep burn speed at 4x or less and get some better quality disks--Sony,Taiyo Yuden, Maxell or Verbatim Datalife--Might get a couple of the RW type to test. Good Luck-

Whitfield

5. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

I would not think that it is the media, I have tried and burn't every type of media I can find from most expensive to the cheapest. Not once have I had the movie play but with no sound. The first thing I would look at is the audio selection in DVD Shrink, is there more than one audio format, ie: Dolby ac3, mpeg, etc.. if there is try burning with all formats ticked, that will allow your DVD player to select the right one. There is a setting in Shrink that can be changed to automatically select certain audio streams. That is where I would look first.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Did you reauthor the disc in any way?

7. lprophet

lprophet Guest

Hi ! thanks for the replies. No , I also don't think it's the media , since all the blanks work fine , on other movies.
    The Shrink settings are the default settings.
    Also these TV shows are from the 50's , at least .
    The Musical opening part Does play. (STEREO ? )
    It is the show itself (MONORAIL ? ) , that has no
    sound.
    No, I did not Re-author it.
    Thanks , again !

8. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

ok, check the audio settings on your DVD player, I had a disc that wouldn't play audio once, I found that by changing one of the settings on my player (bitstream I think) the audio would play.

9. lprophet

lprophet Guest

Hi ! Many THANKS to DSYF3R !!! I changed the "Stream Selections" setting in Shrink , to ALL FILES , and it WORKED !

10. lprophet

lprophet Guest

Hi ! Many THANKS to DSYF3R !!! I changed the "Stream Selections" setting in Shrink , to ALL FILES , and it WORKED !