1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Older Games

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by eysman, Jan 20, 2011.

1. eysman

eysman Member

Need Help!!!~ The Windows 7 new system will not play my older games that were made for a 32 bit system how do i get the 64 bit system to play my older games.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum due to blindness as not a news issue. have you tried compatibility mode?

3. eysman

eysman Member

No I have not how do you get there in win 7

4. keebles

keebles Regular member

Right click on the program,select properties, then compatibility mode. Some programs will not run no matter how much you try( example: Game Shark's dreamcast Memory card manager. it only runs under windows 98).

5. eysman

eysman Member

Someone at work told me to download Winhlp32.exe and the games would recognise this as there sorce base and run. Does this sound like it will work?

6. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

i dont think so, google tells me winhlp32 is to read 32 bit help files, not to run in compatibility. check this out, it might work.

7. rcgamer

rcgamer Member

I play a lot of older games and they have all worked that I can recall. You might try installing the game as administrator by right clicking the setup file and choosing that option. Once the game is installed you can right click a shortcut of the games and choose properties then the compatibility tab and then choose whatever version of windows the game is made for.

If you have a multi core processor andthe games run to fast then contol+alt+delete to get to control panel while the game is running , then find the process for the game in the control panel and right click and set the affinity to only one processor.

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Other option is get a win xp 32bit comp or run xp in a virtual pc assuming game will run smooth in it

unsubbed

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011